Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

9. September 2016, Gelsenkirchen, Germany

Started by Stefan, May 04, 2016, 18:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks  for  posting  reviews  and  photos  guys  ,  great  to  see  you  lot  having  a  blast  at  the  shows  ,  alas  ,  financially  i  couldn't  commit  to  this  concert  in  the  end  ,  looking  forward  to  the  UK  December  shows  though.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

@ThePumisher

I NEED TO HAVE THAT 'NOUS SOMMES LE POUVOIR' T-SHIRT??? :o

Please tell me, where did you get that????
So let your body rock...

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 11, 2016, 10:30

I don't see (or rather hear) where in Don't Think or the current setlist there would be an In Dust We Trust sample. Don't you rather mean Three Little Birdies Down Beats, between Star Guitar and EML Ritual ?

Yup that's it. I F'd up. Not In Dust We Trust but Three Little Birdies Down Beats. Edited in my review post.

Quote from: orangewedge99 on Sep 11, 2016, 13:09

@ThePumisher

Contact Whitenoise! He's the mastermind behind it. He made that in 2010 and I guess he might still have the templates!
Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016, 14:48 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: orangewedge99 on Sep 11, 2016, 13:09

@ThePumisher

WhiteNoise made them a couple of years ago
no idea, no idea

Thanks! I already contacted WhiteNoise!  :)

Definitely need to have that T-Shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the german ones that were in gelsenkirchen:

Das muss der absolute Kracher gewesen sein, ein Jammer, dass ich nicht konnte!!!!!!! :(
So let your body rock...

@ Csar: Haha, awesome, the "Surrender pose" was completely coincidental ;D

Btw, right next to us was a couple with correct Acid Clown makeup. So we probably weren't even the biggest Chemical Nerds there  :)

Youtube is already overran with these fucking scam live shows, but I managed to find some good videos of the show:
HBYG:

SIFSD:

DIA:

Go:

Settin Sun (incorrectly labeled as TPPR):

It Doesn't Matter seque:

Elektrobank:

Quote from: ChemicalBob on Sep 11, 2016, 11:40

Haha no way! I met the exact same people on the train ride home! We where pretty much the only people on that train at 2am and the adidas-guy started singing a (very drunk) version of galvanize ("dum dum dum! Galnize!!!") hahah Now that's a coincidence
;D Did he get to finish his "joke" there too?

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 11, 2016, 19:20

Youtube is already overran with these fucking scam live shows
How I hate these fakes. It's fucking irritating.

Quote from: Stefan on Sep 11, 2016, 19:20

Btw, right next to us was a couple with correct Acid Clown makeup. So we probably weren't even the biggest Chemical Nerds there  :)
Yeah, they were really nice and allowed me to take a photo of them! I invited them to come here. They had quite fun there too.
Last Edit: Sep 11, 2016, 19:54 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 11, 2016, 19:47

Yeah, they were really nice and allowed me to take a photo of them! I invited them to come here. They had quite fun there too.

You can see me in the back

this picture must been taken before the show becaue i'm sitting
no idea, no idea

Excellent read from all of you on the show. Glad you guys got your chance.

@ Pum

You had me at KDB! Parabolic antenna???  Actual fixture or screen visual?

@ Csar

Ill take one copy por favor. Bring that review on down.

@ Stefan
That venue looks small but huge from a crowd view (looks like Red Rocks) I like those type of crowds where you got a good look of the stage but not crowded. Reminds me off my gig at the Hollywood Bowl! Great pics to share too!

@ Joshlyn

I can only imagine a setting sun near a river that sits next to a park as dream backdrop for a show. I was just visualizing from your point of view and how awesome it would be to be at that particular show with all of you. Encores are scarce these days!

Quote from: toxic on Sep 11, 2016, 09:35

Had a great time! Really nice to meet all of you!

Here's a group photo my girlfriend made just before the gig.
From left to right: 2 friends of Csar, Csar, Stefan, me, Joslyn and Pumisher.

I've seen the brothers live 2 times last year, and this year in Lisbon, and this was by far the best show! Thanks everyone for this great evening, and thanks Joslyn for the great conversations about music and everything while driving to the venue and back home!

@Toxic

Legendary pic! btw,Ive never seen that surrender shirt your wearing before? I FINALLY GET TO SEE WHAT ALL OF YOU GUYS LOOK LIKE! ;D ;D ;D
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Did anybody yank on Pumisher's beard to see if that thing is legit?

Thanks for sharing guys. I'm happy to see everyone had a great time.

Alright, so here's the recording of the Gelsenkirchen show. I still haven't gotten the wav file (which I'm pretty sure was 24 bit at 48kHz), though, so it's still "lower-res". But perhaps it won't get any better regarding the source material. As soon as I get the wav, I'll reupload it. If anyone is interested I can send you the source mp3 too (looking at you Enjoyed, Benji, WhiteNoise, Mippio!!). Maybe you can get more out of it since I only own shitty "equipment" like my PC "Brüllwürfel" (=bawling speaker boxes/"dices") and did the EQing through my average headphones.

I apologize for the slight panning that goes on throughout the show because I couldn't resist dancing. There's also a few instances of chatting or remarks from me and friends, so please bear with me. Thanks, toxic, for holding the device every once in a while ;)

Enjoy!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/zzxrwd
— Aurora (The Seed)

"Go" breakdown is such a beautiful thing. Thanks Csar!

Quote from: Csar on Sep 12, 2016, 22:22
Thanks, toxic, for holding the device every once in a while
You are very welcome ;)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 12, 2016, 20:53

Hey Stefan, the Brotheres retweetet your post

https://twitter.com/stewosch/status/774760751160582144
Yeah, quite cool! How much is this in fake internet points?  8)

@ Csar: The recording sounds great! Thanks a lot :)

I've been listening to recordings of this gig and the one from the Picnic Afisha in Moscow. I'm not an expert with the history of sets and transitions like some of you guys, but I really enjoy the current set, flow and tiny surprises throughout.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

While writing for the tickets thread i also was going through the setlists on setlist.fm

Does anyone remember what "House Nation" and "King Of The Beats" where?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-chemical-brothers/2016/amphitheater-gelsenkirchen-gelsenkirchen-germany-43fc47c3.html

Oh, and i miss the Tuba Guy
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 04, 2023, 16:49
Does anyone remember what "House Nation" and "King Of The Beats" where?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-chemical-brothers/2016/amphitheater-gelsenkirchen-gelsenkirchen-germany-43fc47c3.html
I wasn't at that particular gig but...
Housemaster Boys' House Nation - an old rave/house track. The repeated line of "hou hou hou House Nation" was overlaid on to part of Acid Children. They did this at a bunch of gigs around that time. Mentioned on the forum here.

King Of The Beats is of course the track that the Siren/Klaxon noise is sampled from for Song To The Siren. I suspect whoever posted that to Setlist FM may have interpreted the opening siren sample as being King Of The Beats. Which it kind of is.

PS I miss the flashing blue lights/English coppers visuals they used to use for live STTS. Bring em back!
IT'S MORNING TIME!