EBW 1 (It Doesn't Matter)
EBW 2 (Don't Stop the Rock)
EBW 3 (Under the Influence)
EBW 4 (Freak of the Week)
EBW 5 (It Began in Africa)
EBW 6 (Pre Hoops Hoops)
EBW 7 (Acid Children)
EBW 8 (Saturate)
EBW 9 (Was there a name for this? IT SHALL BE CALLED "SENSATIONS")
EBW 10 (Midnight Madness)
EBW 11 (Sometimes I Feel So Deserted)
If we are going to do openers, closers, and song vs. song polls, how about an EBW poll? Instead of 1 vote, how about 3 choices? Are you on board? No? Well, ok...

Did EBW 9 ever get a name? If not, how about Sensation(s)? Or Blue Oyster Cult? Or B.O.C?

Vote away! You cannot see the results until you vote, so as to not bias it as much.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honorable mention: 11

Mine were 1, 4, and 8. I have danced my ass off to Freak of the Week so many times. EBW 8's beginning is so cool. I could listen to the beginning on loop and probably be more productive as a human being.

This forum asks too many tough questions!
"You have 11 children, but only 3 can live and the others will be taken by wolves..."

8, 5, 1. Maybe 11, but always hard to say until the newness novelty has warn off.

EBW 9 can be Hot Acid Rhythm 2, we really needed another hot acid rhythm if insisted on numbering the first one.
Last Edit: Aug 08, 2015, 06:35 by Biff

5 is so good, because of that extra part in the middle.

I only ever heard 6, 7 and 9. I figured I didn't really need to listen to the others, since they all wound up as completed songs on an album or as a b-side. Plus, they're hard to track down.
I guess I can't really vote, but if I were to judge the songs by their album/b-side versions, I'd vote 3, 6 & 10
The devil is in the details

This is actually a better idea than opening or closing tracks I think.
Went for 9, 7 and 5.

9 is my top choice. Love how it feels so damn clubby. Has a feel of 3am in a dark club, speakers bangin, lasers beaming. Bosh! Also the fact that it never appeared as anything else makes it kinda exclusive. I just wish it was longer.
Last Edit: Aug 08, 2015, 08:38 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

These are tracks made to be EBW's and didn't pop up as album tracks. They are extremely filthy dance tracks. 6 is so good live, I have real good memories about 9 in Turnmills, 7 is haunting in the live show

Why was 6 scared of my choices for this thread?

Because 7 8 9.

Omg no love for 2? I thought that version it should be on the album, the longer that tune the better.

5 and 6, because they're both pure awesome trippy psychedelic madness that sends you yottameters away.
Also voted 10 because I love it ! I think this one is very underrated and I'm sad they don't play it live any more cause it wass great ! I guess there may somewhat be a personal attachment to it cause it was released at the time where I became a Chems fan. As our friends Pumisher and Krisper, I became a fan after seeing them live at a festival without knowing much of their discography, and I remember that Midnight Madness had a particular efffect. I find it ultra epic.
4 and 7 were pretty close.

Sometimes I Feel so Deserted does not even deserve to be an EBW ! I really don't understand that choice. Outside of the fact that I'll never change my mind on Don't Think and Pourquoi being EBW's 11 and 12, I think Reflexion and Direct Buki would have been better choices cause they're both epid DJ tools, while Sometimes... can just be a single but iis far from being epic.

theres a few clips of midnight madness around. Very choppy, but you can hear that little melody loud and clear at the beginning.  Wished i would of been able to hear that bad boy live. even if i had sufficient funds to see them in 07, i would of still missed i believe since this played in 08 leg of the tour. (sniff)

Quote from: Biff on Aug 08, 2015, 06:34

This forum asks too many tough questions!
"You have 11 children, but only 3 can live and the others will be taken by wolves..."

8, 5, 1. Maybe 11, but always hard to say until the newness novelty has warn off.

Ha! I wanna do 11 too, but your right about the 'newness'. But I chose 3,4, and 9!

Quote from: The Bloke on Aug 08, 2015, 16:12

Don't Think and Pourquoi being EBW's 11 and 12, I think Reflexion and Direct Buki would have been better choices cause they're both epid DJ tools, while Sometimes... can just be a single but iis far from being epic.

My vote for Reflexion and Don't Think as well.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

8  (EBW8 + Saturate =  Satur8)

EBW9 is a close, close 4th for me.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

They are all good man. Its hard to pick but the pre hoops hoops sounds like what a fucking electronic battle weapon is suppose to sound like and does justice to the ebw title. Also it doesn't matter and maybe It began in Afrika. They are all destructive face melting tracks. its like asking a parent who their favorite kid is. how can you pick?

Quote from: KNE on Aug 08, 2015, 17:32

theres a few clips of midnight madness around.
I wasn't on the Forum when EBW 10 came out so I don't know if it was discussed at the time. But in case it wasn't, have a listen to the chorus of the track below and then listen to EBW10 whilst ignoring the high pitched top line.  Or listen to the tail end of EBW10 at around 7.30.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 09, 2015, 01:43

I wasn't on the Forum when EBW 10 came out so I don't know if it was discussed at the time. But in case it wasn't, have a listen to the chorus of the track below and then listen to EBW10 whilst ignoring the high pitched top line.  Or listen to the tail end of EBW10 at around 7.30.

I think I see what you mean, it's probably where the high-pitched guitar sample we hear at 3:56 comes from :

Anyway, as to the end of EBW 10, I think it samples this track (2:07) :

Quote from: The Bloke on Aug 09, 2015, 11:30

Anyway, as to the end of EBW 10, I think it samples this track (2:07) :

Four Tet and The Chems are taking the samples from here:

Min. 1:47