The Brothers Gonna Work It Out

2023/03/23-26 - Festival Estéreo Picnic, Colombia

Started by nekoland, Oct 11, 2022, 14:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Seems like the setlist is very similar, if not exactly the same as before.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 26, 2023, 14:21
From the snippets the Brothers postet on Instagram, i can hear they've played Dig Your Own Hole in what i think sounds like a re-edited version. And they've used parts of the No Reason visuals for HBHG which looks superdopefantastic2000³.

I am going to start using superdopefantastic2000³ to describe only the most awe-inspiring of events. Precision.

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 26, 2023, 15:56
Seems like the setlist is very similar, if not exactly the same as before.
From all the videos I could gather on IG and Twitter def looks like they played the 2022 setlist last night, not complaining at all because last year's show was fantastic

I imagine whatever new stuff they may have rehearsed will be saved for debut at Coachella
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Mar 26, 2023, 21:38
From all the videos I could gather on IG and Twitter def looks like they played the 2022 setlist last night, not complaining at all because last year's show was fantastic

I imagine whatever new stuff they may have rehearsed will be saved for debut at Coachella
On the contrary, I think since Coachella is being broadcasted, they won't show anything new and they're saving new stuff for later this year, probably for the UK arena tour

Hey I'm back! It was an amazing gig, I think that having been an open-air show made it more exciting than the last time they came (indoors for Sónar Bogotá 2015). I've been waiting since the set up of the stage by the I Smashed It! team, it's astonishing to see all the things that are assembled. The playlist that was playing at that moment condensed the Chemical style of the 90s, it was a perfect selection to warm up the atmosphere with electro and breakbeats. At some point Scale and Seal came on, which I think is typical of the playlist. Scale holds a very important space in my heart and it was exciting to listen to it right at that moment <3 

As you saw in the snippets, the setlist was the same as the last shows from last year. The top moments of the night were MAH, Dreaming, Under the Influence, Got To Keep On, Escape Velocity (my favorite song! I even cried with the intro and the No Geography sample, also: balloons), Hoops/Free Yourself and Temptation/Star Guitar. 

Of the new songs: I really enjoyed Dreaming, it's a great song to hear live and matches perfectly with the I'll See You There visuals. No Reason is also a great live experience, although I personally found the intro to be very long 

I sincerely thought that the crowd was not going to be so at the level of the show, but people were really really excited, the atmosphere on stage was magical. From their live reaction and what they have posted, Tom and Ed were very happy! Especially Ed who assured that they would return to Colombia and gave some hints that a tour of South and Central America seems to be in the works. Many people who attended the festival have considered that the Chemical Brothers show has been the best in the history of the festival and of course I agree with that haha. On Instagram you can see the great reception they had here, it really was incredible  ;D

Eager to see what's next this year! 

I think the 2023 festival shows will be the same as the 2022 ones set list wise, it works, has new tracks and new visuals. Maybe some tweaking as the year goes on. The arena shows should be a different set list I think, also it will be 120 minutes so will have the encore, likely got glint? as those visuals are amazing and show up in the promo vid for the arena shows. 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Thank you so much for reporting back to us and sharing the wonderful time you had, outechre! Love reading your highlights and love to see how warmly the Chems were received in Colombia!  :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

That recording is phenomenal in both audio and video. Is there a full version out there?

I like a lot of transistions in there.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 03, 2023, 22:02
What's the vocal from 23:09 to about 23:20?
Ha! That's Asleep From Day. Very unexpected.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly