Further

New album finished

Started by neorev, Sep 20, 2018, 00:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Translation:
"We play a lot of unreleased songs at the moment and even if I'm anxious to reveal them as well, it allows us to test them, even if they are then edited in the studio. But we have finally finished our new album, it should even be mixed when we land at Bercy. He is rather wild, brutal, radical but relaxed ..."

https://mobile.lesinrocks.com/2018/09/18/musique/interview-exclusive-des-chemical-brothers-avant-leur-concert-exceptionnel-laccorhotel-arena-111126227/
Last Edit: Sep 20, 2018, 00:44 by neorev

It is indeed completed according to that quote! In addition to accounts that Ed has given in an Italian interview.

In this time-frame the album could easily be out by January, this was the same case for Push The Button in 2005 with the 2004 tour leading up to the album's release, let's hope the brothers repeat that! (or release it this year god willingly)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

guess I gotta put my eye on the official site for when preorders come around
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

The news is just as beautiful in French!

"Mais nous avons enfin bientôt terminé notre nouvel album, il devrait même être mixé au moment où nous débarquerons à Bercy. Il est plutôt sauvage, brutal, radical mais détendu..."
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: neorev on Sep 20, 2018, 00:14

Translation:
"But we have finally finished our new album, it should even be mixed when we land at Bercy. He is rather wild, brutal, radical but relaxed ..."

Just make it a december to remember! Tom and Ed dressed like Santa Claus putting copies of the album under the tree. I left cerveza and burritos for them near the door.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Sep 20, 2018, 02:28

Just make it a december to remember! Tom and Ed dressed like Santa Claus putting copies of the album under the tree. I left cerveza and burritos for them near the door.

And you know I got those cookies and eggnog waiting...

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 20, 2018, 02:42

And you know I got those cookies and eggnog waiting...
and pizza & Breadsticks...
and 50 plus (100) tip... ;D
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

The translation is not very accurate. It says : "the album is about to be finished".

Quote from: Bouh on Sep 21, 2018, 15:56

The translation is not very accurate. It says : "the album is about to be finished".

True, but then it does also say that it's being mixed at the moment.

Certainly sounds like the songs are finished. It's just the final tweaking before it goes off to be mastered at The Exchange.

I'm not sure "relaxed" really fits in with those other descriptive words. We shall see...

Anyway, nice to see y'all itching for a release in time for Christmas. At the risk of being a Chritmas party pooper, I'd be surprised if Universal would move it forward, assuming the album was already planned for a 2019 release. No significant albums get released in December. The bid for Christmas success starts by November at the latest, which doesn't leave much time. Don't go holding your breath now!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Sep 21, 2018, 23:24

No significant albums get released in December.

Don't you never ever talk bad again about Mariah Carey!
no idea, no idea