Yeah, We Will Live Again

RIP Andrew Weatherall

Started by Wolkenkrabber, Feb 17, 2020, 15:27

Previous topic - Next topic
https://twitter.com/prescriptionpr/status/1229406163617353730

Guardian article. Points out he was one of the first to champion The Chems.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Dang, rest in peace. He had his hands in so many places.

Never for money, always for love.

Damn. Horrible news. Dude had an awesome career and a great ear for interesting music. Involved in one of the most iconic British albums ever.

RIP Andrew, thanks for your work.

What a terrible, terrible loss.

Thank you for EVERYTHING, Mr. Weatherall.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Never knew Mr. Weatherall was behind Sabres Of Paradise.

Sad news
no idea, no idea

One of my favourite of his touches...

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

National Public Radio did a piece on him and when talking about Screamadelica played Movin On Up...which he did not produce.  :/ 

Alex Patterson dedicated his weekly(?) show to him.  The first hour and 11 minutes and the last hour (except the last track?) are based on a mixtape Andrew made for Alex when they were neighbors in the late eighties or something.  The middle hour is a mix of Andrew's work.

https://www.mixcloud.com/wnbclondon/andy-weatherall-a-tribute-by-alex-paterson/?fbclid=IwAR0OW1OzQdN3nGgMCZ34hZOFJi12d8rAeYESxKJMcc2YraC_6d7m2c2kE0E

For those interested (and I imagine it's damn near everyone here), I present the Weatherdrive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B23ZLBzfzfvec3ZhVE1uV0JtSGs

a staggeringly comprehensive collection of every DJ set, live recording, and unreleased tape Andrew Weatherall ever made, besides those commercially released.

I started with a Heavenly Social set from 1994, and good lord is it banging.

19930305 Rhumba Edinburgh is also a great set and (very historically) features Song to the Siren, back when it was still the only Dust Brothers song around, and only Weatherall was playing it.
Last Edit: Mar 05, 2020, 22:01 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Big birthday celebration for what would have been Andrew Weatherall's 60th.

It also falls just before Tom and Ed head to the US for Coachella. I wonder if we will get a dj set appearance at this?

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Feb 03, 2023, 22:45
Big birthday celebration for what would have been Andrew Weatherall's 60th.

It also falls just before Tom and Ed head to the US for Coachella. I wonder if we will get a dj set appearance at this?

Was thinking this too - will be getting tickets no doubt will be a great night like Dance for Shaun was in '21
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

not there :(
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

I was just listening to David Holmes' remix of Manic Street Preachers' If You Tolertate This and this sort-of documentary by David was suggested to me:

Has anyone listened to this yet? Apart from bits on this forum, I wasn't really familiar with Andrew Weatherall (except for a couple of tracks). But this sounds really intriguing and fun.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)