Life Is Sweet

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey Skyscraper , random question , but i wouldn't mind betting you've seen them , . . did you get to see Orbital on their Wonky tour in 2012 ? . . I'm so gutted i totally missed that tour , . . i was never really into Orbital , but that Wonky album and the final shows they did looked really , really good.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Fine Time on Sep 08, 2015, 11:52

Hey Skyscraper , random question , but i wouldn't mind betting you've seen them , . . did you get to see Orbital on their Wonky tour in 2012 ? . . I'm so gutted i totally missed that tour , . . i was never really into Orbital , but that Wonky album and the final shows they did looked really , really good.
Bit of a random assumption, but yeah I did catch them on their Wonky tour at Brixton Academy. I mentioned that on the old forum. Did you per  chance visit the old Chems forum at some point? See my comment #125 HERE.
I had no idea that would be their farewell tour as they had only just returned with a new album. Glad I went.
Sometimes I like to listen to this recreation of their Carpenters mash up with Are we Here? Then I get wistful...
https://soundcloud.com/georgeearnestthefamousexplorer/orbital-vs-carpenters-are-we

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Whilst I'm embedding Soundclouds Mr Fine Time, you might dig this...

https://soundcloud.com/neworderofficial/new-order-restless-rac-mix
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yeah , did used to visit the old Chems forum occasionally but guessed you probably saw Orbital from your list of concerts you've been to (thread) on here. Thanks for the Carpenter's mash up , like it , have watched a lot of Orbital's 2012 tour on youtube , great setlist at that time with the new material etc. I had a ticket to see Paul Hartnoll's 8:58 project but sadly the gigs got cancelled , he was gonna play some Orbital stuff too ,  well , you never know , . . Faithless are back after their farewell tour 2011 , so , Orbital . . back in 2016 -17 ?? I won't hold my breath , but i will keep playing  'Where is it going'  very loud :-/
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Last one from me today: Soulwax on the remix.

Last Edit: Sep 08, 2015, 17:21 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

^ 4:06  :music
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Skyscraper on Sep 08, 2015, 17:20

Last one from me today: Soulwax on the remix.

Dammit, I was coming here just to post this :D Great remix, but maybe a bit too calm. I was expecting a big distorded synth like they usually do in their remixes. Like in this one :

As awesome as Gift Of Gab's verse is, it is the poetry of Saul Williams in part 2 that sends shivers down my spine.  Dig. 

hometown pride.  One of my favorite local artists of the last 15 or so years.

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

This track is awesome. And that video even more !

Random find, cool track:

Last Edit: Sep 15, 2015, 21:31 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

J Dilla — Donuts
Eight or over.

Found this track because a snippet of it from a Chems DJ set was postet in the Live Variations thread:

Sick Track!