My Heart and Soul, They Are Free

Now Playing

Started by ThePumisher, Jun 28, 2015, 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone remember Stefan ClipsTM from 2021? Of the 5 clips, numbers 1,2 & 3 were all Dreaming, No 5 was Tiga & Audion: Don't Stop. No 4 was unidentified. That's because it was unreleased at the time (December '21). It came out in June '22 on Erol Alkan's Phantasy label. I guess the Chems friendship with Mr Alkan explains why they had the track six months early. And this is it. Wait for the good bit at 1:43.

Gramrcy & John Loveless - Highdive

Quote from: Enjoyed on May 01, 2023, 19:46
If we're OK with what Daft Punk did, I think it's perfectly acceptable for ConMan...

Yeah fair enough. I guess in the case of Daft Punk (and even say, the Chems - GTKO was centred around the chorus of an old disco song), their "source material" was a little more obscure (to me) than Confidence Man's choices.
In the future I look forward to ConMan writing songs over the top of Phat Planet, A Higher State Of Consciousness and Right Here Right Now! :D

Looks like Fine Time has posted since I started this post. I liked As The Rush Comes by Motorcycle, (which was Gabriel & Dresden in disguise). I had fallen out of love with Trance by '04, but that track sucked me back in... at least until I got tired of it from playing it to death.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 06, 2023, 15:59
In the future I look forward to ConMan writing songs over the top of Phat Planet, A Higher State Of Consciousness and Right Here Right Now!  :D

I know you're being facetious, but I would honestly love to hear that! Especially Phat Planet.

Any Finger Lickin' Records fans out there?

They are live streaming their Silver Jubilee night RIGHT NOW!
www.mixcloud.com/live/MonkeyShoulder/

A Skillz is just wrapping up as I speak, and the rest of the night looks like this:

21:00 FLR All Stars (Soul of Man b2b DrumAttic Twins b2b Stereo 8 )
22:00 Slyde
23:00 Plump DJs
00:00 Krafty Kuts
01:00 Lee Coombs
Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 20:37 by Enjoyed
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on May 06, 2023, 15:59
Anyone remember Stefan ClipsTM from 2021? Of the 5 clips, numbers 1,2 & 3 were all Dreaming, No 5 was Tiga & Audion: Don't Stop. No 4 was unidentified. That's because it was unreleased at the time (December '21). It came out in June '22 on Erol Alkan's Phantasy label. I guess the Chems friendship with Mr Alkan explains why they had the track six months early. And this is it. Wait for the good bit at 1:43.

Gramrcy & John Loveless - Highdive

Wicked! Has a hint of eerie sound that Vitalic is good at

Big Beat remix of Hendrix' Purple Haze by Jazz K. Lipa
Ay, let's get together and do it!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Betterov - Dussmann

no idea, no idea

Six years before Morning Lemon, there was Lemon Afternoon.

The Dylans - Lemon Afternoon

Quote from: Csar on May 12, 2023, 21:18
Big Beat remix of Hendrix' Purple Haze by Jazz K. Lipa

Fun fact: That's not Hendrix's recording of Purple Haze that's been remixed, it's a version recorded by Johnny Jones & The King Casuals.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

One and only...  :'(
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Joy Division Reworked by the Heritage Orchestra & Scanner
An homage performance to Joy Division
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Dapayk & Padberg - Backyard / Fluffy Cloud

no idea, no idea

some things i'm digging today

Eight or over.

Another pickup from listening to my father's old 45's

I get strong Dissolve vibes listening to the track. Could Tom and Ed have drawn further inspiration from The Association then just "Round Again" on Hoops?

That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

my favorite discovery of recent memory. downtempo hypnotic electronic music from Yorkshire England.

Console - My Dog Eats Beats

no idea, no idea

Lovely addition to his catalogue.

Anyone ever listened to the original album version of Josh Wink's Higher State Of Consciousness?
It's pretty much an ambient/trip hop thing, with the original non-distorted vocals intact: "Love is an opening, opening to the higher states of consciousness".

I guess most of us think of the Tweekin Acid Funk mix as the original, and TBH it probably is the best version. But that hasn't stopped lots of other remixes popping up over the years. Personally I quite like the two Adana Twins remixes that came out in 2019. Anyway now in 2023, we have more new remixes from: KiNK, Max Cooper, Damian Lazarus and Erol Alkan.

Erol has probably done the best job simply by acknowledging the Tweekin Acid Funk mix - because he hasn't really changed it. Just a few little tweeks (no pun intended) here and there, oh and the addition of vocal samples from The Rapture's House Of Jealous Lovers.
I guess he was mixing these two tracks at Trash back in 2004, but whether it makes sense to do so in 2023 (and then call it the 2004 edit) is perhaps debatable.

Higher State Of Consciousness (Erol Alkan 2004 Edit)

EDIT: There are some interesting comments from Josh Wink on his beginnings and this track in particular in this piece. He even name checks the Chems.
Last Edit: Jul 08, 2023, 12:01 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I've been listening to Alison Goldfrapp's (relatively) new solo album 'The Love Intervention'.
It's so good!!
This is my favourite song by far:

I love the music video. It uses AI in a really interesting and creative way.
Time to go back into ChemBase hibernation for another 3 months!

:music

Got into Parannoul recently and they've blown my socks off - immediately bought  his newest album 'After the Magic' after hearing the second track on CD and pre-ordered the vinyl too. 

Absolutely wicked guy.
"I'm fucking allergic to feathers, you cunts"

Someone likely posted carpenter brut in the past. One of the guys in my D&D campaign said he bought the new album and compared it to '80s slasher synth soundtracks. Half was great, half was meh. Some of the better stuff reminded me of driving across a foggy Golden Gate Bridge with pooter listening to Adult.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

lol, I stumbled on Carpenter Brut accidentally a few years back...

I caught a rare 70mm screening of the controversial and polarizing movie 'Year of The Dragon' (1985) staring Mickey Rourke. The leading actress (Ariane Koizumi) in the movie is a reporter named, Tracy Tzu. She isn't much of actress in the film, but very pretty... obviously, I must then google her name. Which lead me to this with one of it's top hits:

anyways, i checked out the rest of the album and it's pretty good. not entirely my style but i can dig it.

Since we are on the subject of synthwave stuff, checkout the movie 'Turbo Kid' if you have the chance. It features a great (synthwave) soundtrack, but is a glorious low budget cult film. And it has Michael Ironiside! Has any movie he's been in, ever been a boring film?!

Yesterday I was listening to Sneakerbeater's "Respect Your Brothers" Vol. 2 mix. All these years later and I still really enjoy this one (and the series), and the segue in particular between Chemical Beats and Song To The Siren remains epic! This was some great stuff back in the CDJ era and remains an excellent mix today.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?