Back With Another One of Those Block Rockin' Beats

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
Yay!! Received a shipping notification today! I was... so confused with the invoice notification yesterday but had a feeling a ship notice was very soon to follow!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Yay! 

Now let's hope there isn't some Brexit-caused customs shitfuckery.
Last Edit: Nov 22, 2023, 12:29 by Stefan

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 22, 2023, 12:04
Yay!

Now let's hope there isn't some Brexit-caused customs shitfuckery.
There wasn't any for me!
And I've bought it via Amazon UK, not our polish one.
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

I'm in the States so know it'll be a bit before mine is in hand, know most got this from white rabbit, mine was from the official store so hopefully mine ships out before weeks end!!

Yo 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵, Assuming you bought the regular edition and not the super limited collectors edition?

Quote from: Enjoyed on Nov 22, 2023, 09:20
S U P E R F L A S H ! ! !
I hope for someone to upload it to web ASAP.
Or for the digital release of it, so the only legal physical copy will be the vinyl.
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Paused on Nov 22, 2023, 13:24
Yo 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵, Assuming you bought the regular edition and not the super limited collectors edition?
Yup, the standard one, sitting on my desk waiting for further read
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Nov 22, 2023, 13:23
There wasn't any for me!
There were two orders for me this year from the UK to Austria which sat in customs for some days and I had to pay an additional fee upon receiving.
Since this hasn't happened before and I've ordered from these stores also before 2020, I fully blame Brexit. Who knows what happens when ordering Books.

Yeah, Brexit was some bullshit idea.
no idea, no idea

Deluxe Edition back in stock again at White Rabbit:
https://store.whiterabbitbooks.co.uk/products/paused-in-cosmic-reflection?variant=44023221485812

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 22, 2023, 14:36
There were two orders for me this year from the UK to Austria which sat in customs for some days and I had to pay an additional fee upon receiving.
Since this hasn't happened before and I've ordered from these stores also before 2020, I fully blame Brexit. Who knows what happens when ordering Books.
You'll probably have to pay the applicable Austrian VAT plus a fee for the delivery service, usually 5-10 EUR. I buy a lot from the UK and the stupid thing is that in most cases you have to pay VAT twice: UK VAT on purchase and the VAT of your home country upon delivery. Only a few stores deduct the UK VAT or take part in the IOSS program where no taxes/duties are applicable up to EUR 150.
Last Edit: Nov 23, 2023, 08:38 by M_O_N_O

Is your tracking also stuck in "pre alerted" status?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 23, 2023, 08:31
Is your tracking also stuck in "pre alerted" status?

Yes.

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Nov 22, 2023, 13:26
I hope for someone to upload it to web ASAP.
Or for the digital release of it, so the only legal physical copy will be the vinyl.
No, let's keep this exclusive like advertised. (but off course a digital release will happen)

Quote from: 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵 on Nov 22, 2023, 13:23
There wasn't any for me!
Did Amazon sold the deluxe edition? 

Quote from: whirlygirl on Nov 19, 2023, 21:04
It was Ed who spent time in Australia  :)
Yes, a quick Google sets the record straight, thanks Whirly.

Simons, who lived in Australia for a year in the late '80s, working at a Scarborough Beach hotel making ice-cream sundaes and bodysurfing in his spare time, never expected to become known for his electronic dance skills.

"I went to Australia at 18 and thought I'd stay a while," he recalls.

"You guys were discussing climate change back then, and that was 30 years ago – a concerning topic and still ever relevant today. I was working in a hotel owned by Alan Bond, they were happy days," he says.

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/music/back-rockin-beats-the-chemical-brothers-return-20191011-p52zsz.html

I absolutely cannot believe this. I've been a Chemical Brothers fan for so long and I never knew this. Scarborough is my 'hood now, to think young Mr Simons used to live here back in the day, amazing!

I did live in London for a couple of years around the We Are The Night era, so the cultural exchange program was completed.

Hey everyone,

I pre-ordered the deluxe edition from the official website, not from White Rabbit Books. I haven't received an invoice or a shipping confirmation via e-mail, just the information that the release was postponed on the 9th of November.

Is there anyone here in the same situation?
So let your body rock...

Quote from: orangewedge99 on Nov 23, 2023, 10:05
Is there anyone here in the same situation?
Yeah, ordered from the main store/not white rabbit (deluxe) and zero movement so far, only been around a week but hope to see it ship out next week latest..

Quote from: Ford on Nov 23, 2023, 10:02
Yes, a quick Google sets the record straight, thanks Whirly.

Dunno why I bothered...

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Oct 26, 2023, 22:40
I was under the impression it was Ed rather than Tom
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I could be wrong but I think I saw something that I wasn't suppose to see but spoiler alert in Ed's Insta stories! 

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Spoiler
Do you mean the signed cards? I don't think that was accidental and wouldn't get my hopes up that this is an older pic of cards that were signed for the Deluxe Edition. My guess is that those cards are for the Dec. 4 event.

Finally got it!
Please log in to view this attachment.

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

@sneakerbeater damn you got a good low number :o Sweet! I don't think I'm gonna beat that. Good to know that the books are making their way home. 

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.