Remember, Remember, No Geography

Paused in Cosmic Reflection

Started by inchemwetrust, Jun 28, 2023, 08:34

Previous topic - Next topic
There is also no Kate Gibb art in it. Looking for a contact for White Rabbit customer service. This was supposed to have been the reason for the delay, they were making sure all books had the correct stuff in them
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Totally weird. The special edition is a fixed content package, no variations. Does it seem like the package was opened somehow at any point during transportation?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

No the box was taped closed and the book was shrink wrapped. Was the vinyl and Kate Gibb art inside the box the book was in the way the stickers and studio poster was or were they separate?
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023

Judging from unboxing videos I've seen they should be in the same compartment. I fear it's a case for customer support  :o
Oo-ee, bit wobbly on the old feet!

Yeah I've contacted White Rabbit customer service. Hope the reason for the original delay was these items had to be placed in the boxes and they just missed my one.
I've never spent €160 on a book, wont be doing it again!!

Quote from: gavin35 on Nov 30, 2023, 11:51
Yeah I've contacted White Rabbit customer service. Hope the reason for the original delay was these items had to be placed in the boxes and they just missed my one.
I've never spent €160 on a book, wont be doing it again!!
At this point, they should just send you a second copy 

Quote from: Stefan on Nov 30, 2023, 11:51
Here's the unboxing video:

thanks Stefan, yeah when I opened the lid on the left, it just had the stickers and studio poster. I thought there was some hidden compartment for the vinyl that I couldnt find :))

Quote from: instantreigen on Nov 30, 2023, 11:53
At this point, they should just send you a second copy
Delivered by Tom and Ed. Its only fair

Quote from: gavin35 on Nov 30, 2023, 11:54
Delivered by Tom and Ed. Its only fair

On your birthday. With a complementary birthday serenade  ;D

Quote from: instantreigen on Nov 30, 2023, 12:02
On your birthday. With a complementary birthday serenade  ;D
if that doesnt happen I'll be doing a mass burning of all my Chems records, cds, tshirts, artwork, everything.

The parcelsapp didn't even knows my package existed 🤷
no idea, no idea

Oh no, @gavin35 ! What an unfortunate turn of events, so sorry this is happening to you. Please retain all the packaging and take images if you can in case it's needed for a possible shipping claim. A reimbursement of some or all costs and a replacement would be ideal. I really hope this gets worked out for you!!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: gavin35 on Nov 30, 2023, 11:21
I received mine today but there was no vinyl with it ::hb

mine should arrive by the end of the day, but hearing this mishap is giving me major anxiety.

I hope you get it sorted out, and hopefully this is the only incident regarding the deluxe editions.
Last Edit: Nov 30, 2023, 19:05 by Bosco

Mine is now at German customs, I hope they will have mercy on me  ::)

Mine was sent DHL and is en route, and hasn't been transferred to USPS yet. I am trying to trust the process but won't lie about being a total worry wart over this!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: gavin35 on Nov 30, 2023, 11:21
I received mine today but there was no vinyl with it ::hb

Is there a secret compartment in the box where it should be? I got the stickers and the picture of the studio alright but nothing else. Is this right?
What the hell? I hope WR responds by today with a solution. Hit them up on their social media accounts and maybe they'll respond faster!

As for the 500 copies of Superflash, they should have spare copies made just in case this kind of stuff happens 

Like Bosco said, I'm now concerned as well.

As for White Rabbit...
'cues Pumishers catch phrase'
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Nov 30, 2023, 18:21
Mine was sent DHL and is en route, and hasn't been transferred to USPS yet. I am trying to trust the process but won't lie about being a total worry wart over this!
By 3pm today, it will be 2 days since the last package scan (still stuck in England)

So I'm guessing tonight I'll land in L.A. and tomorrow USPS will bring it home.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Nov 24, 2023, 16:47
One word review of the super deluxe - weighty!

Can confirm. It's a hefty chonker. Beautiful, hefty chonker :luv .

#84 is my lucky number.

Regarding the Kate Gibb print and Superflash, everything is there. I hope and keep my fingers crossed that WR can sort this out super fast for Gavin, there shouldn't be a need to refund anything, just send the missing items as fast as possible.

As for the record, it's a bit weird, because it doesn't fit the tray on my computer. The laptop is super old, maybe CD standards have changed in between?
Please log in to view this attachment.
Jokes aside, I'm dying to listen to it, but I don't even have a vinyl player :Kry
The public library  in Vienna has a vinyl listening corner and even equipment to digitize them, I might try this next week.

Oh, and there weren't any additional fees to pay.

For a second I thought you were about to cram the 7" into that laptop CD player  out of desperation :D

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Nov 30, 2023, 18:45
As for White Rabbit... 'cues Pumishers catch phrase'
When logistics and transportation
Have fallen sloppy dead
And White Rabbit is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head
Remember what the DHL mouse said
Feed your regret, Feed your regret!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)