Jerk Chicken

The Prodigy (official thread)

Started by ThePumisher, Jul 23, 2015, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, that wasn't impressive at all. Already heard it live and it was the least of the set

Quote from: Explud on Jul 19, 2018, 16:39

Who?
New track just been premiered now on BBC Radio 1.
What a piece of shit. Can't believe that LH released a concert "fill" as the new single.
Hi Kevin!

GOVNO
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Well... Nice b-side. The beat is nice too. I don't get the video, though.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 19, 2018, 19:10

Well... Nice b-side.
You wont believe this... but this.. is the lead and presenting album single.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: neorev on Jul 19, 2018, 16:37

E-mail sent out announcing "Need Some1" single premiere on Annie Mac tonight as well

And you didn't believe me. :)
Who didn't believe you?

Why does the video change aspect ratios in the middle?

Quote from: Explud on Jul 19, 2018, 18:22

New track just been premiered now on BBC Radio 1.
What a piece of shit. Can't believe that LH released a concert "fill" as the new single.
Well some of us heard it a couple of days ago courtesy of fellow forumite Bob C (thanks Bob). Maybe you did too, Explud?  It sounds instantly like the Prodigy and yet also instantly forgettable. I think Invaders Must Die was the last Prodigy album I enjoyed, (why do I have memories of the album having a green & black colour scheme when it seems to be orange, white & black on Discogs? Did I get a special edition or am I losing my mind?).
And really the last great Prodigy album was Fat of The Land. So I'm keeping my expectations realistic for this one.

Quote from: UltimatePelmeni on Jul 19, 2018, 18:50

GOVNO
What does this mean?

At the risk of Chemically "hijacking" the thread, note the short time between teasing us with new material and then releasing music & letting fans know what's going on. Considering how long we've had the EBW12 teaser, isn't it time to release the track? Otherwise the casual fans might forget about it altogether. Is it possible that the Chems had to release something (i.e a clip) just to show festivals that they were 'back' with new material?

Back to the Prodigy, maybe the green & black I was thinking of above was for the Omen single release. Ten years ago, wow!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 19, 2018, 19:25
What does this mean?
It means 'shit'.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Why does the video change aspect ratios in the middle?
Coz the Prodigy is from the 90s! Lots of old folks with 4:3 tubes, I guess. TbH, it's probably just an artistic choice, although there's no neat transition like in some modern movie productions. But there's nothing neat about this video to begin with either.

It sounds instantly like the Prodigy and yet also instantly forgettable. I think Invaders Must Die was the last Prodigy album I enjoyed.

So I'm keeping my expectations realistic for this one.
Exactly. And isn't that unfortunate? Ten Years, for f sake! I can't believe it's already been almost ten years since Invaders.

At the risk of Chemically "hijacking" the thread, note the short time between teasing us with new material and then releasing music & letting fans know what's going on. Considering how long we've had the EBW12 teaser, isn't it time to release the track? Otherwise the casual fans might forget about it altogether. Is it possible that the Chems had to release something (i.e a clip) just to show festivals that they were 'back' with new material?
Good question. Does anyone know off the top of your heads how much time had passed between the Sometimes teaser and its release?
Last Edit: Jul 19, 2018, 19:53 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 19, 2018, 19:47
Good question. Does anyone know off the top of your heads how much time had passed between the Sometimes teaser and its release?
Nobody knows what's in the heads of Tom and Ed. Maybe they're just trying to figure out how much the new material is good.
And again, remember the 2004 tour, they presented 3 new tracks:
1. Come Inside.
2. Surface To Air.
3. Acid Children (new EBW at the moment, EBW7).
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Jul 19, 2018, 16:39

Who?

Sorry,copy and pasted my update on a couple of forums. One forum member on the Underworld one was getting angry at me like I was lying lol.

meh.. I need some other track... hoping it would have been a more 90s rave track. I love the drums.. but that is all.

Yeah sounds like a b side or concert fill. It's not bad but not a great single. I hope they have more original material for the album

Guys, guys. Calm down, I brought you an ear balm.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Missed that somehow. Is that the precursor of the new album? Hmmm. I've got a feeling we're getting the same old same old once again. Sigh... I do hope I'm wrong.
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think the clip sounds different from IMD and TDIME albums. Production sounds cleaner, but still raw. I really don't understand what people are expecting from them. This is what The Prodigy do.

I hate that pitched-up vocal to be honest.

Well, I can't really expect anything from them, that would be presumptuous. But I do miss Liam's playfulness and subtleness he had on Experience, MFtJG, FotL and even AONO. I love Invaders but everything since then sounded rougly the "same". You can hear that almost all tracks are meant to be played live which is not necessarily a good thing for a studio album, imo. What I mean by that is that it might lack variety and nuances which sometimes seem to be sacrificed for just another aggressive beat. Also their attitude sort of thing has worn off a little (DIME was meant to show the dance industry what it's like according to Liam). Just convince me with good music not musical "statements".
However, I still agree with Tom Rowlands's notion that he is a genius, coz he is!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Sep 07, 2018, 10:42

I love Invaders but everything since then sounded rougly the "same".
They've released only one album after Invaders, so "everything" seems a bit excessive
no idea, no idea