It Doesn't Matter

Chemicals to World (Under Social Lights)

Started by Csar, Jul 02, 2015, 20:38

Previous topic - Next topic
The chems socialize with the world...

Tweets(@chembros, @eddychemical), tumblers, instagrams, facebooks, notepads and so on and so forth

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/616702940934377472

Haha. Nice one.

And is this little chembros college block thing in the lower right corner?
Last Edit: Mar 28, 2023, 16:01 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Ok, I'm getting a kick out of being able to embed tweets. This was retweeted by Eddy and relates to Chemical material. The soundcloud is on the Now Playing thread. I don't know how to embed soundclouds though...(anyone?)
https://twitter.com/PaulWoolford/status/616980873074880512

IT'S MORNING TIME!

That is the best puzzle ever. The candles are a nice touch!

Will look into soundcloud embed!
Last Edit: Jul 03, 2015, 15:58 by whirlygirl
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Did anyone get the Facebook link open reference UK?

And what it could be? EML? Reflexion?
Hi Kevin!

It's EML Ritual, not live, but studio version.
Hi Kevin!

And for those who missed it:

IT'S MORNING TIME!

I think I'm gonna try and wait with this one...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Ohhhhhhman.

Such an awesome track. Damnit. Such an awesome track.

Quote from: MadPooter on Jul 03, 2015, 21:52

Ohhhhhhman.

I said I think I'm gonna try and wait! Shhhhh!

So, how many more will they be releasing? It's like half of the album is already out there before it's even been disclosed.  Seems to be a new marketing policy inside music industry. Very odd. I'm not sure I like that.
Last Edit: Jul 03, 2015, 21:59 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The plan for my 9 track album is to release each track over a 9 week period in the run up to the release.

I think for lesser known (or completely unknown folks like myself) it's a way of spreading out and trying to catch as many fans as possible from different places with different tracks.

I hardly think it's a necessary marketing tool for the Chems though. It's not like hearing EML is going to make us preorder the album anymore than simply hearing that there was an album coming did back in April.  Or maybe there are those new fans that need more convincing? I guess there's so much out there these days. The more times you see 'NEW CHEMICAL BROTHERS' the more likely you are to remember to buy the album when it comes out.

It's weird these days.

And you said interesting thing about releasing tracks. Because i thought if i'll finish my album (if it really someday will happen!) i'll upload 2 or 3 tracks from it for free download and then will go to play gigs.
And only after successfully played gigs for 3 months i will start to think about full release date. If gigs will be unsuccessful, i'll start to rework material for people pleasure.
Last Edit: Jul 03, 2015, 22:23 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: MadPooter on Jul 03, 2015, 21:52

Ohhhhhhman.

I know..... Right?!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 03, 2015, 21:56

I said I think I'm gonna try and wait! Shhhhh!

Much respect!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 03, 2015, 22:07

The plan for my 9 track album is to release each track over a 9 week period in the run up to the release.

I think for lesser known (or completely unknown folks like myself) it's a way of spreading out and trying to catch as many fans as possible from different places with different tracks.

I hardly think it's a necessary marketing tool for the Chems though. It's not like hearing EML is going to make us preorder the album anymore than simply hearing that there was an album coming did back in April.  Or maybe there are those new fans that need more convincing? I guess there's so much out there these days. The more times you see 'NEW CHEMICAL BROTHERS' the more likely you are to remember to buy the album when it comes out.

Well, I know it's marketing and all but it could very well backfire too and people might think "nah, the singles don't do much for me, won't buy it then". Maybe they're aiming at pre-ordering to make marketing music more efficient. Having said that, all the already released tracks can be illegally downloaded everywhere because of that policy and some people might not care much for the rest and take them as "giveaways".
In my opinion teasers like those they put on FB with these kind short snippets would get me more excited and make me wanting to get the whole album. That way it wouldn't spoil the experience, too, you have when you listen to an album the first time (yeah, I don't need to listen to them in the first place). Ooo, I'm so oldfashined :)
Last Edit: Jul 13, 2015, 10:17 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/619571601693147136

edit: damn, another twitter that doesn't work
Last Edit: Jul 14, 2015, 19:21 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Anyone know what this was? I checked Zanes playlist for 14/07/15 but no sign of any Chems.

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/620980430100144128

And has something happened to twitter embedding?

Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 00:48 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Our new series will take you Behind The Making of the new tour! Our friends at .@NOWNESS are serving up a preview: https://www.nowness.com/story/the-chemical-brothers-eml-ritual-born-in-the-echoes?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=desktop&utm_campaign=share

New series?!