Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Nov 11, 2016, 21:45
Three Dogs Night's 'Easy to Be Hard'
So Kid Loco samples from this song

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 11, 2016, 22:10

So Kid Loco samples from this song
Yep, definately. But I think he did it nicely.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Last night I had the DJ play "GO" at my wedding. Tom was right when he said that if he was at a party that is what he would want to hear. The crowd young and old was getting down.

A blast from my college past.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

We tolerated, now our children are next! Still get goosebumps, when I hear it...
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Last Edit: Nov 16, 2016, 10:43 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

Go fuck yourself cancer!

RIP Sharon

Fuck 2016. 

She was such a fucking badass.  She got James Brown intros and earned them.  Personal favorite. 

Didnt know you were a fan of hers Bosco. I went to a family kickback years ago and my uncle played this.

I was sold and went downloading her stuff like crazy. I evidently went to see her at a show in L.A.

EDIT: I FOUND IT!

Way too much energy for a woman.  :)) After that show, I realized that the dap-kings worked and backed up Amy Winehouse for her album 'back to black' and for some reason I always despied Amy because I always knew that the dap-kings would always be 'Sharons'band! While Amy got famous, I stuck with Sharon! I think her best work was imo were the albums 'Naturally' 'Dap dippin' and '100 days'!

When Prince died, i saw this pop up

A once in a lifetime moment. Never again well see these two!
but sharon jones left an imprint on my total music theory and that someone like her could not be replicated at her age. She was 60 when she died. But the cool thing is that she put out her first album ar age 40 while she was a security guard for Wells Fargo. And the rest is history. Gonna miss here!

Really gutted over here 😢😢😢😢 2016 needs a firing squad!

Last Edit: Nov 19, 2016, 08:49 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 19, 2016, 08:20

Didnt know you were a fan of hers Bosco.

Indeed I am. But with this loss, another thread from the classic sound of Soul and Funk is gone. A truly dying breed.

Then there is Charles Bradley, who was also diagnosed with cancer (stomach) just a few months ago.

I just happened to check out Venetian Snares album from earlier this year 'Traditional Synthesizer Music' and I think it might be a happy place for many of you.

My favorite off the album:

Last Edit: Dec 01, 2016, 04:16 by Bosco

El-P has the sickest beats :o

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 01, 2016, 21:24

El-P has the sickest beats :o

Go to 'Fantastic Damage'

I heard this on the radio today:

It's really good, but my instant reaction was it sounded like a complete rip of Elbow's "One Day Like This" .

I Break Horses - Heart To Know

no idea, no idea