Where Do I Begin?

London 2016

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Dec 17, 2015, 18:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Please don't mention "closing point on the band" or anything related to that again. The thought makes me sick.

They usually tour Australia but I think for the first time it seems they don't seem to plan to tour with this album down here. I don't mind if they don't as the live set this time around isn't different enough compared to the don't think tour.

With all thats happened to them during this era of a new album release, with a close friend passing, Ed with other commitments and probably the pressures of getting all this done to make the corporates/music industry folk happy. Its a job done well still.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

I would have thought SW4 would be Chems 2016 LDN exclusive but last year Faithless played a few Alexandra Palace shows as well so who knows..

They might be busy with the score for Trespass Against Us, maybe that's why there is no arena tour planned for the beginning of 2016... So, maybe a few festivals this summer then a proper tour from september to 2017 ?

Quote from: TeeDubyaE1 on Jan 26, 2016, 06:34

What do we think the chances of standalone Chem Bros. dates are? I guess they're contractually obliged to only PR this for a while, and whatever else they've got in the diaries for this Summer... There's surely enough hunger from the general public, besides us nuts, to merit an Earls Court or Brixton affair.

My decision is, do I just go along with this SW4 malarkey so I definitely see the current show, or hold out for something better and risk never seeing this album toured.

I'm feeling your pain TeeDubyaE1, I'm really torn on waiting to see if exclusive tour dates are released or going along to the festival. I really don't want to pay £60 to go to a festival just to see one band. I would rather pay £60 for an exclusive date and much better support acts....... I'm desperate to see CB live and also the latest light show, but I really don't fancy the audience at SW4 either
Be who you were created to be

LCD soundsystem at lovebox has gotten my attention more than  this
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: Sneaker on Jan 26, 2016, 14:05

LCD soundsystem at lovebox has gotten my attention more than  this

Agreed.

Again, holding out for Glastonbury, but this is very tempting. Especially with day tickets available.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

NOS Alive looks to be getting even more interesting - Chems, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Pixies... http://nosalive.com/

Last Edit: Feb 02, 2016, 11:24 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Gosh. The lack of punctuation being used in the comments under that video...  :o

What does "Above & Beyond" on the poster mean? Is that SW4s slogan or does it imply an above and beyond Chemical experience?

Also, it's weird the Chemical Brothers are used/have offered themselves to be the main promotion force of the SW4 festival, which hasn't build much credit reading peoples experiences. Or does it mean it will be loud(er) this time because the Brothers always play LOUD.
Last Edit: Feb 02, 2016, 18:09 by Joslyn

Quote from: Joslyn on Feb 02, 2016, 18:03

What does "Above & Beyond" on the poster mean? Is that SW4s slogan or does it imply an above and beyond Chemical experience?

They're an act on the bill:  Wikipedia

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Feb 02, 2016, 18:10

They're an act on the bill:  Wikipedia

Wahaha! Is it a bad thing I never heard of them?

They're pretty terrible.

But they own (though someone else is in charge of A&R) Anjunadeep, however, which makes them more than OK in my books.

Never for money, always for love.

Robots.

They don't address the fact that they are still in a residential area though and restricted by local noise level laws.

So, guys, I'm so wary to purchase tickets for the London show. Until now i'm considering to look up various options for shows in Europe. Because for now UK is difficult for visas and so expensive. What should i have do?
Hi Kevin!

WhiteNoise, where does that quote image come from mate?

Reckon I should bite the bullet instead of wait in vain for more dates?

Quote from: TeeDubyaE1 on Mar 14, 2016, 15:54

WhiteNoise, where does that quote image come from mate?

Reckon I should bite the bullet instead of wait in vain for more dates?
I don't remember but I think it was in an email they sent out to everyone who pre registered. It's legitimate. I think I actually first saw it on the Brotherhood group.

Does anyone has any idea what those "very special extras" could be?
Because all the negative respons on the festival I'm not confinced to go to that festival with Pukkelpop nearby as a good (and much cheaper) option.

Will the set-up for this London festival show by any different than the Belgium show 9 days earlier? (or any other festival show this summer)
Last Edit: Mar 18, 2016, 22:17 by Joslyn

I bet the extras are going to be the bots. Maybe there will be a surprise Beck and St. Vincent, but...