And It Feels Like I'm Dreaming

Requests, Bug Reports, How-To's, etc.

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 03, 2015, 16:06

Previous topic - Next topic
I think the forum time is out of control. usualy i have an offset of 2 hours, now i have to set it to 5 hours.
no idea, no idea

Fixed. This was caused by today's datacenter fault.
Hi Kevin!

I've just noticed that the img-tag resizes pics to the width of the forum posts. This makes sense for pics that would be larger, but it also stretches pics which are smaller.

Yeah. It's on the list.

I am going to be spending a weekend revamping the interfaces of posts, and I'll tackle that problem when I do.
Never for money, always for love.

When there's events we go on.  Like the radio show last week.

Maybe can have a Friday chat time, or something..

I only noticed the chat link at the top of the site a few days ago, and I was kinda curious until I entered and disovered it was completely empty. I don't think it's a problem if it isn't used very often, but I think there needs to be some kind of schedule or notice of when it is and isn't in use, so it's not just up to people to check it randomly every now and then. I don't know how easy this would be to impliment, but something as simple as a counter next to the link at the top of the site that displays how many people are currently in chat would make a fair difference, I think.
The devil is in the details

Quote from: Bendy1001 on Aug 23, 2015, 15:01

I only noticed the chat link at the top of the site a few days ago, and I was kinda curious until I entered and disovered it was completely empty. I don't think it's a problem if it isn't used very often, but I think there needs to be some kind of schedule or notice of when it is and isn't in use, so it's not just up to people to check it randomly every now and then. I don't know how easy this would be to impliment, but something as simple as a counter next to the link at the top of the site that displays how many people are currently in chat would make a fair difference, I think.
cool idea

Can anyone help ? I can't seem to upload a picture or video clip on here , every time i try to copy an an image to a posting , it wont let me paste , and the attachment option isn't attaching anything either , because when i preview there's no image there ?? Am i missing out something really obvious here , I'm not that bad with tech but i can't see where I'm going wrong here , any help appreciated , thanks in advance . . .
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Not heard of anything like this before.

What browser are you using? And do you have any add-ons or plug-ins that could be stopping scripts? Adblock for example?
I'm running Adblock on Chrome and things are fine but it could be worth trying to disable your add-ons and seeing if anything works.

ALSO. There's a 'Requests, Bug Reports, How-To's, etc.' topic in the Questions section which is where this kinda stuff should go. Just for future reference. We're more likely to see it there and get it sorted with other issues people might be having.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Fine Time on Sep 06, 2015, 19:30

Can anyone help ? I can't seem to upload a picture or video clip on here , every time i try to copy an an image to a posting , it wont let me paste , and the attachment option isn't attaching anything either , because when i preview there's no image there ?? Am i missing out something really obvious here , I'm not that bad with tech but i can't see where I'm going wrong here , any help appreciated , thanks in advance . . .
Below the attachment box there's a tiny reminder
Allowed file types: doc, gif, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip
Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 10240KB, maximum individual size 1024KB

Your pics' size should not be larger than 1 MB and are limited to 4 attachments in total. Maybe that's the reason for it not working for you?
Videos are not enabled in the attachment section. May be Explud could chime in if I'm mistaken on the vids part.

Edit: You can only attach files coming from your own machine. No links.
Last Edit: Sep 06, 2015, 21:32 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I am doing a presentation about the chemical brothers, I need a few questions to be answered. Is there anyone that can help me by answering my questions?

Thanks.
Last Edit: Sep 28, 2015, 08:29 by Csar

Quote from: brandon98 on Sep 28, 2015, 08:21

I am doing a presentation about the chemical brothers, I need a few questions to be answered. Is there anyone that can help me by answering my questions?

Thanks.

Hi Brandon and welcome to the boards. It would be helpful if you wrote your questions you have in mind. Folks around here are all happy to help you if possible.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

hello thanks for answering, the questions are;

Why did they start music?

what got them interested?

how did they get together?

Thanks 

Quote from: brandon98 on Sep 28, 2015, 09:09

hello thanks for answering, the questions are;

Why did they start music?

what got them interested?

how did they get together?

Thanks 
Well, your first question can only be answered by themselves, I believe.
For the rest, maybe a couple of interviews could be worth a read:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jun/17/chemical-brothers-classic-interview-1995-muzik-rocks-backpages
http://www.nyrock.com/interviews/chemical_int.htm
http://www.algonet.se/~akeen/chemical/details.htm
— Aurora (The Seed)

can you please write down something as i need to print screen our chat for my primary source, i cannot use website,
thanks

Quote from: brandon98 on Sep 28, 2015, 10:29

can you please write down something as i need to print screen our chat for my primary source, i cannot use website,
thanks
I'm sorry, Brandon, but I don't really understand your concerns. My words as a fan are certainly not more legit than those coming from the Brothers themselves. This is a fans' forum.
Knowing one thing or two about citation, websites are as quotable as any other source, especially articles from newspapers like the Guardian's for instance. In these articles you'll find some good answers to your queries based on the best source you can get: the Chemicals Brothers.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Why do i have 'remove topic' and 'lock topic' buttons at the bottom of some threads? I'm not brave enough to push one of those to test what happens

no idea, no idea

Is that screenshot from 'funny shit'?

You have the ability to lock or remove topics that you've started, all users do.
Last Edit: Feb 29, 2016, 04:20 by WhiteNoise

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Feb 29, 2016, 03:48

Is that screenshot from 'funny shit'?

You have the ability to lock or remove topics that you've started, all users do.
Bad idea.
Hi Kevin!