Oh Yeah, Here We Go, C'mon!

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Another great funky live band cover of a house track. 

Why am I so late to the jestofunk party?

Last Edit: Jul 20, 2015, 22:08 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm not sure it's possible for Tom to release anything that isn't funking excellent.

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

This is seriously the most undervalued break ever.  Love how P.E., Dj Food, Dj Hurricane, etc. have used it, but it is THE centerpiece of 'B. G. W. I. O."  LOVE how they played it through AND f'd it up. 

On a related note, can we make a rule that the next person who uses "Apache" is the first person against the wall when the revolution comes (though I do love how Shadow and Switch have used it)?

And all of 1989. I literally love this chick. 

Been playing this a lot too. So chillaxing
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 15:15 by Mob1

Just for Csar

Can't find original mix, it used to be a favorite of mine...
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

^ The new MBM EP on Kasm is quite delightful. In a beautifully dark Jack Dangers kind of way.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Love 99% but Storm The Studio is my fave.  Life altering album. 

Some good old Yage A.K.A Future Sound of London

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 21:21 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

KEXP Steps Inside Paul's Boutique
Friday, July 24th

6:00 AM to 6:00 PM PST

Exclusive interviews, rarely-heard source materials, and rare demos highlight day dedicated to Beastie Boys classic
Almost exactly 26 years after the release of the Beastie Boys' Paul's Boutique, KEXP will dedicate a full day of programming to the sampling classic, playing the seminal album and every identified song that it samples across 12 hours, resulting in an odyssey of diverse, unorthodox radio.

Beginning at 6:00 a.m. PDT, KEXP DJs John Richards, Cheryl Waters, and Kevin Cole will meticulously dissect the album, playing all 15 album tracks, more than 100 sampled selections, and rare bonus tracks and demos, plus new interviews with album co-producers The Dust Brothers (John King and Mike Simpson) and an exclusive archival chat with the Beastie Boys aired throughout the day. It's not unusual for KEXP to play sample-sourced artists like the Beatles, Afrika Bambaataa, and the Ramones on any given day, but the unpredictable-yet-cohesive composition of Paul's Boutique will result in truly one-of-a-kind programming blocks: expect to hear spoken word artist Lightnin' Rod, the R&B horn band Tower of Power, Bernard Herrmann's iconic score from Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho, and the Eagles in close proximity.

"Breaking down LCD Soundsystem's 'Losing My Edge' song-by-song and reference-by-reference last year was just the warmup," said John Richards, host of KEXP's The Morning Show. "In my 20-plus years as a DJ, I never thought I'd be this excited to play Loggins and Messina outside of the privacy of my own car. The organic and eclectic composition of Paul's Boutique perfectly mirrors the KEXP programming philosophy and our emphasis on digging deep into music of all eras and genres, and the Beasties are one of the best-loved bands in the KEXP Community."

A commercial flop upon release in 1989, Paul's Boutique is now widely considered one of the best albums of the 1980s. The influence of the album's sample-heavy style can be heard in artists ranging from Wu-Tang Clan leader RZA to the pioneering electronic group The Avalanches. An album like Paul's Boutique is highly unlikely be created again due to the extensive sampling fees and licensing clearances needed to secure a legal, wide release. Rolling Stone ranked Paul's Boutique at #156 of The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time, while Pitchfork rated it #3 on its Top 100 Albums of the 1980s.

"I love that KEXP is taking the time to break down Paul's Boutique," says Dust Brother John King. "When we finished it we felt like it was an amazing work of art to listen to and it was made that way. It is wonderful to have, over the years, people continue to appreciate it. It gets me almost back to the place I was right when we finished it and I thought it was the greatest thing ever."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_one
Pete Tong and Sasha at Amnesia 1996
Radio 1's Classic Essential Mix, Radio 1 Ibiza 20
It's live now, awesome party vibe

Where is Sasha btw? Haven't heard from him in a while! Last time I saw him was in 2011 at Coach.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.