I Wanna Go Where No One Goes

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Just noticed it says i've posted only 3 times....this can't be true ha!

Quote from: zombiepeople on Nov 01, 2023, 14:40
Hi all

Its been a very long time since my last post! I can really relate to @mippo with regards to being on the forum in your 20s...it was my go to for any new material or general chit chat!

I was trigger happy and ordered all editions but they are at my mum's address so i will have to wait (live abroad)...although maybe a lil longer for the deluxe edition as i got that email too! I just spoke to them on the phone and they said they won't be in possession till the 9th Nov! Anyways flying in to see the chemicals on Saturday cannot wait....last time i was them was at Ally Pally so i am proper pumped for this x

Appreciate you making the call on the deluxe shipping. If they are aware of the new date, I wish they would send out an email. My communication last week said they would update on 30 October. That has come and gone.

Hi 

I called Whiterabbitsbooks who then forwarded me to hachette... i mentioned the whiterabbits email and they said that they were not aware of the email and that they do not have the books yet.The last update they got was the 9th Nov so prob be with customers a few days after hopefully. Sadly i would of been and gone so will need to wait till my next visit to the uk to collect it. No issues the wait will be worth it....i hope! 

Publishing date is November 9th, shipping is in the days after that so recieving it will be till the end of November if you live abroad, thanks to Brexit. 

Hopefully the pressed Problem/Question on the flipside of Superflash as an excuse  :D

Quote from: Joslyn on Nov 01, 2023, 18:13
Hopefully the pressed Problem/Question on the flipside of Superflash as an excuse :D
Haha! That would be the least they could do!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Another week to wait by the sounds of it! It seems the same date that inchemswetrust was given last week 

A bit disappointed that this date has not been official communicated by white rabbit. Their last message said they would let us know what was going on Monday just gone.  I don't mind the delay, sometimes thing can't be helped. But considering we have spen a considerable amount of money for a book, we are getting less than a premium service.
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Anybody in the US get a basic hardbound copy yet?  Still waiting in Cincinnati.  

Quote from: gfa2001 on Oct 29, 2023, 15:18
Spotted in Ladbroke Grove, West London

Not sure if its actually chem related - i googled Diabolical and nothing came up?

Edit: seems its this - no idea if its to do with them though https://www.buildhollywood.co.uk/agency/diabolical/
I've seen FTBF adverts nearby before so maybe
I've seen this ad also in Edinburgh.
Please log in to view this attachment.

Greetings - If Anyone has a copy of the Collectors Deluxe edition they'd be willing to part/sell, please hit me up, thanks a TON!

I emailed white rabbit this morning looking for an update and just got a reply that they wont be shipping until 23rd November. Pretty pissed off to be honest. I dont believe the excuse that there was some issue that they had to check each one individually, they could have done that in a few days, never mind taking nearly a month.
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: gavin35 on Nov 06, 2023, 12:15
I emailed white rabbit this morning looking for an update and just got a reply that they wont be shipping until 23rd November. Pretty pissed off to be honest. I dont believe the excuse that there was some issue that they had to check each one individually, they could have done that in a few days, never mind taking nearly a month.
This has to be vinyl related. Really hope they have something extra in store for being a month late. 

I think you're right, they could just easily say there was a delay on the vinyl production though
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

A digital download of "Superflash" and the eBook for all buyers would be a great excuse  :)

Quote from: gavin35 on Nov 06, 2023, 12:15
I'm about as bummed out about the delay as probably everyone else in here, but without knowing what exactly the issue was, what was necessary to correct it and how many ressources the publisher can expend on this (they're most likely not working *just* on this book), there's absolutely no way of claiming "this could've been done sooner". We all spent our hard-earned money on this, but it is also by no means a life or death issue. I'd rather have it in my hands later than having them rush through the now necessary work, or having somebody do stressful overtime. Errors happen, it sucks, they're correcting it, we will have the book a bit later, which is not the end of the world.

I have to agree with M_O_N_O here, some digital goodies like Superflash or maybe the extra chapter that was on the flash drive version of FTBF would be great!

Very frustrating but at least we have had an update and a new date.

Not going to complain to much. The wolrd still turning, plenty of thing occurring around the world that help put life into perspective 
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Just got the email from White Rabbit about the delay. It's frustrating all around yeah, but agree with others here in that errors happen and there are many parts of the production of this book that may be attributed to the delay. Better late than never, so I don't mind waiting. 
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

On a related note, for anyone in London...

The Chemical Brothers + Friends: 'Paused In Cosmic Reflection' In Conversation @ EartH Theatre

https://dice.fm/partner/rough-trade/event/7bapv-the-chemical-brothers-friends-paused-in-cosmic-reflection-in-conversation-earth-theatre-4th-dec-earth-london-tickets

My wife and I managed to bag a couple of tickets. I doubt tickets will hang around for long though  8)

Can't believe I missed out on the collectors version, but maybe a cancellation will pop up and a couple will be available, doubtful but just holding out..

Just heard the snippet of the first five minutes of the audiobook and literally blown away. I'm considering buying it so I can do read along with the actual book.

I just got the email, and it says the "the process is almost complete and affected copies have been corrected" and "ALL copies will be sent Nov 23!"

Just send the corrected copies NOW!  Don't wait till the whole batch is finished. Just send the ones that are ready to go with overnight shipping. I don't mind waiting a little longer ( as long as it's here before Xmas) but at least send out some of the corrected ones for now!

Maybe now T and E can sign them while we wait!

Last Edit: Nov 06, 2023, 22:55 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.