Back With Another One of Those Block Rockin' Beats

Dissolve Lyrics

Started by Stefan, May 05, 2022, 18:02

Previous topic - Next topic
I was just listening to this great song, and it reminded me that this question needs to be settled once and for all: what are the lyrics of Dissolve?

Internet searches bring up this:
Caroline, Caroline
Will you walk on these fields of mine?

Yet I always hear:
Caroline, Caroline
Did your heart just fused with mine?

Am I wrong? Or is the internet wrong?
Is there a known source for the sample?

I have always heard the latter.
And I always thought that is Tom's voice, not a sample.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Glad I'm not the only one who doubts the internet :D

The funniest thing is, that I've read it while listening to the Further, RIGHT ON DISSOLVE ;-;
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I feel like this is in a topic somewhere already.

The internet is wrong. I'm 100% positive it is:
"Caroline, Caroline,
Did your heart just fuse with mine?"
Sung by Tom.

I have no idea who wrote the other version or how much broccoli they had stuffed in their ear when they we're transcribing, but it ain't that!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 05, 2022, 23:34
I have no idea who wrote the other version or how much broccoli they had stuffed in their ear when they we're transcribing, but it ain't that!

I guess it's hstn that puts broccoli in ears.
https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,69.msg395.html#msg395
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Thb, I think I've read the "fields" lyrics way before 2015, so hstn is probably not the original source.

Seems like a lot of you agree with the "hearts" lyrics.

In all honesty, if Hstn came up with the lyrics, we all know they'd be "There's an animal in eric's house." (JK, Hstn, love you man)

they're much more clearer in the reel intro back in 2011

granted video footage from an Iphone 4 doesn't do justice but I clearly hear "Did your heart just fuse with mine"
Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 02:23 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 06, 2022, 19:52

they're much more clearer in the reel intro back in 2011

Oh my God how the Reel enters at 18:30. Chills everywhere, I'm dying!

Thb, Dissolve would deserve to be featured more prominently in this encore, but my god, the transition into the Reel is perfect. It's Snow/Surface to Air-level perfect.
The whole 2011 encore deserves an award.

Hear, hear! Dunno why they scrapped that Dissolve/ Reel mix. Should be thrown in every once in a while during a tour. It's so psychedelic and dreamy.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

ok, just popped up on my Apple Music shuffle, and I forgot to ask about this before...

producers and keen ears out there, is this the bongo bit a rearranged/edited percussion sample for the outro on Dissolve/segue to Horsepower?

Mystery solved. We now have it in writing that all of the internet's lyric sites are flat-out wrong about the Dissolve lyrics.
Not that I ever had much doubt about it XDPlease log in to view this attachment.

Before you get a heart attack: that's a photo edit, I didn't use a text marker in my book.
Last Edit: Jan 25, 2024, 09:42 by Stefan

Quote from: Stefan on Jan 25, 2024, 07:05
Mystery solved. We now have it in writing that all of the internet's lyric sites are flat-out wrong about the Dissolve lyrics.
Not that I ever had much doubt about it XDPlease log in to view this attachment.

Before you get a heart attack: that's a photo edit, I didn't use a text marker in my book.
I was about to mention the lyrics were in the book! Felt like an epiphany reading that  ;D
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on May 06, 2022, 19:52
In all honesty, if Hstn came up with the lyrics, we all know they'd be "There's an animal in eric's house." (JK, Hstn, love you man)
When hearing Chemcial Beats live for the first time I did in fact scream f#cking animals in Eric's house, the influence of Hoosteen! 
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

And thx to you two I start to hear it every time you bring it xDD 
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?