You Are All My Children Now

Interviews & Articles

Started by Enjoyed, Jul 07, 2015, 17:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: nekoland on Apr 22, 2023, 18:19

Heh, the huff and the look on Tom's face when the 91% thingie was quoted. 🙈

Nice little interview. Long live Tufty.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

The interviewer not exactly simpatico ::) . I honestly don't understand why these media outlets even bother sometimes. 

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 22, 2023, 19:18
The interviewer not exactly simpatico ::) . I honestly don't understand why these media outlets even bother sometimes.

Tom shall not be bamboozled!

I get the feeling Tom drew the short straw here and Ed's enjoying life at some gig.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 22, 2023, 22:39
I get the feeling Tom drew the short straw here and Ed's enjoying life at some gig.
:D

Mini-scoop at 5:07 on Glastonbury: We might be going this year, we're not playing live this year.
In other words, they might have another go at that cancelled DJ set on the Arcadia Spider thingy.

You heard it here first.

The interviewer wasn't that bad, I think he just wanted to have an engaging interview instead of a sycophantic love-in.

Quote from: gfa2001 on Apr 16, 2023, 19:17
Interesting clip at the end. Got anymore on it / anyone know if its online somewhere. quite like it but cannot quite figure out what song it is haha
Hmm, the track from 4:51 in that Glasto '97 footage? Trance & Roll perhaps?*
Also what's that clip at 3:20 with Dan Ackroyd? And why is it on a Glastonbury video tape?

* or maybe not:
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It's just Setting Sun live from 1997, folks!
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 23, 2023, 23:44
The interviewer wasn't that bad, I think he just wanted to have an engaging interview instead of a sycophantic love-in.

Yes, I can appreciate that. At least he tried to ask not too cliche questions. The style though felt a bit "chummy" like and he didn't quite get Tom's vibe. But I've seen worse interviews for sure.

Quote from: gfa2001 on Apr 16, 2023, 19:17
Interesting clip at the end. Got anymore on it / anyone know if its online somewhere. quite like it but cannot quite figure out what song it is haha
Quote from: Explud on Apr 24, 2023, 08:21
It's just Setting Sun live from 1997, folks!
Yes, it's the segue from Dig Your Own Hole to Setting Sun from their 97 Glasto set.
Last Edit: Apr 24, 2023, 20:32 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 23, 2023, 23:44
Mini-scoop at 5:07 on Glastonbury: We might be going this year, we're not playing live this year.
In other words, they might have another go at that cancelled DJ set on the Arcadia Spider thingy.

You heard it here first.
Nice spot. Thank you :)

EDIT:
Just spoke to some glasto mates, not too sure. Arcadia is already very full from stuff we've heard rumours of - think they are just going as punters maybe. will not complain otherwise of course! They did say no more dj sets for a while in december as well
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/apr/30/five-hottest-music-festival-acts-2023-chemical-brothers-young-fathers-yard-act-biig-piig-yeule

Not too exciting of an article. Think glasto is on as well on second thoughts, too specific not to be a hint.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: gfa2001 on Apr 30, 2023, 19:52
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2023/apr/30/five-hottest-music-festival-acts-2023-chemical-brothers-young-fathers-yard-act-biig-piig-yeule

Not too exciting of an article. Think glasto is on as well on second thoughts, too specific not to be a hint.
Mmm I posted this in Chemical Spotting earlier. The article names events they are playing at the top but I can't see which bit is specific about this years' Glastonbury. However I'm happy to stick with the idea that they might do a DJ set (after Tom's "We're not playing live" comment).
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I've no idea if this 1997 interview has been on here before , but it's new to me , there's some great clips of early live shows , and halfway through , what looks to be like an alternative (maybe never used) video for Elektrobank . . (correction , i think it's just video effects from the MTV peeps :)

" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Quote from: Fine Time on May 06, 2023, 20:07
I've no idea if this 1997 interview has been on here before , but it's new to me , there's some great clips of early live shows , and halfway through , what looks to be like an alternative (maybe never used) video for Elektrobank . . (correction , i think it's just video effects from the MTV peeps :)

Yeah, it has it's own topic in the Social section

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,3261.msg31798.html
no idea, no idea