Who's Hungry?

Coachella 2023

Started by Bosco, Jan 10, 2023, 20:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Rejoice!!!

It's even better than thought, too!!!!
Last Edit: Jan 14, 2023, 08:07 by Csar

Coachella would like to apologise to Bosco for leaving the item stuck in drafts.

https://twitter.com/coachella/status/1612903085625741312
IT'S MORNING TIME!

HOLY SHIT! OUT OF NOWHERE!
BEHOLD THEY'RE COMING BACK!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Ed's annual Coachella joke gonna hit different this year :D

Welcome back boys! Excited for you guys, whether I'm part of the madness or not!

I'm very excited that they're playing Coachella again.

This may likely be the first time they play where I don't see them.

There is one circumstance where I attend. And it involves the magic words: "successful resolution of litigation."

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 10, 2023, 21:10
Excited for you guys, whether I'm part of the madness or not!
Quote from: MadPooter on Jan 10, 2023, 21:22
This may likely be the first time they play where I don't see them.

Hopeful to see you guys again!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jan 10, 2023, 21:36

Hopeful to see you guys again!

Haha, basically what I will be saying to myself after looking at my pathetic bank account and the little that remains once paying off my Christmas bills.

The takeaway I'm getting from this lineup drop, other than the fact that The Chems are coming back to fucking Coachella(!), Underworld is in the States,  at the same festival, at the same time. Are we foreseeing a potential dual tour in April,  on empty week days days between Coachella, for  East Coast and Midwest, perhaps??
Last Edit: Jan 10, 2023, 22:07 by Bosco

my hopes are already up.

I mean. they didn't in 2011. but then again there wasn't two weekends back then.

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 10, 2023, 21:52
Underworld is in the States,  at the same festival, at the same time. Are we foreseeing a potential dual tour in April,  on empty week days days between Coachella, for  East Coast and Midwest, perhaps??
I guess you have to 'duel' up to get shows in the east these days. You guys are long overdue. 

The bros and Underworld would be great booking if they were doing non-festival shows.. 

I'm excited to see them on the lineup. I hope this helps expose them to a new generation of fans. I hope they are included on the webcast, which will give an even wider reach.

I'm tempted to go but at the same time not. the lineup overall is better than expected, particularly on the electronic music front. but that says more about how far my expectations of coachella have sunk than it does about the lineup. I think about how the crowd size has doubled since I was last there, and... yeah. maybe if I lived in driving distance and scored a cheap last minute ticket. (also I anticipate a gut-wrenching conflict between Gorillaz and the Chems...)

still, wonderful for those who do plan to attend.

Being a SoCal native I go to Coachella every year. It's been so disappointing seeing the years go by and not having the the brothers on the lineup. I'm so stoked to have them back. I hope they are able to keep their momentum going from Portola here in the states so we can start seeing them more frequently!

What a lineup! Having Underworld and 2manydjs on there as well with Despacio all weekend.

Quote from: shakermaker on Jan 10, 2023, 22:50
my hopes are already up.

I mean. they didn't in 2011. but then again there wasn't two weekends back then.

I like the possibility of something else than the Coachella shows, and yes my feelings are 100% based on the fact that they'll be here for two weekends with down time that could be filled. 

I mean it's obviously not that easy... They still need to have a certain venue that can put on their show without unreasonable limitations, one that would work with their budget, one that has availability, and one where it doesn't result in giving tickets away for free.

Willing to listen to any building weekend 2 scenarios that could be in the making. Not saying I can make it. But this is the weekend I probably could make it work, if I did go. 

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 11, 2023, 07:30
I like the possibility of something else than the Coachella shows, and yes my feelings are 100% based on the fact that they'll be here for two weekends with down time that could be filled.

So I did read this right!? All artist will be playing two dates? Has this happened before?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 11, 2023, 09:22
So I did read this right!? All artist will be playing two dates? Has this happened before?
Correct. They started doing this in 2012. Ed has been poking fun at this for many years now.

RE a dual us tour / any significant amount of US dates I don't imagine there will be anything until the album is out to drum up maximum demand.

Coachella have the strictest radius clauses out there, them being a major name at coachella almost guarantees they cannot do anything else on the west coast like sideshows. Also good (bad) chance they cannot do any festivals in the US full stop this summer.

Portola was definitely the testing grounds for a chems return to coachella i think, given both are AEG owned
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Ohhhh boy, hahaha time to drag my husband out to the desert for Tom and Ed again? He's gonna *kill* me, hahaha   :D

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 11, 2023, 09:25
Correct. They started doing this in 2012. Ed has been poking fun at this for many years now.
curious to hear more about this.

Quote from: gfa2001 on Jan 11, 2023, 12:59
Coachella have the strictest radius clauses out there, them being a major name at coachella almost guarantees they cannot do anything else on the west coast like sideshows. Also good (bad) chance they cannot do any festivals in the US full stop this summer.
strict but not wide. historically bands do organize west coast tours around Coachella. San Francisco is a particularly common place for them to play between Coachella weekends, as is Vegas. even cities as close as Santa Barbara and San Diego appear to be outside of the radius.

and even then, once the festival sells out Goldenvoice makes exceptions and books some of the Coachella acts at other Goldenvoice venues in the LA area.