Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

Star Wars

Started by Ben_j, Dec 13, 2015, 13:26

Previous topic - Next topic
1 day for me! I'm reading a lot of opinions of people who saw a midnight screening, and people are saying it's the Star Wars we are looking for, it delivers a lot. Oh man, this is going to be good!

Just came back from the movie. It was fucking awesome ! Every bit as good as what I hoped. I had some of the twists spoiled, though, but it was still incredibly good and entertaining. JJ Abrams got everything right ! The 3D was very good too, and it's rare enough to be mentionned. If you can see it in 3D, do so !

Funny thing, when I was waiting to get inside, a group of famous French actors, including Marion Cotillard passed us and apparently had a private screening arranged by Disney.
Last Edit: Dec 16, 2015, 21:32 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 16, 2015, 21:27

Just came back from the movie. It was fucking awesome ! Every bit as good as what I hoped. I had some of the twists spoiled, though, but it was still incredibly good and entertaining. JJ Abrams got everything right ! The 3D was very good too, and it's rare enough to be mentionned. If you can see it in 3D, do so !

Funny thing, when I was waiting to get inside, a group of famous French actors, including Marion Cotillard passed us and apparently had a private screening arranged by Disney.

How come you could watch it that early? I thought it was opening at midnight in Europe?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Dec 16, 2015, 22:45

How come you could watch it that early? I thought it was opening at midnight in Europe?

Today was the release date in France and some other countries. Not Germany I think

I don't know if anyone else has seen it yet, but there are a few things I'd love to discuss. I'll put them in spoiler tags, and I strongly advise anyone not to read them before seeing the movie, as I will reveal the whole plot

Spoiler

After seeing it, there was a debate among the people I went with : is Rey Luke's daughter ? I'm saying she is, it's quite obvious from all the hints :
- She's force-sensitive
- She looks an awful lot like Padme and Leia so she's got to be Padme's descendant
- What happens when she touches Luke's lightsaber
- What the orange thing tells her after the lightsaber incident
Obviously it's not explicitely said in the movie, which led some of my friends to think that she might not be Luke's daughter, especially considering JJ Abrams' knack for mistleading the audience. She could be Han and Leia's daughter but that would make little sense, since either Han or Leia would have had a reaction when meeting with her.

We'll see in episode 8 I guess...

One thing I found odd was how quick Rey seemed to grasp how to use the force. It might just be an indication of how strong she could be... At the opposite, Kylo Ren seemed rather weak in the final battle, as opposed to how strong he appeared in the rest of the movie (stopping a blaster shot in mid air, etc...). Could be that he's upset about just killing his father... Or just an indication that he is actually weak, which seems to be one of the reasons why Snoke recruited him.

Maybe i've should ban all the stuff about SW

Spoiler

Just kidding. I'm just a simple bored man.
Hi Kevin!

Darth Jar Jar Binks is real, right? RIGHT?!?
Never for money, always for love.

Got our tickets and my son is out of school early and will hold us a spot in line so we can get prime seats tonight! Super, super excited! I re-watched A New Hope for the millionth time last night, so excitement senses tingling.  ;D Will A Force Awakens compare to the same feelings I had when I saw A New Hope the first time a million years ago, I don't know. But I know this is going to be pretty awesome.

As my son is a few months shy of being 18, I am so happy he's geeky enough to want to hang out with his old mom and dad at the movies instead of his friends.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I am seeing it at midnight, today.
I am excited.
I cannot wait to keep all the spoilers to myself for like a week.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 16, 2015, 22:57

Today was the release date in France and some other countries. Not Germany I think
Started today in Germany too.

Going to see this on Sunday 11p.m. (damn, such a long time to wait)
no idea, no idea

On my way to the theater now!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

It was great!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I will be seeing this movie in about 2 hours

wooooooo

this is a huge deal to me
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing it for the second time on Sunday.

I'm actually going to hold off forming an opinion until that second viewing because I was thinking lots the first time and I need to arrange all of those thoughts into a finalised summary.

It definitely was good though.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 18, 2015, 23:52

Seeing it for the second time on Sunday.

I'm actually going to hold off forming an opinion until that second viewing because I was thinking lots the first time and I need to arrange all of those thoughts into a finalised summary.

It definitely was good though.
I saw it today, I agree. I was so disoriented by the fact I was seeing Episode XII finally that I had a hard time reading the opening crawl scrip. I definitely liked it, I'll be going back and see it again this week.

4h to go
no idea, no idea

Quote from: whirlygirl on Dec 17, 2015, 15:36

As my son is a few months shy of being 18, I am so happy he's geeky enough to want to hang out with his old mom and dad at the movies instead of his friends.

I think he's gonna enjoy it more than the rest of us. The film is for sure for the new generation with the new characters.

I personally enjoyed the film.It was great, but I wasn't blown away! JJ Abrams did a hard task to bring Episode 7 to the screen when George Lucas swore that it would never happen. 

Spoiler
Kylo didnt seem scary or threatening at all. He kind of came off like some spoiled kid. And since he's no certified Jedi or Sith lord, he has no control of his temper aka taking his saber and tearing shit up on a nearby control panel. I was a little disappointed that he took his mask off...twice. It kind of ruined any chance he had to take himself seriously. they could've showed the backside of his head and showed his hair while hes taking off the mask to add some mystery. Geez! I Liked Poe's character though, and look forward to the backstory of Rey and her knowledge of the Force.

The movie had an overall feel to the first SW ( a safe move for the writers and storyline) but felt like a sequel.

And don't worry...Han Solo is in the next 2 films!

Last Edit: Dec 20, 2015, 20:32 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Spoiler
How can they kill the greatest character ever created (after Jake and Elwood)?  I had a tear in my eye after the scene. The feelings are like watching the death of Hank Schrader and nearly every unexpected death of a character you like from Game Of Thrones combined.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 21, 2015, 01:34

Spoiler
How can they kill the greatest character ever created (after Jake and Elwood)?  I had a tear in my eye after the scene. The feelings are like watching the death of Hank Schrader and nearly every unexpected death of a character you like from Game Of Thrones combined.
Spoiler

Come on, from the moment he was announced in the movie, we all knew he would die. Harrison Ford and Lawrence Kasdan wanted Han Solo to die in the first movies. Lucas didn't agree, just to sell more toys. Even without the spoiler, I was pretty sure Han Solo would die.

Spoiler
I knew someone would die but i didn't who it would be. I thought maybe a secondary character.

It's also kind of weird that the Lucas film logo has complete silence right before the 'a long time ago' thing. I miss the 20th century fox logo :(
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.