I Know What to Do: I'm Going to Lose My Mind

Best B-Side, E.P.-track, non album track, behind the couch track, best-of album

Started by ThePumisher, Aug 23, 2015, 13:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Best B-Side, E.P.-track, non album track, behind the couch track, best-of album only track, digital download only track, album bonus track...

Dope Coil (Fourteenth Century Sky E.P.)
Her Jazz (Fourteenth Century Sky E.P.)
My Mercury Mouth (My Mercury Mouth E.P.)
If You Kling To Me I'll Klong To You (My Mercury Mouth E.P., Life Is Sweet single)
Dust-Up Beats [eventualy replaced version) (My Mercury Mouth E.P.)
Dust-Up Beats (My Mercury Mouth E.P. & Wipeout soundtrack)
Be That Thing (The Serious Road Trip compilation)
Let Me In Mate (Leave Home single)
Loops Of Fury (Loops Of Fury E.P.)
[The Best Part Of] Breaking Up (Loops Of Fury E.P.)
Buzz Tracks (Setting Sun single)
Prescription Beats (Block Rockin' Beats single)
Morning Lemon (Block Rockin' Beats single)
Not Another Drugstore (Elektrobank single)
These Beats Are Made For Breakin' (Elektrobank single)
Flashback (Hey Boy Hey Girl single)
Scale (Hey Boy Hey Girl single)
The Diamond Sky (Let Forever Be single)
Studio K (Let Forever Be single)
Freak Of The Week (Music:Response single)
Power Move (Out Of Control single)
Hot Acid Rhytm 1 (It Began In Afrika single)
Base 6 (Star Guitar single)
H.I.A. (Come With Us single & American E.P.)
Nude Night (The Golden Path single)
The Duke (Singles 93-03)
Otter Rock (Singles 93-03)
Delik (Singles 93-03)
Electronic Battle Weapon 7 [Acid Children]
Giant (Believe single)
Spring (Believe single)
Rize Up (Galvanize single)
Swiper (The Boxer single)
Electronic Battle Weapon 9
The Rock Drill (Jacob Epstein sculpture @ Tate Modern)
Silver Drizzle (b-sides vol.1)
Clip Kiss (Do It Again single)
No Need (Do It Again single)
Snooprah (The Salmon Dance single)
Seal (We Are The Night japan edition)
Keep My Composure (Heroes O.S.T.)
Keep My Composure (Brotherhood)
Don't Think (Further deluxe edition)
Pourquoi (Further iTunes USA version)
Theme For Velodrome (London Olympics 2012)
This Is Not A Game (The Hunger Games - Mockingjay PT1 O.S.T.)
Direct Buki (Born In The Echoes japan edition)
Let Us Build A City (Born In The Echoes deluxe edition)
Wo Ha (Born In The Echoes deluxe edition)
Enjoyed (Music Response EP)
Best B-Side, E.P.-track, non album track, behind the couch track, best-of album only track, digital download only track, album bonus track...

Miss a track?

I was thinking about to include The Golden Path, Get Yourself High & Midnight Madness, but they are released at a single with video so i don't
Last Edit: Aug 23, 2015, 14:01 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

This is completely insane. When I saw the subject title I immediatly thought ´Rock Drill´. Then I saw the list and voting became impossible

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 23, 2015, 13:59

Miss a track?

Let start a discussion :)
Did you forget EBW 6 or did you deliberately exclude it because it's a remix Hoops? If the latter is the case Delik, Studio K, the Diamond sky and Snooprah should be of the list as well for being remixes of other tracks.

You need the Planet Nine mix of Not Another Drugstore too. Far superior. I can't listen to the original anymore.

And, not to be that guy, but Enjoyed is missing...  8)
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Holy crap, man!
Well, I've always kinda prefered the Chem's more recent work to their earlier stuff, and their B-Sides is no exception.
After much deliberation, I went with The Duke, Spring, Silver Drizzle, Seal, and Don't Think. I gotta give a shout out to Nude Night, Enjoyed, and The Diamond Sky. Also, My Mercury Mouth holds up as some of their best stuff from around that time.
I used to muse that the brothers were trying to build some sort of lab monster that had a Mercury Mouth and an Elastic Eye. Unfortunately, they never made any more songs with titles like that, but I imagine the project is merely in stasis in Ed's basement.
The devil is in the details

Rock Drill and Pourquoi, because those are the only two that I do not have in legit flac/wav.
Be That Thing, because I forgot about that song existing.
HAR1, because WHY IS THERE ONLY ONE
Swiper, because I can't handle the Swiper.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is harddddddddd!

After painstakingly picking the first four tracks, I'm now in a 6 way tie for my 5th pick! 

I have no doubt that base 6 should be up there with the best. I mean it's like 4 tracks in one!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

These polls have become so difficult they're not even fun.

I've never heard of 'Be That Thing' before now. It's kinda got that Dope Coil meets My Mercury Mouth feel. Pretty cool. Is this impossible to track down?
Last Edit: Aug 24, 2015, 19:02 by satur8
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Aug 24, 2015, 19:00

I've never heard of 'Be That Thing' before now. It's kinda got that Dope Coil meets My Mercury Mouth feel. Pretty cool. Is this impossible to track down?
It was apparently released before the name change:

Quote from: satur8 on Aug 24, 2015, 19:00

Ha ha! Well done Pumisher for the most impossible poll ever! It certainly gave me a chuckle.  But it is useful as a reminder of some of the more "off-piste" Chems stuff.

I only became aware of Be That Thing at some point in the last twelve months and I mentioned it somewhere on the old forum. Bought it on CD format on this  compilation. But if you want it on 12", then go here.  Personally I think it's about the crappest thing they've done but I still bought it...

(BTW shouldn't Don't Think say JAPANESE deluxe edition of Further?)

oh I think I got that Melody Maker CD compilation from Amazon actually, for literally one penny + postage here.
Last Edit: Aug 24, 2015, 21:08 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

HAHAH this killed me when i saw the list!

Not  another drug store for me.......  :music

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 23, 2015, 15:18

You need the Planet Nine mix of Not Another Drugstore too. Far superior. I can't listen to the original anymore.

And, not to be that guy, but Enjoyed is missing...  8)
Yes it is :( I took the liberty of editing the poll to add it and vote for it.

It was hard but I picked :
Morning Lemon
Loops of Fury
Enjoyed
Don't Think
Base 6

Quote from: Redout_Chemical on Aug 24, 2015, 20:52

Not  another drug store for me.......  :music

I would have voted for the Planet Nine Mix. That breakdown and build up at 4:05 is one of the best things they've ever done. It comes on when running quite a lot. I expend so much extra energy drumming along.

I'm  surprised that some of you picked morning lemon!  I actually thought I was alone on that one.

I remember buying the BRB single and playing the hell out of ML than the other.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I used to keep skipping to track 4 of BGWIO to hear it all the time before I got the BRB single.
Last Edit: Aug 24, 2015, 21:39 by Enjoyed

Morning Lemon made my top 5.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 24, 2015, 20:47

I only became aware of Be That Thing at some point in the last twelve months and I mentioned it somewhere on the old forum. Bought it on CD format on this  compilation. But if you want it on 12", then go here.  Personally I think it's about the crappest thing they've done but I still bought it...

It's indeed the worst track they have ever done. It sounds like one of the first three tracks they made, trying to leard to compose with their equipment. Bought it only for completion of the collection, never played it again after the first listen

Fuck!

How has this poll not broken the forum???

:D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.