Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

General Bullshit Chat (pt 2)

• Pioneer
  • Anyone seen my boat called Piku?

https://youtu.be/kYXNSeSWJqI

Got bored, made this.
Use imagination as a destination.

• Galvanizer
  • What it do?
not a sign of Schadenfreude.

Speaking of schadenfreude, several former co-workers contacted me yesterday: both the Director and Manager of I.T. at the Firm were let go. It doesn't help my situation or lessen everything I faced, but damn, it sure is some validation for my two years of concerns with our department. And I've been told the service has lacked since my departure, and now they are scrambling even more: if my exit expedited their removal, well...good.
Uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • Reining in the bots that freed themselves
I'm really sorry to hear such bad news, Satur8. Stay strong! At least, the impression I got from your posts about your job was that is was a somewhat toxic, unhealthy and grinding work environment that you now have no longer to endure.
That little bit of Schadenfreude seems warrented, especially when you tried to sound the alarms and noone from the higher-ups bothered to listen or were too stubborn to admit change was needed.
It doesn't help, though, now that you've been let go. It sucks to suffer the consequences mostly caused by others.
On the bright side, though, given the rather good job reports in the US, I believe there'might be good chances for a new position not too long down the road. Fingers crossed!
Let your heart see the colors all around you
And the darkness that you fear will disappear

• Galvanizer
  • What it do?
Thanks, Csar.

I'm almost being TOO picky about my next spot because the experience was so bad, and other opportunities are severely under the pay scale for the work and experience that is required. Essentially, I am not rushing in out of desperation (yet), especially while my head is not 100% together after the last experience. Hopefully I will find that sweet spot before it becomes an issue.

For now, I'm dealing with Unemployment Insurance (what a hassle!), a therapist, recruiters and interviews, and an attorney who is VERY interested in my case, in addition to some home projects I never had the time or energy to complete with the previous gig. So I'm not bored. LOL
Uh… everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!