Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Unreleased Chemicals

• Swiper
  • Half of the brotherhood synchronized dance team
repeating my sentiment on the LA '19 recording...

Holy Sh@#t!!!!

What the hell!! I thought I had 2020 discoveries in the bag but this takes it to another level.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.

• Swiper
  • short tails
very cool! nice find

IIRC they got a cease and desist from the Beatles for doing this.
how does this work exactly for live shows.? just curious, don't know the laws about this
Eight or over.

• Freak Of The Week
  • Got Glint is not Encore material!
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1319962798047285248

Me neither Tom, me neither.
(Is this the right thread? I mean you can download it now so it's kinda released)

Hot damn! :o this is much better than what I visualized when I heard the rumors. I hope soon to hear the full set performance, if he plans on releasing it.

EDIT: 27/10
He plans on releasing the full Festival, I'm in heaven!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 2020, 20:51 by Conn6orsuper117 »  
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

• Freak Of The Week
  • Beth Orton played live at my house!
https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1319962798047285248

Me neither Tom, me neither.
(Is this the right thread? I mean you can download it now so it's kinda released)

Whirls! Get over here quick! Your about to make a trip down memory lane very soon!

One of my first raves ever attended (with,orb,underworld) but the sad fact remains that I didn't bother checking out the chemical brothers that night, and I regret it to this very day!

:o TNK was murdered I tell you! Just f'ing mind blowing in every way!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

• Freak Of The Week
  • Beth Orton played live at my house!
Some slight context:

Also up that night were the Chemical Brothers, who almost didn’t make it to the show. “I remember sitting in the box office,” says Tollett. “I didn’t have a staff, I am just doing it myself, It’s all cash. I hear that Chemical Brothers need to be picked up at the hotel pretty far away. That’s a dilemma—do you stop watching the cash or go pick up the Chemical Brothers. I chose pick up the Chemical Brothers.”

Paul Tollett
One of the promoters for Organic 96 AKA Mr.Coahella/Goldenvoice

https://starlightpr1.com/blog-detail/11003/how-organic-made-history-as-southern-californias-first-legitimate-dance-fest/
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

• The ChemBase Team
Listening back to Come With Us, I was reminded of that mysterious track that is in the Centro-Fly 2003 DJ Set. It uses the drums and bell samples from Pioneer Skies, the vocal and some drum samples from "It Began in Afrika", the "1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4" sample, that I think is used in Base 6, a bass sample from Sparks' "Tryouts for the Human Race" (or is it "Beat the Clock"?), and the "Mama say mama sa mamakossa" that was used in Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'". Does anyone remember any info on it? I always thought it could be "Here come the Drums"

EDIT: I was a bit oblivious about that, but the main drum sample is also from "Beat the Clock"

EDIT bis: Oh it is mentioned on the first post, I didn't see it, I was looking at Here come the drums

It Began in Afrika (Early Version aka Pioneer Skies Drums Version)
Heard - It Began in Afrika began as a radically different version sampling the same drums as used in Pioneer Skies. The Chems played this out at a number of DJ sets in 2001-2003 and it can be heard in a few bootlegs from that time.
Any chance Here Come The Drums could be this early version of It Began in Afrika or are we sure those are two different tracks ?
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2021, 10:41 by Ben_j »  

• Pioneer
Listening back to Come With Us, I was reminded of that mysterious track that is in the Centro-Fly 2003 DJ Set. It uses the drums and bell samples from Pioneer Skies, the vocal and some drum samples from "It Began in Afrika", the "1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4" sample, that I think is used in Base 6, a bass sample from Sparks' "Tryouts for the Human Race" (or is it "Beat the Clock"?), and the "Mama say mama sa mamakossa" that was used in Michael Jackson's "Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'". Does anyone remember any info on it? I always thought it could be "Here come the Drums"

EDIT: I was a bit oblivious about that, but the main drum sample is also from "Beat the Clock"

EDIT bis: Oh it is mentioned on the first post, I didn't see it, I was looking at Here come the drums
Any chance Here Come The Drums could be this early version of It Began in Afrika or are we sure those are two different tracks ?

Dude, this brings me back. I was at that Centro Fly DJ set. 20 years old, somehow my uncle was able to get the bouncer to walk us in past the full queue outside, pre opening of the club, while I was smoking a lit cigar (like a moron). I spent the entire set directly in front of the booth desperately trying to get the bros attention. I must've fell down on my face 4 times. I don't remember much, but I am pretty sure they played Song to the Siren and I almost died. I remember Nude Night too.

• The Boxer
He plans on releasing the full Festival, I'm in heaven!!!

Here is the full broadcast, all five hours.

https://www.bratproductions.com/audiovault/radio_recording/brat_organic96.html

He also doesn't appear to realise it was Tom who replied to him on Twitter and wished him a happy birthday.

• Freak Of The Week
  • Got Glint is not Encore material!
Here is the full broadcast, all five hours.

https://www.bratproductions.com/audiovault/radio_recording/brat_organic96.html

He also doesn't appear to realise it was Tom who replied to him on Twitter and wished him a happy birthday.
Already been up on the archive channel for months now, though I'm still pretty miffed they cut 4 tracks from the set.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

• Giant
  • trying
Dude, this brings me back. I was at that Centro Fly DJ set. 20 years old, somehow my uncle was able to get the bouncer to walk us in past the full queue outside, pre opening of the club, while I was smoking a lit cigar (like a moron). I spent the entire set directly in front of the booth desperately trying to get the bros attention. I must've fell down on my face 4 times. I don't remember much, but I am pretty sure they played Song to the Siren and I almost died. I remember Nude Night too.

This is awesome. This is the type of anecdote I'm looking for my American live/dj set Chronology thread

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,212.0.html

additionally, I know there is incomplete recording of that night out there. The forum went crazy for Koenig Cylinder's - 'Carousel' when the recording surfaced back in the day.

• Pioneer
This is awesome. This is the type of anecdote I'm looking for my American live/dj set Chronology thread
I updated that thread with a few notes from a couple of NY shows. Good stuff!

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!