Born In the Echoes

Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Ben_j on Nov 16, 2019, 09:40

I'm curious about Jedi Fallen Order. It's got pretty good reviews, and the metroidvania/metroid prime inspiration might be right up my alley.

It's really good.
Looks great, story is interesting (I'm few hours in) and fight is really well done.
I've noticed few bugs; for instance, storm troopers attacks in t-pose from time to time, which is hilarious, but other than that, nothing else. I'm guessing it has to do with loading times.
Best of all, no micro-transaction of any kind!
Must play for any Star Wars fan, I would say.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

anybody playing Halo Reach/Master chief collection on the PC?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: sandelic on Dec 05, 2019, 00:00

It's really good.
Looks great, story is interesting (I'm few hours in) and fight is really well done.
I've noticed few bugs; for instance, storm troopers attacks in t-pose from time to time, which is hilarious, but other than that, nothing else. I'm guessing it has to do with loading times.
Best of all, no micro-transaction of any kind!
Must play for any Star Wars fan, I would say.

Allright, it will be my next game after Death Stranding then :)

So Microsoft just purchased Bethesda, id Software & Arkane Studios. Didn't see that coming.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 21, 2020, 21:01

So Microsoft just purchased Bethesda, id Software & Arkane Studios. Didn't see that coming.

That's a great move. TBH, I liked the Xbox Series X more, but the PS5 has all the best exclusive games. Now maybe they can fight.

The most attractive thing about this will be that all the (new) games from these Publishers will be available within Game Pass an playable from day one on Xbox, PC and via xCloud (included in Game Pass) on Android devices. For 13€/month thats a very sexy thing
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 22, 2020, 09:27

That's a great move. TBH, I liked the Xbox Series X more, but the PS5 has all the best exclusive games. Now maybe they can fight.
bring back some good old fashioned console wars, eh‽
Eight or over.

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 22, 2020, 09:27

That also means theres a possibility for a Fallout New Vegas 2, since Obsidian Entertainment is also microsoft acquired since 2018.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I had a moment of enlightenment, thanks to Fallout: New Vegas

:::roaming wasteland:::

:::Enters VATS:::

[Chem Addict]
[Chem Addict]
[Chem Addict]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'll be checking this out:

This game was perfectly fine without Disney properties, but I'm kinda curious how they monitor online gameplay/chat now that they are teamed up with Disney.

Well, any thoughts about today's Nintendo Direct?

I laugh everytime, when someone ask for switch pro XDDD

But daaamn, BOTW2 looks promising, also the Metroid Dread
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Jun 15, 2021, 20:10

I laugh everytime, when someone ask for switch pro XDDD

But daaamn, BOTW2 looks promising, also the Metroid Dread
I'm globally happy. I've been asking for a new Advance Wars for years, and while it's technically a remake of AW 1 and 2, I'm so happy they dug that IP out of the sand.
Also really hyped for Metroid Dread. To think it's been in development hell for 16 years and is finally coming out gives me hope for stuff like Half Life 3.
BotW2... I have to say I've never been thrilled about the idea of recycling the same map. I'd much rather have a brand new Zelda, with a new setting. And I just hope we get proper dungeons this time.
All in all, I did not expect much so I was pleasantly surprised. Still waiting for Golden Sun and a new F-Zero though

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 15, 2021, 22:22

I'm globally happy. I've been asking for a new Advance Wars for years, and while it's technically a remake of AW 1 and 2, I'm so happy they dug that IP out of the sand.
Also really hyped for Metroid Dread. To think it's been in development hell for 16 years and is finally coming out gives me hope for stuff like Half Life 3.
BotW2... I have to say I've never been thrilled about the idea of recycling the same map. I'd much rather have a brand new Zelda, with a new setting. And I just hope we get proper dungeons this time.
All in all, I did not expect much so I was pleasantly surprised. Still waiting for Golden Sun and a new F-Zero though

I'm constantly asking for one thing only... GAMEBOY ON SWITCH ONLINE
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

A largely underwhelming Direct I thought. I don't understand why they spend so much time going into the intricate mechanics of boring ass RPGs during a global show & tell. I completely understand that those games have fans, and that the trailer doesn't have to be for me, but spending 5 solid minutes telling us how monsters can be captured, or not captured, and combined together to make even better monsters, who may, or may not, be powerful allies, is just a huge waste of time. Show us the setting and the premise, then move on. If we're interested, we can watch the full demo.

Was hoping for more Splatoon 3 news, and the possibility of a new Mario Kart. But the BOTW2 stuff was truly exciting. I'm really hoping for a MM/OOT treatment. Same mechanics, same feel, just more out there.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: JRSZ on Jun 15, 2021, 20:10

MONKEY BALL YESSSSSSSS!!!!1!!

Metroid Dread was cool, there have been teases of it since, like, 2004.

Nothing that screams "I need to buy a Switch", Monkey Ball is coming to other systems too. No Rhythm Heaven/Paradise, so that's kind of disappointing IMO, but I understand why there may not be one for a while.
You were always such a free spirit
Who came and went so much
A will-o'-the-wisp and charming with it
I'm still longing for your touch

Quote from: Ben_j on Jun 15, 2021, 22:22

Also really hyped for Metroid Dread.

My second fave franchise from the big N! Kind of wish it was FPV but throwing it back to the classic side scroller takes me back to the classic NES, where I drew my own freakin maps on where to find my missiles, energy tanks, etc. I miss having gaming consoles (at one time, I owned every game console in one particular year.) But I think I had the best moments on SNES: Zelda, Actraiser, SF2, Super Contra, but Super Metroid was the one that really did it for me in terms of controls, graphics, MUSIC, and overall gameplay, in which carried into the marvelous Metroid Prime Trilogy.

I don't have a switch...yet!
Last Edit: Jun 18, 2021, 05:19 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I've had excellent few days playing Mass Effect Legendery Edition.
I forgot how good it is.
And playing it in 4k without bunch of mods was a treat.
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!