For That Beautiful Feeling

2023/5/20 Mallorca Live Festival [Spain]

Started by Bosco, May 19, 2023, 05:39

Previous topic - Next topic
DIA sounding rougher and tougher. Satuarate on the 2nd slide.

I'm a believer in having BRB towards the end of the set, so am happy to see this. Not sure I expected Saturate back so soon. I thought balloon balls + EV had established themselves for the new show.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Saturate was absolutely destroyed, much heavier, much more synthy. Amazing 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

Weirdly I've gotten used to hearing clips of Leave Home with the Go Bassline in it. I actually wouldn't mind if they did that more, had the same song in a set twice but used in a different way. 

Quote from: nekoland on May 21, 2023, 00:14
Spoiler
:O

edit: its the vocal of Get Yourself High in Do It Again
We need a nickname for this guy (the costume/character, not the actor XD)
Smurf Devil?

Quote from: Csar on May 21, 2023, 08:46
So, now we know the actual title?
I doubt that those are the official titles.
"Till We Meet Again" sounds reasonable, given the vocal sample, "Can We Live Again" not so much, imho.

Also, given that Brian has access to an official setlist, I'm not sure he would leak the titles here like this.
Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 16:19 by Stefan

Thank you chemdup! In love with how bubbly this starts out and how swimmy, swooshy, and dreamy it gets! 

Love the visuals on this too!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I honestly can't get over how good the 2 new tracks are. Swirly dreamy synthy bass heavy masterpieces. 

The new album could be the best yet...hold tight 
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

I'm just gonna say that I absolutely love all confirmed new material ;D

I'm a bit curious if the Jesse Jackson sermon on Big Beat Space Gospel will make it onto the almbum, or if this was a DJ edit. On the other hand, it's not that unusual for live versions to be more "musical" than their album versions. Either way, I'm sure it will be a massive track!

Quote from: Stefan on May 21, 2023, 13:49
We need a nickname for this guy (the costume/character, not the actor XD)
Smurf Devil?
Rigo Repulso
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: whirlygirl on May 21, 2023, 14:55
Thank you chemdup! In love with how bubbly this starts out and how swimmy, swooshy, and dreamy it gets!

Love the visuals on this too!

I thnk I'm hearing "love" rather than "live". Maybe? EDIT: It's "in love again" isn't it?
Am I also hearing some muted trumpet in the early stages?
If @ThePumisher is reading this, I'm really leaning into the idea that this is Ellie Rowsell on vox.
The visuals start out quite promising. And if you want to see more of them, just watch this!
Last Edit: May 21, 2023, 17:55 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 21, 2023, 12:41
DIA sounding rougher and tougher. Satuarate on the 2nd slide.

I'm a believer in having BRB towards the end of the set, so am happy to see this. Not sure I expected Saturate back so soon. I thought balloon balls + EV had established themselves for the new show.

I love both of these new versions

I agree re BRB, its a great closer. Go is a decent opener but i'd like them to use HBHG again honestly - think thats statically after No Reason now tho

I reckon Saturate might be back due to how many unreleased songs they are playing at the moment, probably chose in favour of Saturate instead of a more random song such as Hoops? Not sure - given Escape Velocity has more streams than it for example.
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 21, 2023, 16:36
If @ThePumisher is reading this, I'm really leaning into the idea that this is Ellie Rowsell on vox.

@ThePumisher is reading this and thinks you may have a very solid point. Verse sounds very very Rowsell. But the repeated vocals before ("it'll be"?) sound different, i would say it sounds more like Beth than Ellie.
no idea, no idea

The titles I've given these tracks are purely from hearing the vocals live and in my vids, they are in no way reflective of what they may or may not actually be called...terms and conditions apply

I may however try my luck and ask for some confirmed names at the cork show...but won't share if I'm asked not to! ;) 

Quote from: chemdup on May 21, 2023, 18:35
The titles I've given these tracks are purely from hearing the vocals live and in my vids, they are in no way reflective of what they may or may not actually be called...terms and conditions apply

I may however try my luck and ask for some confirmed names at the cork show...but won't share if I'm asked not to! ;)
While you're at it, if you could kindly pull somebody's ear about the Dreaming song actually being released as "The Dreaming Song". idk if that was meant as a placeholder title in the databases but it's an evocative one.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Champiness on May 21, 2023, 19:22
While you're at it, if you could kindly pull somebody's ear about the Dreaming song actually being released as "The Dreaming Song". idk if that was meant as a placeholder title in the databases but it's an evocative one.
Could it just be "feel like I'm dreaming" from the live set? 

Quote from: chemdup on May 21, 2023, 19:47
Could it just be "feel like I'm dreaming" from the live set?
Yep! But iirc it was logged as "The Dreaming Song" in a few music licensing spots
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Thanks for all of the amazing video posts! Really excited to hear more of the new album.

I wonder if the set will get another overhaul when the album is released? Not that I'm impatient, just know how these things go historically. Then again, this may be different because we're pretty far before the release date, whereas in the past the new album's set might be performed in a month or less before the release.

Also, my ears don't have perfect pitch, but I feel like TDTYF's vocals would go over Dreaming nicely.

Quote from: nekoland on May 21, 2023, 00:14
Spoiler
:O

edit: its the vocal of Get Yourself High in Do It Again
Love that this transition has made a return. Fond memories of Birmingham NIA show in 2007 - absolutely slaps this does! 
"To me you're like a setting sun. You rise then you're gone"

Aside from the rough Go intro and the ending of No Reason cut shorter the transitions here are really awesome
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...