Let Your Heart See the Colours All Around You

Star Wars

Started by Ben_j, Dec 13, 2015, 13:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Damn, damn, damn, I was going to watch SW tonight, but caught bloody cold over the weekend and I'm sick as hell, so no SW for me tonight...
God, I'm so pissed!  >:(
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Spoiler
so which Star Wars actor will get an an automobile/plan accident next? I need more face scars in my life
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Dec 21, 2015, 15:41

Spoiler
so which Star Wars actor will get an an automobile/plan accident next? I need more face scars in my life
Spoiler
Chewbacca. Because Chewbacca withouth Han is worthless (Episode 3 anyone?)
no idea, no idea

Ok, I saw it twice now, just to make sure of my opinion, and without to much hype. And man, I'm definitely surprised about this film. What a great ride, it's just great, a good return to the Star Wars universe, awesome visuals, great score and sound design, superb interaction between new and old characters. Can't wait for later episodes, and how the spin off films will turn out.

Spoiler
That dead of Han Solo make me cry like a baby, didn't cry that much since I was 6 years old.
Last Edit: Dec 21, 2015, 20:37 by Nekcore

OMG OMG OMG T Minus 3 & 1/2 Hours To Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I might have to see this in the theater 5 or 6 more times before I can decide if I like it or not...

Finally saw it yesterday, and I love it!
Spoiler
Not even the awful plot recycling could spoil the fun for me. It was entertaining and has loveable new characters. That's everything a Star Wars movie needs.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Dec 24, 2015, 06:58

I think I might have to see this in the theater 5 or 6 more times before I can decide if I like it or not...

I had to see it twice before I had a concrete opinion for sure...

And I did enjoy it a whole bunch. It's a good movie. It's not amazing. But I'm excited for the other two.

My biggest issues however...

Spoiler

One. Kylo Ren could have seen what was in Rey's brain, had she not had jedi powers to protect her, right? So why couldn't he simply see what was in Po's brain earlier and find out where the map was?
Two. The Starkiller planet sucked up all the energy from the sun to power its weapon. Where exactly was the sun it drew the energy from when it destroyed the Republic? I guess there could have been two suns in that particular system, maybe? But if not it would have had to move to some other sun, which, as a planet, I'm pretty sure it couldn't do. And if it had been successful in drawing in the energy from the sun it was currently draining to destroy the rebels, it would have been completely unusable afterwards because there were no more suns around.
It also didn't seem to get any darker anywhere considering the sun had nearly vanished...
Yes. I'm being that guy. But it could have drawn it's power from something else that took 30 minutes to charge. Why the sun?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Theatrical mix of the SW soundtrack available for download here:
http://www.starwars-union.de/nachrichten/16493/rss/
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

OK, when are we going to be able to openly discuss this film without hiding behind spoiler tags?

Seriously. Spoiler tags are appreciated but the nod-and-wink mood in here is totally vibing the whole Chems album leak thing.  :D

I want to talk Star Wars with my favorite people but don't wish to discuss behind a veil of spoiler tags. I think we should set a date for open discussion (maybe Dec 26, or Jan 1) and modify the topic so it has a spoiler warning.  What say you?
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I got a gift card in a reel can and am going to watch it soon. Can you hold on some more days?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm going tomorrow, finally! Can't wait for those spoiler buttons to stop tempting me, let me tell you!  ;)

It hurts, but of course I can wait! :)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Dec 25, 2015, 15:45

I want to talk Star Wars with my favorite people but don't wish to discuss behind a veil of spoiler tags. I think we should set a date for open discussion (maybe Dec 26, or Jan 1) and modify the topic so it has a spoiler warning.  What say you?

Here here!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Loved it!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 25, 2015, 02:08

I had to see it twice before I had a concrete opinion for sure...

And I did enjoy it a whole bunch. It's a good movie. It's not amazing. But I'm excited for the other two.

My biggest issues however...

Spoiler

One. Kylo Ren could have seen what was in Rey's brain, had she not had jedi powers to protect her, right? So why couldn't he simply see what was in Po's brain earlier and find out where the map was?
Two. The Starkiller planet sucked up all the energy from the sun to power its weapon. Where exactly was the sun it drew the energy from when it destroyed the Republic? I guess there could have been two suns in that particular system, maybe? But if not it would have had to move to some other sun, which, as a planet, I'm pretty sure it couldn't do. And if it had been successful in drawing in the energy from the sun it was currently draining to destroy the rebels, it would have been completely unusable afterwards because there were no more suns around.
It also didn't seem to get any darker anywhere considering the sun had nearly vanished...
Yes. I'm being that guy. But it could have drawn it's power from something else that took 30 minutes to charge. Why the sun?

Spoiler
Poe didn't see the map. That old guy just gives him the USB stick but he never sees the map.
The Starkiller base can destroy a system from very far away. It's why they can see the ray from whichever planet they're on. So the Sun doesn't have to be in the same system they're destroying

OK, when are we going to be able to openly discuss this film without hiding behind spoiler tags?

Seriously. Spoiler tags are appreciated but the nod-and-wink mood in here is totally vibing the whole Chems album leak thing.  :D

Whirly...you call it. Most of us are ready.

I'm waiting until the 31st on FB, but a 'spoiler' warning in the header is a good idea.

And Csar...c'mon dude!

Spoiler
I loved it and didn't mind the callbacks. My one critcism was the Starkiller superweapon. Having it be simply a base with a new gathering army would have been just as effective and the rescue would have worked just as well. Maybe moreso if Leia decided to send backup only after Han leaves without support. The superweapon aspect felt rushed, and a weapon that can extinguish stars is dangerous enough in iteslf.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Sorry, haven't got around to see it yet, had some things on my plate. Please, go ahead, no need to wait for me. I can avoid this thread and chime in when I've watched it. I don't want to make you guys angry. Because anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering... and to the dark side!
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think we should wait until it's out on DVD etc.  I've only just seen the thing myself (looked good in 3D!), and I'd hate to have accidentally clicked this thread and seen spoilers beforehand. It's not that hard to click the spoiler button is it?
Speaking of which...

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Dec 20, 2015, 20:30

I personally enjoyed the film... 

Spoiler

And don't worry...Han Solo is in the next 2 films!

Well...

Spoiler
I'm not sure how his character can survive, but both Character and Actor are listed for Episode VIII on IMDB. Could he be a ghost like Obi Wan? Kept 'alive' by his belief in the Force and with the spiritual help of Luke and Leia?
BTW I also think Rey must be Luke's daughter.
ps, as an Irishman I was waiting for the scene they filmed in Ireland and thought I must have failed to notice it.  But there it was, right at the end!

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Apparently Abrams won't be directing the other films? (heard on howard stern interview) These franchises can either improve or go to shit when this happens. I guess if they keep up the art direction and same script writer it might survive. And Lucas not liking the 'retro' feel of it pffft. let it go. I thought it was a good balance.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...