Did I Pass the Acid Test?

Leftfield

Started by Enjoyed, Feb 20, 2017, 15:16

Previous topic - Next topic
22 years on from Leftism...

THIS is happening.

Pretty tempted for the London show myself. Not so much for the CD. Seems they haven't found a way to top the first re-release with all those tasty alternate versions on the bonus disc. Worth a listen though.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Thanks  for  the  heads up  Enjoyed ,  just  pre-ordered  the  CD ,  tempted  by  the  Birm. show.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

I was hoping for a new album and new live tour. But I suppose this is pretty damn good. :)

Anyone else thinking of going to the London show?

I'm looking to not be Billy No-Mates at another Leftfield show...

(stating the obvious) This is awesome. But means nothing to me if they don't bring it to the States.

They were pretty great at Coahella in 2011 (even though I was burdened with desert lung). It was really short though...

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 22, 2017, 13:17

Anyone else thinking of going to the London show?

You got a ticket in the pre-sale this morning? ("Pre-sale"? Load of boll*x isn't it).
How much are they, £40 or something? Oh yeah, they are! £38 + trans fee.
I've got cashflow "issues" at the mo, but if things are better by May, I may end up buying a last minute ticket, assuming people aren't selling them at inflated prices by then.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 22, 2017, 20:40

I may end up buying a last minute ticket, assuming people aren't selling them at inflated prices by then.

Sweet. Let me know if you do. I didn't go for a pre-sale one in the end. Trying to save for my wedding has me a little more picky on what shows I want to travel to (it costs more to get to London for a show than for any ticket).

Neil said it hasn't been mastered yet. With vinyl pressing delays being the way it is, we will be lucky to see a 4th quarter 2021 release.

Quote from: neorev on Feb 05, 2022, 02:14

Neil said it hasn't been mastered yet. With vinyl pressing delays being the way it is, we will be lucky to see a 4th quarter 2021 release.

2022!

'Alternative Light Source' didn't stick with me as I would have liked, but willing to try new stuff, if they got it.

I remember we (Pooter, Biff, Darkstar, and Me) were able to get to see them in 2011 at Coachella, and it was pretty bangin'. Would love for them to team up with Chemical Brothers as legacy electronic music tour of some sort.

Trentemøller>Ratatat>Leftfield, was quite an epic block. Damn, I miss those days...

Duuuuuuuuude. Psyched for this.

Sunday Coachella 2011 was quite the event.

Seeing Trentemoller perform Miss You against a backdrop of the last rays of light disappearing behind the desert skyline, silhouetting a brightly lit ferris wheel lazily spinning in between... it made me feel like there was some purpose to my life.

Maybe to all our lives.

That video is awful, but you can technically see it around 3:11 or so.

But holy shit dat Leftfield set.

I'm sad other people haven't dug a lot of Leftfield's music as much as I have--I'm a fan of most of it. With that said, I can understand people's lack of enthusiasm for some of it.

I'll be excited to hear what else he's got in store for us.

Leftfield at Glastonbury were on my 'check it out if I have time' list (after killing myself 2 years in a row trying to see everything I wanted - much better for the mental to pick a couple of bands a day to focus on, and pepper the rest of the day with treats when you can.)

Anywho, in a year with The Chems headlining The Other Stage, Leftfield were incredibly close to being the best thing I saw that weekend. All of the joy of listening to their first two albums was brought back in a totally re-imagined way that perfectly straddled the line of those two earlier classics (at least IMHO) and their new material. A totally undeserved and unexpected surprise.

Alternative Light Source was a go to running soundtrack for a while there too.

I feel like, along with Fluke, Leftfield sit in the largely underrated world of late 90s Electronic music that never made it as big as TCB, UW & Orbital.

Quote from: MadPooter on Feb 08, 2022, 14:13

But holy shit dat Leftfield set.

I'm sad other people haven't dug a lot of Leftfield's music as much as I have--I'm a fan of most of it. With that said, I can understand people's lack of enthusiasm for some of it.

I'll be excited to hear what else he's got in store for us.

I love Leftfield. Everyone always mentions Leftism, but Rhythm And Stealth is my go-to record from them. Throw in Snake Blood from The Beach too.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 09, 2022, 00:44

I feel like, along with Fluke, Leftfield sit in the largely underrated world of late 90s Electronic music that never made it as big as TCB, UW & Orbital.

Fluke's Risotto is a classic. I absolutely love that album.

Quote from: neorev on Feb 09, 2022, 01:57

Throw in Snake Blood from The Beach too.

Ooooooooh yes.

Leftfield announced their new album "This Is What We Do" with the new track "Pulse". Album release will be December 2nd. Pre-order here => CLICK

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 28, 2022, 17:39

Album release will be December 2nd

I wasn't crazy about Pulse (above) but this feels more like it.

Leftfield - Accumulator

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Accumulator is a fuckin' banger.

Album as a whole was so-so for me first listen. But I'm very tired and very stoned. So maybe my second listen will be better.