My Heart and Soul, They Are Free

2023/04/18 - Live at WAMU Theatre in Seattle 

Started by rynostar, Feb 14, 2023, 19:01

Previous topic - Next topic
I have a cousin that manage to put an end to his life in the same way, but you got me to laugh. If I didn't have a pretty sick sense of humor, I would say that was pretty dark.

Breaks my heart to read this, Bosco.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 24, 2023, 19:43
So if anyone from the Chems merch/touring team is paying attention to the forum, please consider a limited print to honor the show in Seattle like you did with San Francisco/Portola. There's a couple iconic landmarks that could be photoshopped with a character, whether it's the majestic Mt. Rainier or The Space Needle, please consider it.
Considering it is the "Emerald City", I kind of hope a print is done with the Green Globule and the Space Needle.

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: Csar on Feb 24, 2023, 21:56
Breaks my heart to read this, Bosco.
I appreciate it Csar. It absolutely hurts when you're confronted by the reality of it.
And let's leave it at that. I'm not offended or anything.

Back to celebrating Chems in Seattle!  (and Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs)

Quote from: Csar on Feb 24, 2023, 21:40
More like tasteless.
Guilty as charged. I put a couple of topics into my free-association machine (brain), remove the filter, and that's the kind of stuff that comes out. I used to listen to The Smiths a lot as a teenager...

But then I cheered up and listened to this wholesome guy!

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 24, 2023, 21:49
I have a cousin that manage to put an end to his life in the same way, but you got me to laugh. If I didn't have a pretty sick sense of humor, I would say that was pretty dark.

Sorry to hear that. I had an uncle who manged to (deliberately) use his own car to achieve the same result.

Perhaps I've had enough JD & Coke for the evening...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

lol, I would not have half as many posts if it weren't for me drinking while posting or posting drunk.

Honestly, we are all just getting antsy for announcements. The feeling is in the air, it just wont materialize. Every "New Music Friday" passes with nothing from Chems, I find another grey hair on my head.

Just looking back at my last 10+ posts, I'm trying to fluff this forum for more conversation and it's not exactly high quality.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Feb 17, 2023, 20:40
Got any hot recommendations? Places with a big CD selection preferred!
The one I wanted to recommend....closed in 2021, Everyday Music. Found Air's Moon Safari there for $15 back in 2017.
Considering going to Sonic Boom (https://www.sonicboomrecords.com/) and Spin Cycle (https://www.seattlespincycle.co/).

@Enjoyed, You mentioned Dick's in the "Live 2023" thread and since then I keep thinking of this Presidents track.

Now I kind of want fist size Ice Cream Cone at Dick's.

I didn't realize The Presidents of The United States of America was based out of Seattle. I always thought they were just another college band out of Georgia because of "Peaches". That, and the lead singer reminded me of Michael Stipe.

Quote from: rynostar on Mar 02, 2023, 21:33
The one I wanted to recommend....closed in 2021, Everyday Music. Found Air's Moon Safari there for $15 back in 2017.
Considering going to Sonic Boom (https://www.sonicboomrecords.com/) and Spin Cycle (https://www.seattlespincycle.co/).
Fun fact, I live corner to corner with the penultimate location of Everyday Music, which sadly closed down for good last year. I could never make my mind up about whether I liked EM or found it annoyingly difficult to shop at. Definitely managed to find some gems during the closing down sale though!

Sonic Boom looks super interesting. Spin Cycle seems more vinyl based? But may have to check those two out as well. Thanks!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Making the trek from MN. I need more Chems in my veins. Portola wasn't enough. Felt very inspired over the weekend after listening / watching the Colombia gig. 

Quote from: mesamm99 on Apr 03, 2023, 23:57
Making the trek from MN. I need more Chems in my veins. Portola wasn't enough. Felt very inspired over the weekend after listening / watching the Colombia gig.
Another one rides the bus! Hopefully we can connect this time mesamm99.

It's only two weeks away. I had a moment of random giddiness yesterday at work thinking about it.

https://www.gantryseattle.com/

That looks like an acceptable meeting spot pre-show for drinks/food.

Quote from: MadPooter on Apr 04, 2023, 19:52
https://www.gantryseattle.com/

That looks like an acceptable meeting spot pre-show for drinks/food.
Possibly.

We will have to be mindful that the Mariner (MLB) game starts around the corner at 6:40. There is also the 'Wild Card' that if the Kraken (NHL) make the playoffs for the first time in their history, their first game would be that night or the night before. If they do make it and play that night, it might be difficult to get seats at any place that has a tv. Mind you, that's going to make the vibe electric in the area. 

As someone who experienced the ups and downs of the Chicago Blackhawks dynasty for the better part of the last decade, the NHL playoff crowd can get chaotic. It's not for every one, but a fun one to be a part of if you're into sports.

I hope they play the same night, if only to leave our options open for post-concert drinks. Otherwise, I can't imagine Seattle bars staying open too late on a Tuesday.

We (my wife and I) are open to just about anything for pre show meet up for drinks and food, but maybe not somewhere super sports-focused? Recognizing that might be tough if we want somewhere within walking distance to the venue of course although we're typically up for a bit if a trek if necessary too.

Should we do a final count for forum folks that are into something before and make a reservation?

Muse is also playing the same night at the Climate Pledge Arena. It's a few miles away (north), but something worth mentioning for finding a place to eat before the show.

Quote from: mesamm99 on Apr 05, 2023, 18:07
Muse is also playing the same night at the Climate Pledge Arena. It's a few miles away (north), but something worth mentioning for finding a place to eat before the show.
Ah! That means if the Kraken make the playoffs, they would be potentially playing a road game that night. Might make it easier to find a place to eat as there might not be as many fans out.

I remember seeing a few other places to eat / drink around Occidental Square just a few blocks north of WAMU. Here is a list of establishments in the area. One I want to go but am disapointed is closed on Tuesdays is The Pharmacy.

Edit: Ha! There's a mini-golf Pub close to the venue! Flatstick

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 05, 2023, 19:12
I remember seeing a few other places to eat / drink around Occidental Square just a few blocks north of WAMU. Here is a list of establishments in the area. One I want to go but am disapointed is closed on Tuesdays is The Pharmacy.
A couple of those looks pretty decent. I especially like the look of the burger from Bad Bishop.

I think it would be good to get an idea of a final headcount as a lot of the places on that list seemed to have relatively limited seating.

We'll be 4 total in the Enjoyed party.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Good news is we're still on.

Im not bringing the sign this year but if you're up to finding us again, me and stepdad will be standing by the stage rails again.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."