What's this do? Jerk Chicken

Rock in Rio Lisboa 2018

Started by Explud, Jun 25, 2018, 12:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Snow / Surface To Air ?

Yes
Yes
Oui
Ja
Yes
Quote from: Bosco on Jun 28, 2018, 18:06

I'd rather have a signed pizza box, to be honest.
Frisbee disc will be better!
Hi Kevin!

OK. So... Dilemma.

I kind of promised I wouldn't listen to any more clips of new things until I've heard the final studio versions... but I really want to watch the stream later.

What to do, what to do...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Listen to Ben_j's later, instead?
Eight or over.

Skip the parts perhaps?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1012753518967455745

So UK & Ireland are currently on GMT +1 i.e. BST (British Summer Time). It's 18.55 as I type this.
It seems Portugal is the one mainland European country to actually be on the same time as UK & Ireland.
So Portugal's 11.30pm is also my 11.30pm. I guess that means it's 12.30am for France & Germany etc.
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Please someone record it. Maybe due to copyright some tracks will be muted after the stream

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 29, 2018, 17:56

https://twitter.com/ChemBros/status/1012753518967455745

So UK & Ireland are currently on GMT +1 i.e. BST (British Summer Time). It's 18.55 as I type this.
It seems Portugal is the one mainland European country to actually be on the same time as UK & Ireland.
So Portugal's 11.30pm is also my 11.30pm. I guess that means it's 12.30am for France & Germany etc.
Thanks! They even promote it, that's awesome. I could do this all tour long :)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Quote from: GLAKO-FAHN on Jun 29, 2018, 15:14

Listen to Ben_j's later, instead?
Quote from: Csar on Jun 29, 2018, 15:48

Skip the parts perhaps?

I was kind of hoping someone would just say "Hey. Why are you denying yourself things that you will appreciate? Just listen and have fun. The record will still be amazing and exciting when you first hear it". Alas.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

We all know abstinence is a terrible strategy in this day of age. I lasted a mere 10 hours before I caved and watched the Rockhal footage.

I'm sad to admit, romanticizing about music in the way we used to, is too cumbersome. That is unless, you truly want to seclude yourself.

Surrender to the void. Bask in the glory with your brethren.

Weaklings!

Well, I'm a weakling too, sorta. I guess I will watch it like this: when the tracks come up I don't know yet, I turn the volume down and keep enjoying the viuals as they're as amazing as the sound. Then I tune back in.

Not sure if I follow through, though...
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

I can confirm I can technically record the stream. It's not the bestest quality tough, just 720p. Not the 1080p 50fps stream with two audio tracks from Glastonbury 2015, that's for sure :(

How do you do this? I'm sitting here with my onboard win audio recorder like a feckless tool..
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

I will start rip stream with 1080p 5 mbits, but at livexlive site it's upscaled from something 720p source.
Hi Kevin!

Does anyone know the new time? Now that the schedule is all screwed up?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 29, 2018, 19:31

I was kind of hoping someone would just say "Hey. Why are you denying yourself things that you will appreciate? Just listen and have fun. The record will still be amazing and exciting when you first hear it". Alas.
Hey. Why are you denying yourself things that you will appreciate? Just listen and have fun. The record will still be amazing and exciting when you first hear it.

(I'll actually be secluding myself from any studio releases / single releases from here on out, but live versions don't count since they're usually different enough.)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 29, 2018, 20:58

(I'll actually be secluding myself from any studio releases / single releases from here on out, but live versions don't count since they're usually different enough.)

Until the full record? Or are you saying you'll never listen to Chemical 9  :o
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 29, 2018, 20:57

Does anyone know the new time? Now that the schedule is all screwed up?
Was my reply #24 no good? the tweet (which doesn't embed) has American times in the 'image' part.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jun 29, 2018, 20:58

(I'll actually be secluding myself from any studio releases / single releases from here on out, but live versions don't count since they're usually different enough.)

So you've heard EBW12 and the 3 tracks from the forthcoming EP (when's that out WN?) but you're not going to listen to any other forthcoming album tracks? Even if Chemical HQ sends you a private "promo" link to listen to the album in advance?
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 29, 2018, 21:01

Until the full record? Or are you saying you'll never listen to Chemical 9  :o
Absolutely nothing until Chemical 10. I want no spoilers.

(Yes just avoiding singles til the album comes out. It honestly hampered my enjoyment of Born in the Echoes when I'd already heard the first 3 tracks pretty much in full.)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 29, 2018, 21:07

Even if Chemical HQ sends you a private "promo" link to listen to the album in advance?
Okay, I would cave faster than light travels.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 29, 2018, 21:07

Was my reply #24 no good? the tweet (which doesn't embed) has American times in the 'image' part.

Someone was saying on Facebook that the original schedule had changed, or was screwed up.
I'll have it streaming in the background to make sure.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 29, 2018, 21:07

Even if Chemical HQ sends you a private "promo" link to listen to the album in advance?
Nope, cause this would be the whole "cake" :p

These bits and pieces is like satisfying yourself with all the cake's ingredients before it's done making.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.