Just Remember ... to Fall In Love!

The 90's

Started by ThePumisher, Mar 22, 2017, 09:30

Previous topic - Next topic
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Explud on Aug 04, 2018, 00:49
а то забаню, и навсегда.
не забанивай меня, не забанивай
я сегодня как железо
не забанивай меня, не забанивай
это просто бесполезно
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Aug 04, 2018, 05:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbXrTqspSDY&ab_channel=ANostalgicExperience

Oh wow! Now, that takes me back. My brother will love this.  I know I have an old cd with all the theme songs from the golden era of Nickelodeon.

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 03, 2018, 19:17

Seeing The Smashing Pumpkins in 10 days on their home turf. No full reunion , we got Iha back but they've exiled D'arcy. I'm hearing great things about the new tour.

Saw the show recently in Atlanta and it was so much more than I ever expected. It was my 3rd time seeing them and was far and above the best. The first two times I saw them didn't even compare.

1996 - I was into punk rock and hardcore. I took some strong acid and heard Exit Planet Dust for the first time and it changed my life forever.

1997 - Again...acid...saw the Chemical Brothers play live for the first time to a crowd of about 700 I would guess. Blew my mind!  Even got to speak to Ed for a second that night too.

Donna Martin graduates!

Quote from: whirlygirl on Apr 06, 2017, 13:44

All the best things that happened in my life happened in the 90's. That's not to say life hasn't been good since then, but those years were golden for me.

I graduated high school in the 90's.

I got to study in England for a semester in the 90's.

I moved out on my own for the first time in the 90's.

I had a job I absolutely adored in the 90's.

I nearly died in the 90's, and thus learned the best lesson in gratitude in the 90's.

I fell in love for the first time in the 90's.

I married my best friend in the 90's.

My son was born in the 90's.

I would do the 90's again and would not do a single thing differently.

We got the internet in the 90's!

There was a Chemical Brothers email group in the 90's before there was a message board!

Whirly was my first internet friend...ever...in the 90's!

Quote from: Thesouphead on Aug 17, 2018, 18:30

Saw the show recently in Atlanta and it was so much more than I ever expected. It was my 3rd time seeing them and was far and above the best. The first two times I saw them didn't even compare.

The recent show was my first! I was 9 when Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness came out, so I was a little too young to experience their live efforts when they were MASSIVE. I watched them afar on MTV all the time though. And being a Chicago Bulls fan Billy Corgan would always be around the united center where he would watch on his party bud, Dennis Rodman.

But yeah, I saw them this last Monday and while they sounded great, I thought the show was way too stagnant. I blame that on the show layout (stadium tour). Every ticket was seated (no pit) where I saw them, so there was no moshing or motivation for the crowd to move. I also could do without the countless covers. But fuck, was Mayonnaise awesome!

Quote from: Thesouphead on Aug 17, 2018, 18:35

1996 - I was into punk rock and hardcore. I took some strong acid and heard Exit Planet Dust for the first time and it changed my life forever. 

Interesting. We have a punk rock festival here in Chicago called Riot Fest where they book all forms of alternative styles of rock music. I'm always tossing the idea in mind if The Chemical Brothers could play this, and would they be well received. The Prodigy has played in the past, but their projected "edginess" covers up their electronic roots. Last year, New Order played and they did extremely well. But again, they're rooted from Joy Division, which is basically royalty at a fest like this.

Normally, I wouldn't care. But the festival and the people who attended, are really good. I would love to see the Chemical Brothers accepted in this group.

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 17, 2018, 19:42

The recent show was my first! I was 9 when Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness came out, so I was a little too young to experience their live efforts when they were MASSIVE. I watched them afar on MTV all the time though. And being a Chicago Bulls fan Billy Corgan would always be around the united center where he would watch on his party bud, Dennis Rodman.

But yeah, I saw them this last Monday and while they sounded great, I thought the show was way too stagnant. I blame that on the show layout (stadium tour). Every ticket was seated (no pit) where I saw them, so there was no moshing or motivation for the crowd to move. I also could do without the countless covers. But fuck, was Mayonnaise awesome!

Interesting. We have a punk rock festival here in Chicago called Riot Fest where they book all forms of alternative styles of rock music. I'm always tossing the idea in mind if The Chemical Brothers could play this, and would they be well received. The Prodigy has played in the past, but their projected "edginess" covers up their electronic roots. Last year, New Order played and they did extremely well. But again, they're rooted from Joy Division, which is basically royalty at a fest like this.

Normally, I wouldn't care. But the festival and the people who attended, are really good. I would love to see the Chemical Brothers accepted in this group.

I saw the Pumpkins a few years ago and obviously, it wasn't the original guys, which played a part, but it was outside and just came off as boring...set-list wasn't the greatest. The current show has amazing visuals and is catered to those of us who liked their stuff back in the 90s. I could never really get into any of Billy's post 2000 stuff. It was also inside, which I think usually leads to better shows in general.

The Chems might work at a fest like that, yep.  I can tell you...back in the early and mid 90s, the scene outside of mainstream radio was the poppy-punk scene and then when "electronica" and or "big beat" hit the US(MTV's AMP days), that kinda took over. There was a lot of cross over for sure.