Yeah, We Will Live Again

2022/09/25 - Live at Portola Festival San Francisco

Started by remyvice, May 16, 2022, 00:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Y'all might want to keep your eye on this account: https://www.instagram.com/portolafestival
Last Edit: Jun 19, 2022, 20:31 by Csar

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 16, 2022, 02:21

I'm convinced.

Glenn Mendlinger follows, and is also somebody of high interest to Chems.

Next question is if Desert Daze is on their radar.

Quote from: Bosco on May 16, 2022, 02:02

Spill it!

Goldenvoice festival at Pier 70 in San Francisco. Rumored acts include our beloved Chems, Jamie xx, Four Tet + Floating Points, Caribou, Peggy Gou, The Avalanches, Disclosure, Duke Dumont, L'Imperatrice, Fred again..

$200 for a single day ticket 😭. This is going to hurt one way or the other.

Hell yeah! Definitely going! Not sure if any L.A. date?

Btw, back in April, someone here already called it before this announcement.

Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 19:02 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 16, 2022, 18:56

Hell yeah! Definitely going! Not sure if any L.A. date?

Btw, back in April, someone here already called it before this announcement.

that intial rumor implied this was being planned the same weekend as CRSSD in San Diego. if so then I expect a lot of crossover.

Was it Goldenvoice that put on the solo Chems show along with their CA festival appearance last time?

I'm down for Four Tet + Floating Points, but I'd much rather sink 100 into a solo Chems show than 200 freakin' boneyos on a single day festival. Just wondering if we think it'd be worth waiting...

Also. Am I the idiot? Or is this some weird ass dimension where Flume is listed higher than The Avalanches?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

This is what I was referring to a few months back. God damn I hope they come to Chicago. I'll drop the coin if need be for SF, but I really hope they will do a small tour

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 16, 2022, 21:57

Was it Goldenvoice that put on the solo Chems show along with their CA festival appearance last time?
Yes, both Shrine and The Greek Theatre shows were produced by Goldenvoice. Hard Music Festival in 2015, I don't think that was Goldenvoice, but I'm not totally sure who has, or had, control of that fest.

Also. Am I the idiot? Or is this some weird ass dimension where Flume is listed higher than The Avalanches?

I feel ya, but Flume sub-headlined behind Billie Eilish at Saturday of Coachella this year. Meanwhile, The Avalanches were buried into the 5th line of the lineup of Friday at Coachella. So this isn't totally new news for Goldenvoice.

Just wondering if we think it'd be worth waiting...

Excellent question, and a soul draining one for those who don't have the benefit of living on either of the main major coastal cities in North America.

If I were to guess, this trip is a short one. There's no indication of any new releases in the near future so it's kinda hard to believe they will take the time to tour without a new album. Maybe a Mexican date to makeup for festival cancelation in 2020? Or maybe some unannounced Southern Cal or East Coast festival that is also in late September/early October? I suppose a unique amphitheater could be in the cards too.

Just noticed that Sad Night Dynamite is playing on Saturday...

Uh oh.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Ed, Tom, or Chems HQ, please wink emoji twice if we should standby for more U.S. dates

Quote from: Bosco on May 19, 2022, 05:31

Ed, Tom, or Chems HQ, please wink emoji twice if we should standby for more U.S. dates

New York! New York! New York! New York! New York! New York! New York! New York! New York! New York! New York! New York! New York! New York!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Well there is the Primavera Sound Los Angeles festival on Sept 16-18, and there still adding acts to the lineup. I'm kind of still hoping Chems can be added.

More tour US dates please.

Has anyone asked Errol? Worth a shot!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

And we're off. Tickets purchased.

One thing--Fuck AXS multiple service charges per ticket. Seriously, per ticket? Should be per order.

What's with the additional service charge on an additional ticket when it's the same transaction?