When You Start Hating, You're Out of Control

Chemicals to World (Under Social Lights)

Started by Csar, Jul 02, 2015, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

^ Here's the same post without having to jump to FB.
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1649869927011213312

I think Ed posted the male sign language guy on his twitter but it looks like he may have deleted that now.

We had sign language people at Wide Awake festival last May. But only on the main stage.

I remember the sign language woman during Caribou seemed to be having a great time, and she didn't have that much to do (Sun, sun, sun, sun...) so she mostly just stood on the left of the stage, dancing.
During Fat White Family I remember a friend turning to me and saying: How many deaf people buy tickets to a music festival? I...couldn't answer that one.
I'm trying to remember how they signed "we wanna get Loaded" during Primal Scream's set. It could come in useful at some point.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 23, 2023, 12:33
I remember the sign language woman during Caribou seemed to be having a great time, and she didn't have that much to do (Sun, sun, sun, sun...) so she mostly just stood on the left of the stage, dancing.
During Fat White Family I remember a friend turning to me and saying: How many deaf people buy tickets to a music festival? I...couldn't answer that one.
I'm trying to remember how they signed "we wanna get Loaded" during Primal Scream's set. It could come in useful at some point.

:)) 

Visualizing this is too funny. And then I'm reminded how horrible it must be to be deaf...

one year a friend of mine (who is not hard of hearing, but does understand ASL) was in the ADA area for Jay Z at Coachella and after she mentioned she noticed that the ASL was at times different from what was actually being said on stage. I thought this was quite insightful, the interpreters probably have the set list & lyrics ahead of time. which makes a lot of sense as interpreting live would probably be a whole other level of expert.

Oh god.    (Yes this might be ungenerous of me; we'll see!)

https://twitter.com/ewanmcvicar_/status/1652239809782468609

Retweeted by Ed so must be true.

Ewan McVicar is best known for the track below. I mean it 'samples' Chaka Khan 1 so I don't want to rip into it too much . Chaka made I Feel For You2 and was sampled in Music Sounds Better With You - she's fantastic!
But Pete Tong played this track a lot on his show around 2021/22, and boy did I get tired of it! Kind of a "handbag house" track; too 'pop'/commercial for me. Well, maybe the Chems want a commercial hit?..

1) Not actually Chaka's voice on the track, it's  a cover version of her 1974 track, written by...Stevie Wonder.
2) Ever thought about all the talent on I Feel For You?
Spoiler
Wriiten by Prince, Harmonica by Stevie Wonder, vocal samples by Stevie Wonder, Lead Vocals by Chaka Khan, Rap By Grandmaster Melle Mel of "White Lines"/"The Message" fame

EDIT: The track he's remixing is No Reason. I will admit that I'm curious to see what he'll do with it. I guess if I don't like it, I can ignore it. I wonder if the remix(es) will come with another video?
Last Edit: Apr 30, 2023, 02:10 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Apr 29, 2023, 12:32
Oh god.    (Yes this might be ungenerous of me; we'll see!)

https://twitter.com/ewanmcvicar_/status/1652239809782468609

Retweeted by Ed so must be true.

Ewan McVicar is best known for the track below. I mean it 'samples' Chaka Khan 1 so I don't want to rip into it too much . Chaka made I Feel For You2 and was sampled in Music Sounds Better With You - she's fantastic!
But Pete Tong played this track a lot on his show around 2021/22, and boy did I get tired of it! Kind of a "handbag house" track; too 'pop'/commercial for me. Well, maybe the Chems want a commercial hit?..

1) Not actually Chaka's voice on the track, it's  a cover version of her 1974 track, written by...Stevie Wonder.
2) Ever thought about all the talent on I Feel For You?
Spoiler
Wriiten by Prince, Harmonica by Stevie Wonder, vocal samples by Stevie Wonder, Lead Vocals by Chaka Khan, Rap By Grandmaster Melle Mel of "White Lines"/"The Message" fame

EDIT: The track he's remixing is No Reason. I will admit that I'm curious to see what he'll do with it. I guess if I don't like it, I can ignore it. I wonder if the remix(es) will come with another video?
That song was a big hit in the UK, very commercial but I have seen him live before and he is pretty serious.

He is a great selector and is a big fan of chems I think, vast majority of sets i saw online he has chems songs (+ lots of similar acts like the Prodigy)
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Am I having a daft moment? There's a clip on the Chems Instagram stories at the moment where they've taken a clip of No Reason from someone else's Insta story - Superduperricardo - and it says Umusicmexico (universal music mexico) and shows the marching band guy dancing. But that's not quite regualar No Reason is it?. I tried shazaming it and Shazam says: Dunno!
It's not the live Coachella version either though is it? Which version is this? Am I losing my marbles?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

You're absolutely right, that isn't just No Reason. Unofficial remix? Mixed with something else? Dunno!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 02, 2023, 22:02
Am I having a daft moment? There's a clip on the Chems Instagram stories at the moment where they've taken a clip of No Reason from someone else's Insta story - Superduperricardo - and it says Umusicmexico (universal music mexico) and shows the marching band guy dancing. But that's not quite regualar No Reason is it?. I tried shazaming it and Shazam says: Dunno!
It's not the live Coachella version either though is it? Which version is this? Am I losing my marbles?
It's from the live version but probably was left on the cutting room floor, maybe we'll get an alternate mix of No Reason like we did with Eve Of Dubstruction that also had cut material
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on May 03, 2023, 01:16
It's from the live version but probably was left on the cutting room floor, maybe we'll get an alternate mix of No Reason like we did with Eve Of Dubstruction that also had cut material

If it was left on the cutting room floor, then how come some guy called Superduperricardo put it on his own instagram stories, which then got picked up by the Chems instagram?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 03, 2023, 02:22
If it was left on the cutting room floor, then how come some guy called Superduperricardo put it on his own instagram stories, which then got picked up by the Chems instagram?
Quote from: hstn on May 03, 2023, 01:16
like we did with Eve Of Dubstruction that also had cut material
it was a label promo...uploaded by Universal Music Mexico and superduperricardo posted it to his story, cut visuals from Eve were randomly uploaded to promote the song/album way back on another UMG account (the link of which I can't seem to find)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I think that means new songs in the upcoming shows. "Brand new" wouldn't sound right for songs they've been playing for a year now.

It also would explain why there were new rehearsals.

what! they couldn't have had those ready a month ago?

Beautiful happy news! ❤️❤️❤️

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Momma sporting the Air Jordans, kiddo is gonna be a winner. Book it. ::mbag

Congrats, Uncle Eddie

I now understand the baby garb with the latest merch drop.

Quote from: Bosco on May 27, 2023, 07:45
I now understand the baby garb with the latest merch drop.
Ha, that's a good explanation!

It's probably time to change his social media handle from EddyBoy to EddyDaddy!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Congrats to Ms. Rachel and Mr. Ed!

It makes me wonder if Adam will once again appear on stage, the Chems have a few shows sheduled around the due date.

Quote from: Stefan on May 27, 2023, 08:25
It makes me wonder if Adam will once again appear on stage, the Chems have a few shows sheduled around the due date.
Interesting point. Parental leave is very much a realistic scenario