The Brothers Gonna Work It Out

Sports !

Started by Ben_j, Oct 13, 2015, 18:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 27, 2024, 20:09
Well it's from the 1970s. 1971 I believe. It's actually a song by a French singer (surprise!); the famous Johnny Hallyday. But it was an instrumental/orchestral version which I can't find on t'internet. In this live version I think you can hear the "Rocky" style melody most clearly from the crowd, funnily enough.

Johnny Hallyday - Que je t'aime

Wow, interesting. It had to be an alternate orchestral version... I'll try and track down a recording of the opening ceremony to compare.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jul 27, 2024, 20:09
But you've seen Rocky 1, right? It's got 92% on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.1 on IMDB. Rocky is kinda low level muscle for the Mafia in the first one. Gotta be seen!

Sadly, I haven't (to my brother-in-law's detest). I've been very exposed to its legacy throughout my life and aware of its cinematic importance, I just never had the desire to watch it. Maybe this winter!

Last Edit: Jul 28, 2024, 04:24 by Bosco

Quote from: rynostar on Jul 27, 2024, 20:36
google search of the main Olympic German broadcaster resulting in ARD and ZDF. Guessed ZDF wasn't the main knowing it literally has Zwei / Two in the name
In genereal both are "main" for the olympics (and other sports like EM & WM), but they alternate every day in terms of broadcasting of these events.

Quote from: rynostar on Jul 27, 2024, 20:36
(and from watching Jan Böhmermann clips on YT for many years)
Wait, what? Didn't know he was "a thing" outisde of Germany. Ok, maybe Austria and Switzerland - but non-german speaking countrys?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 28, 2024, 13:51
Wait, what? Didn't know he was "a thing" outisde of Germany. Ok, maybe Austria and Switzerland - but non-german speaking countrys?
Kind of but not really. I was introduced to him through friends in Berlin and Munich (thank you laugengeback video). The Peter Thiel critique a few years back was hilarious. Jan has been on Seth Myers's late night show about 7 years back.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly