Superstar DJs, Here We Go!

2022/12/16 Printworks DJ Set

Started by gfa2001, Sep 27, 2022, 11:23

Previous topic - Next topic
@Wolkenkrabber Looking at your Pager was played by Erol :)
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: gavin35 on Dec 20, 2022, 22:08

That second video is a previously unheard part from the Warp Track and I gotta say WOW!
Based on the vocal sample I suggest we start to call it "Yodelhoo" or something like that

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 21, 2022, 16:41
That second video is a previously unheard part from the Warp Track and I gotta say WOW!
Based on the vocal sample I suggest we start to call it "Yodelhoo" or something like that

the bit in that clip is a serious banger. very much looking forward to chemical10...
Eight or over.

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 21, 2022, 16:41

there's more in this IG post on slide 5!!!! it sounds beautiful already omg

And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

That track was one of the highlights of the night for me, it was almost French House sounding, just a looped, filtered vocal. It was amazing. It kind of reminded me of Air Race by Jose Nunez except way more intricate, rather than just the bassline, vocal and drums there was all sorts of filter sweeps, phasing etc. Skip to around 3 minutes on the below for what I mean
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023

@gavin35 Thanks for the YT clips. Your 2nd clip from your forum post #19, and your 7th (final) clip from your post #21 are below. Can you put these clips into context? Do you remember what they were part of?

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: hstn on Dec 21, 2022, 23:38
there's more in this IG post on slide 5!!!! it sounds beautiful already omg

Dammnit this is a monster track.
There's a vocal sample at the the beginning of the clip, can anybody make out the words?

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 22, 2022, 13:58
@gavin35 Thanks for the YT clips. Your 2nd clip from your forum post #19, and your 7th (final) clip from your post #21 are below. Can you put these clips into context? Do you remember what they were part of?

Sorry no, I just occasionally took out the phone to record particularly good tracks

Yoooo the drums on the second clip sound a bit like Papal Disco????
Then again this drum kit was reappropriated for GTKO, but this sounds a lot more closer to the drums in the unreleased song
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 22, 2022, 14:16
Dammnit this is a monster track.
There's a vocal sample at the the beginning of the clip, can anybody make out the words?

Here's a video I took at the printworks, the vocal is right at the end
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Dec 24, 2022, 14:53

Here's a video I took at the printworks, the vocal is right at the end
@0:55  'since you came'

That's all I got out of it! Can't make out the rest.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Second one is that all of a sudden its like track isn't it? I've got it below.

Few short clips from me here - i've also added two new clips to the fabric 2021 thread that i found, shows NRTL being played for the very first time you can see Tom gauging the reaction! :)

Lack of acid -

HBHG KiNK -

Star Guitar -

Drums? -

Dreaming 1 -

Dreaming 2 Acid -

Dreaming 3 Lyrics - https://youtube.com/shorts/ZA7fndA5YQQ?feature=share
All of a sudden its like? -

2 minute Big Beat Space Gospel audio file attached as well, enjoy!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Dec 24, 2022, 17:16

Few short clips from me here - i've also added two new clips to the fabric 2021 thread that i found, shows NRTL being played for the very first time you can see Tom gauging the reaction! :)

Lack of acid -

HBHG KiNK -

Star Guitar -

Drums? -

Dreaming 1 -

Dreaming 2 Acid -

Dreaming 3 Lyrics - https://youtube.com/shorts/ZA7fndA5YQQ?feature=share
All of a sudden its like? -

2 minute Big Beat Space Gospel audio file attached as well, enjoy!
OH GOD, WHY AM I FINDING IT JUST NOW? ;-; 

BBSG IS SO GOOD
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

The Let Forever Be sample thread prompted me to look at Chemical discussion on Reddit, and of course exclaim "BUT WHY AREN'T THEY DOING THAT HERE ON THE OFFICIAL-ish FORUM?!"

Anyway, I see somebody called Mr Viper posted an Insta post for Printworks '22 on Reddit that we missed here on the forum, perhaps because no hashtags were used in the Insta post.

Here's his Reddit thread

I suspect Mr Viper is a forum member here, as he uses unofficial track titles we came up with here like, "Warped Pop", "BB Space Gospel" and "Rock witchu".
I hope Mr Viper is reading this because I'm not on Reddit and I have an answer for the track he calls "Pretty Breakdown"; Slide 6 of the above Insta post.

The bad news, Mr Viper is that this tune won't be on the new album.
The good news is that you can listen to the whole thing in its full 14+ minute glory right now. As it is Smokebelch II (David Holmes Mix) by Sabres of Paradise (RIP Weatherall) from 1993. And yes it is very pretty. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Slide 7 has a short loud clip of BBSG, in case anyone's interested.
But Slide 1 is proving elusive for me. I can't wrap my ears around what I'm hearing. Anyone else?

Mr Viper also says: "ID (I'm calling it "Techno Elektrobank" because of the vocals)"
Not Chemical I'm afraid. The track is Acid Resiistance by Taiko with a spoken vocal mixed on top. Good track though!

At the bottom of Mr Vipers post he has "IDs (no idea what these are) "
On his linked instagram post where he refers to slide 5. Not Chemical I'm afraid. That's Tom & Ed Overmono with "So You know".

And that's all I've got for now.

EDIT. That Reddit post also refers to a YouTube video of Printworks. There are actually three videos from the same uploader. The second one, "part 2" has a big ole clip of All Of A Sudden around 9:47.

Last Edit: Apr 02, 2023, 15:49 by Wolkenkrabber Reason: YT videos added
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 02, 2023, 14:01
But Slide 1 is proving elusive for me. I can't wrap my ears around what I'm hearing. Anyone else?
It's Red Axes - Sound Test. It was Erol's opening track for his set
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: gfa2001 on Dec 24, 2022, 17:16

I don't think it is, unless it's an unreleased remix, or early version/weird DJ edit of the track.

I reckon both of the above clips remain unidentified by us here on the forum.
IT'S MORNING TIME!