Exit Planet Dust

For you guys who have money to burn and collections to fill

Started by Joslyn, Aug 29, 2015, 11:51

Previous topic - Next topic
I think it's just a test presses for some dj'sets from some pre-album period. Maybe it's really from Surrender or CWU era, or at least PTB.
Hi Kevin!

So the guy got back to me. It's mashups from their DJ sets around 1996-1998. He has sent a few samples, reuploaded here if you want. Four of are clips of mashups found on Brothers Gonna Work It Out, and the other is a 4 minute clip of the HBHG / Jungle Brothers / Sgt Pepper's mashup from Anti-Nazi.

I can't say it's the real deal though - every sample clip he shared had nothing in it that you can't already hear on Anti-Nazi or Brothers Gonna Work It Out. He could be taking clips from those mixes and passing them off as from this record, as a scam, easily. The only difference is some record crackle that's not present in the originals, but that's not hard to fake.

His clip of HBHG even starts directly after Big Beat Souffle fades out of the mix on Anti Nazi. Seriously if he'd started the clip just 5 seconds earlier he could prove it's the real deal, but he didn't.

I think this is a scam, can't say conclusively though. Anyone want to push for more detail or just leave it be?
Never for money, always for love.

Well, if the likelihood is high of it being just the same as other mixes we've all heard and listened to already, I don't know why I would want another copy of them with an egregious price tagged on to it. I agree with you, that all sounds dubious.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Anyone win the lottery lately? This ones for you!
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/u267613440

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

From a post over at the Brotherhood group on FB

Would anyone like to spend some good money on an original "Surrender" photo print? Only £1,500.00!

'Jesus' Amongst Fans, Olympia Music Festival, London, 1976

https://www.richardyounggallery.co.uk/products/jesus-amongst-fans-olympia-music-festival-london-1976
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Just found out that the "The Charlatans UK vs. The Chemical Brothers" E.P., which was released during the ?2021? RSD (discogs says release 1995), is on Bandcamp.

https://thecharlatans.bandcamp.com/album/the-charlatans-uk-v-the-chemical-brothers
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 11, 2023, 17:47
Just found out that the "The Charlatans UK vs. The Chemical Brothers" E.P., which was released during the ?2021? RSD (discogs says release 1995), is on Bandcamp.
It was re-released on vinyl for RSD.

I found a CD copy of it in a record store here for a dollar :)
dancesoitallkeepsspinning