I'm Dancing In the Shadow of Love

Coachella 2023

Started by Bosco, Jan 10, 2023, 20:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 23, 2023, 20:10
forum member KngtRdr WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AT THE SHOW! I didn't find out til the next day!

There were a lot of vocals thrown out there that were too indescribable to make out but I know I didn't hear them at the SB show. I finally heard that quick snippet of let forever be ( tail end of song) that you gotta be quick to hear it.

I did notice that ed is doing a little bit more time near the left side/ center of the mixer instead of far right or far left. More hands-on for Ed and being closer to Tom is good!

Oh and just the tie dye shirts at Coach! Nothing else!

It's a small world! How cool for both you and KngtRdr got so close to experience it!

I noticed new things that I swore we didn't hear in Santa Barbara, and I was wondering if my ears were playing tricks on me again - glad to know I haven't lost my mind completely! 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I saw this on one of Coachella's Instagram posts and it is 100% accurate.

Please log in to view this attachment.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Apr 25, 2023, 14:29
I saw this on one of Coachella's Instagram posts and it is 100% accurate.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 at 6.13.18 PM.pn

Definitely , also , i like the description of their live performance as a ' mind expanding sensation generator ' , a quote from their recent Coachella posts on instagram.
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Now that everybody is writing in large font sizes, i wanna be part of the gang
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 25, 2023, 15:28
Now that everybody is writing in large font sizes, i wanna be part of the gang
lol you're one of the cool kids now!! But you brought up a point - I'm not sure why it does that! 🤔 maybe a bug? 

@Csar had asked if I wrote the Santa Barbara using the drafts feature and I did not - I wrote the review on my mobile's notepad, then copied and pasted to the forum and font was huge! I didn't intend for the review to be seen from space so went back and edited the font formatting on each paragraph. 

Quote from: whirlygirl on Apr 25, 2023, 17:27
lol you're one of the cool kids now!! But you brought up a point - I'm not sure why it does that! 🤔 maybe a bug?
Because the dudes, wilfully and knowingly, used bigger font sizes.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 25, 2023, 17:44
Because the dudes, wilfully and knowingly, used bigger font sizes.
Obviously Pum intentionally used different font sizes, but when I posted my review initially this site inserted code automatically for larger fonts. If it happened to me maybe it's happening to others. I dunno. I'll shut up now :))  I will report it if it happens again. 

Quote from: whirlygirl on Apr 25, 2023, 18:12
Obviously Pum intentionally used different font sizes, but when I posted my review initially this site inserted code automatically for larger fonts. If it happened to me maybe it's happening to others. I dunno. I'll shut up now :))  I will report it if it happens again.
Interesting. Maybe your copying from your pad to here translated the font size of yours to that of the forum..
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 26, 2023, 19:59
Interesting. Maybe your copying from your pad to here translated the font size of yours to that of the forum..
That very well could be the case! It's a mystery... (now watch, it'll never happen to me again, LOL)

REVIEW!

The best show I've been to in the last 10 years!

That is all!

But before I go here's an email I got from Goldenvoice: A survey of my experience at Coachella!

One of the questions was about parking! Here's my answer! (! INCOMING VENT)

'More parking! More communication with staff in letting us know where to park ( or put a parking guide in your app to give us realtime traffic updates where to park) On Friday ( WK 2) I got to the venue traffic around 530pm! I was told everytime I got close to the day parking area that the parking lot was full! I was told about this 3 different times at 3 different lots and I asked staff where to park and no one had an answer.  I never had this issue before! I was told to park at Riverside? ( This lady with a bullhorn was yelling in it but I could only make out from her voice that Riverside parking was available. I get to that parking lot and then I had to WALK to the venue for an hour and 16 minutes ( no shuttle.. WHY?) I got to the outdoor stage at 930pm ( just in the neck of time to see the Chemical brothers go on at 940-945pm!) Increase parking!'

I was literally freaking out and had a anxiety attack in my freaking car about the parking! I felt so bad because this would be the first time I would miss a Chems show because of parking. Screaming and honking and yelling with frustration on being told where to park and then find out that parking was full.

Never doing this shit again!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on May 16, 2023, 04:36
I get to that parking lot and then I had to WALK to the venue for an hour and 16 minutes ( no shuttle..
Dude, that's insane! I mean, I can imagine there's a high demand for lots, but this bad?!? You'd think Coachella was a fine-tuned machine by now after all these years.

Was it this route by any chance?
googleMaps/coachella-riverside
If I had looked that up on a map, I would have been easily fooled to believe it isn't thaaat far away - but boy, it's a freakin' 1 hour walk.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Well damn, that is absolutely nuts, Inchem. I've experienced some long and problematic parking and exiting at Coachella, but never have been denied a parking spot because all lots have been filled. 

You're a trooper for sticking it out.

Dang, incchem You got there just in time! Parking for the Chems has put you in a pickle lately!! But you stuck it out and got to have the time of your life so hopefully all that crazy anxiety and frustration melted away once the music started!

Parking at Coachella has always been.... Well. A fricken pain in the ass. Always. It was one of the primary reasons my husband flat out refused to go citing he's too old for that shit (yeah, I'm throwing him under the bus for me missing the Chems at Coachella :p ) 

5th Slide. Looks like Beck was standing at the back of the crowd/venue.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

^Yeah I saw this. Beck is pretty much a music junky. Shows up to all sorts of L.A. based shows, takes part in tributes (recently Beach Boys and Willie Nelson's 90th Birthday). If he's affiliated in anyway and available, he seems to show up more times than not.

Anyways, I don't know if his post hints at anything. I hope it does, I could see a day reserved for a live vocal recording session while they were in the desert/L.A.

Someone's uploaded one night of their Coachella performance. Watch it while it's there.
— Aurora (The Seed)