Me, You, And Me, Him And Her, And Them Too

2023/04/18 - Live at WAMU Theatre in Seattle 

Started by rynostar, Feb 14, 2023, 19:01

Previous topic - Next topic

We have arrived. Keep an eye out for a young hippie and a middle aged guy in a blue longsleeve and stewart copeland Tshirt, we are standing by the stage

Quote from: shakermaker on Apr 19, 2023, 01:14
have a blast, everyone!
Thanks shaker
Last Edit: Apr 19, 2023, 02:12 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

We're here to the left currently. About half way to the stage. Six of us in a group. Enjoyed is in George and moldered robot shirt. I am wearing a cwu shirt.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Ill be at work, but can't wait to hear what happened when you get back! 

Oh and try to get a group pic if you can.

Have fun and escape together! 

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Glad we got to meet up. Sorry it was brief, because of security being tight, unlike last time. Would've loved to tag along after and introduce my step dad (nickname coming soon) to yall individually, that and help refresh my memory who's who. If only we had the time.

There was someone else I wanted to introduce, too, but he bolted right after the show. A shame because he loves the albums, but it was his 2nd event (after Denver) and seemed really curious about the chembase. Matter of fact lots of friendly peers we got to talk to, before Overmono came on.

Was a struggle to get Tom and Ed's attention, this time, but I think I caught Tom's at the end? 

Spoiler
The ending was a blur; but I TOTALLY loved it, especially finally experiencing Surface to Air/Snow first hand. God what a song, plus that orchestra outro.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Connor thank you for being so quick to repot back! Glad you had an awesome time there with your step dad! I hope he had the best time!  :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

What an unbelievable show. Every moment and around every corner of the set I was pleasantly amazed by the intricacies that go into each track. The sound was top notch and made me remember the differences that goes into an indoor set versus outdoor. 

The crowd was just lovely. Everyone was dancing, smiling and all the feels filled everyone with jubilation... including this fan. 

Missed out on all the pregame action as I had friends that live there who were all going to Muse. Met up with them before the show and hung out much longer than I thought. 

Right after the show my buddy took me to the airport to see if I could catch an earlier flight. Worked out and I'm already back home in MN. 

I'm just in awe of the chems. Their sound never gets old. Their craft is always being rewritten in a way that always takes me back to that first live experience. 

Outside of an amazing show, I need to give a shout out to the dude in front of me who turned around and asked if he could give me a hug. I felt what he felt and I happy obliged. Lots of good feelings to fall asleep to dreaming of what's still to come for this amazing band. 

Quote from: mesamm99 on Apr 19, 2023, 11:12
I'm just in awe of the chems. Their sound never gets old. Their craft is always being rewritten in a way that always takes me back to that first live experience.

yes! So much yes with this statement! Thank you for sharing your experience. 🙏🏻

Quote from: Enjoyed on Apr 19, 2023, 03:17

Well well well its team chemical with Mr Pearly Whites! I can smell the excitement on my screen!
Ohhh I see Enjoyeds shirt. Why can't they put out shirts like that in the merch booth? Ryno looks like he's waiting too long for his appetizer!  Did they have jerk chicken?

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Apr 19, 2023, 07:34
Glad we got to meet up. Sorry it was brief, because of security being tight, unlike last time. Would've loved to tag along after and introduce my step dad (nickname coming soon) to yall individually, that and help refresh my memory who's who. If only we had the time.

There was someone else I wanted to introduce, too, but he bolted right after the show. A shame because he loves the albums, but it was his 2nd event (after Denver) and seemed really curious about the chembase. Matter of fact lots of friendly peers we got to talk to, before Overmono came on.

Was a struggle to get Tom and Ed's attention, this time, but I think I caught Tom's at the end?

Spoiler
The ending was a blur; but I TOTALLY loved it, especially finally experiencing Surface to Air/Snow first hand. God what a song, plus that orchestra outro.

Congrats on the 2nd show Conn6or! Happy that you got to experience STA /Snow and going all out to meet up with the peeps of chemical prestige!

What song was played with the walking animals visuals? Doesn't sound familiar to me. Or was it just a very long transition? You can see/hear it on one of the Chems Insta Story slides

Edit: ok, it's a transition into MAH, but it still sounds new to me

Maybe this direct-link works? => CLICK

no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 19, 2023, 19:16
What song was played with the walking animals visuals? Doesn't sound familiar to me. Or was it just a very long transition? You can see/hear it on one of the Chems Insta Story slides
MAH with longer transitions. Will explain more later with review when on train later tonight.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Apr 19, 2023, 19:20
MAH with longer transitions. Will explain more later with review when on train later tonight.
I look forward to reading! 

The clips I've seen floating around are astonishing. So so happy you all got that glorious encore! 

I feel privileged and particularly lucky to be connected with some of the most fabulous people on Earth.

It was great meeting new forum people, and the show was extraordinary.

A heartfelt thanks to the Brothers and their crew.

And Errol if you read this, do send that group pic you took if you get a chance.  8)

semi full concert from multiple angles, all far away but still in good view. No matter where, it looks so beautiful.

Can anybody find themselves? You can see my hands multiple times, especially my 'flippers' dance, as stepdad calls it, under Mildred's foot 40:56-41:09

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Apr 20, 2023, 23:55
especially my 'flippers' dance

Does it look like a salmon floating upstream?
no idea, no idea

:o OMG
That extended and reworked Snow Surface version is out of this world! All these different details and things going on on top of it, new melody at the end plus full-on intro-outro synth-orchestra treat.

Thank you, you good Samaritan whoever you are, for recording this!!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Oh yeah, i love that synth too!
This ending is sound so fucking cool!

And it's fucking awesome that one of them (or both) feels like sometimes someone is touched by these sounds deep into the heart or soul.
Hi Kevin!

Oh my gawwwwww @Conn6orsuper117 that video! It gives me goosebumps seeing it, seeing the people... and that soaring Snowy Surface Reel encore with those majestic sweeping sounds. Let your heart see the colors... 😭 then the Reel 😭😭