Would You Like to Come Inside?

LCD Soundsystem are back

Started by Enjoyed, Jan 06, 2016, 06:24

Previous topic - Next topic
http://lcdsoundsystem.com/main/archives/793

Looks like I missed my opportunity to start an LCD tribute band...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

8 gigs in LA

October 31st to November 3rd => Shrine Expo Hall
November 7th to November 10th => Hollywood Palladium

https://www.youareherela.com
no idea, no idea

They just did a mini residency (4 nights) in Chicago too. I have no clue if this is a more profitable strategy, they seemed to have tour quite a bit within the last few years so I don't know how this fits with demand.

They're solid performers, but personally, I've gotten my fill of LCD Soundsystem LIVE.

I think they've cited residencies as preferred because they can plan multiple smaller shows rather than one big one, which is better for fans, and they don't want to go on extensive tours, so better for the band.

It's probably not worth starting a Glasonbury thread this year as there's no Chems, but there is LCD Soundsystem. The full Glasto line up with set times was announced today, with LCD 2nd top of Friday's bill on the Pyramid Stage. Whether Dua Lipa should be above them or indeed anywhere on a Glastonbury line up is open to debate IMHO. And as for Shania Twain... ???

No Spider this year, as per the Guardian's article "The Arcadia area's usual fire-breathing spider is being replaced with a new concept this year: a creature called the Dragonfly, built from an old Royal Navy helicopter..."

The five largest stages get full streaming coverage by the BBC on their iplayer/ website. So you may need a VPN if you want to watch any of the coverage outside the UK, although I wouldn't bet against it eventually ending up on YouTube anyway.

Another "chemical friendly" act, Justice headline the West Holts stage on the Sunday. Aurora plays the Park Stage on Friday evening and Orbital play the same stage on Saturday.

Some non-dance/electronic bands who I like and have seen live in the past include The National and Fat White Family.
I've mentioned the Fat Whites here before but I get the feeling that none of ya'll are too interested. They do have some side project stuff that connects them to dance/electronic music - lead singer Lias is a member of Decius who had a track on the Chems 2019 Essential Mix, and a couple of members also have some involvement with Warmduscher who have been remixed by the likes of Soulwax.

Idles, a punk band who I've never seen live in person but have seen live via my TV are back and they always seem to deliver. I watched a film recently called Boy Kills World, and I could swear one of the characters is based on the lead singer.

Last Edit: Today at 15:34 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!