What's this do? 1-2-3-4-5-6 Base!

Surrender Box Set Coming Soon

Started by inchemwetrust, Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

Previous topic - Next topic
"It's just a sense of completion at the end, which is sort of ineffable really. You can't really define it, you just know," he explains. "It's been 20 years since Surrender and we're putting out a big box set of that; we found lots of different versions of the tracks and it's really interesting to listen to them now to see what we considered to be the finished version. We've got a 20-minute version of Out of Control – we used to just make them for fun."

https://stack.com.au/music/music-interview/sonic-science-an-interview-with-the-chemical-brothers/?fbclid=IwAR2_WezTkihILjNNxWSwhQ9pTCo5hb8-Fz2skvUnjJ-MdbAB25dkMW680lI

HOLY SHIT!

I wonder if unreleased tracks will be on here as well. Very curious and hope if they made another version of let forever be, music response,etc. Im pretty sure the bsides from surrender will be on here as well. I do want a longer version of TSU! I can dream can I?

And Surrender has it's anniversary in June I think! This is gonna be huge!
Last Edit: Apr 29, 2019, 14:35 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

And how does it feel like to wake up in the sun? :-)

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Apr 29, 2019, 15:01

And how does it feel like to wake up in the sun? :-)

"Ah shit, I'm late for work"
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kid you not, last night I dreamt about asking Tom in a Q&A about whether we could get to hear some alternate versions of a track. My subconscious mind was probably stimulated by the discussion about early works of No Geography and some editing of the 2016 Q&A thread I had done before going to bed.

How much fun would it be if they released an alternate album of any of their catalogue?

Great to see Ed sitting down for interviews again and that he's in good spirits!
Last Edit: Apr 29, 2019, 16:10 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

lots of different versions of the tracks

a 20-minute version of Out of Control


Quote from: Csar on Apr 29, 2019, 15:59

How much fun would it be if they released an alternate album of any of their catalogue?

I'll try to track down the interview regarding it soon, but a more "chilled out" version of Surrender was more or less completed in 1998 - Tom and Ed are always responding against something, often against what the last album was, and it was meant to contrast against how hard Dig Your Own Hole was. They weren't satisfied with it though and Surrender became what we know now.

Second kitten killed but I guess this is why Music: Response (Live from Orinoco Studios) surfaced on the Essential Mix! Discovered while digging behind the couch!

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 29, 2019, 17:34

I'll try to track down the interview regarding it soon, but a more "chilled out" version of Surrender was more or less completed in 1998 - Tom and Ed are always responding against something, often against what the last album was, and it was meant to contrast against how hard Dig Your Own Hole was. They weren't satisfied with it though and Surrender became what we know now.

Ooh, that would be fun to read!

But even if they weren't satisfied with the all-mellow approach, you definately can hear that it influenced Surrender heavily as it is a much more complex and multi-faceted record than DYH.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

verily looking forward to this.!
Eight or over.


I'm pretty excited if this is really happening.

Would be cool to see if Kate Gibb can contribute in some way being that her artwork throughout this era is so highly praised.

I could also see Anti Nazi version of Hey Boy Hey Girl being part of this.

Good find Inchem


HOLY SHIT! SURRENDER IS MY FAVORITE ALBUM! I AM SO EXCITED THAT I HAVE TO TYPE THIS IN ALL CAPS. HOLY FUCKING SHIT! YES! GIVE ME NOW!

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 29, 2019, 21:34

Would be cool to see if Kate Gibb can contribute in some way being that her artwork throughout this era is so highly praised.

https://twitter.com/eddychemical/status/1121049719743111168
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.


Quote from: WhiteNoise on Apr 29, 2019, 17:55
I guess this is why Music: Response (Live from Orinoco Studios) surfaced on the Essential Mix! Discovered while digging behind the couch!
Was gonna say the exact same thing!!

This is so exciting!!! I wonder what other goodies they'll dig up. Hopefully lots in the vain of UTI (Mix 2)!

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 29, 2019, 22:06


Probably better represented here:

If thats announced to be included in there, I'll legit pull a 343i and buy pizza for T&E
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Apr 29, 2019, 14:26

"It's just a sense of completion at the end, which is sort of ineffable really. You can't really define it, you just know," he explains. "It's been 20 years since Surrender and we're putting out a big box set of that; we found lots of different versions of the tracks and it's really interesting to listen to them now to see what we considered to be the finished version. We've got a 20-minute version of Out of Control – we used to just make them for fun."

https://stack.com.au/music/music-interview/sonic-science-an-interview-with-the-chemical-brothers/?fbclid=IwAR2_WezTkihILjNNxWSwhQ9pTCo5hb8-Fz2skvUnjJ-MdbAB25dkMW680lI

HOLY SHIT!

I wonder if unreleased tracks will be on here as well. Very curious and hope if they made another version of let forever be, music response,etc. Im pretty sure the bsides from surrender will be on here as well. I do want a longer version of TSU! I can dream can I?

And Surrender has it's anniversary in June I think! This is gonna be huge!


Thanks so much for the heads up on this! Simply cannot wait! My ChemBros budget has well and truly taken a smashing this year but what the hey! ALL FOR A BLOODY GREAT CAUSE!! #surrender20years

And also the question is, how many versions/formats? Coloured vinyl box set? LP+CD? Cassette? Live DVD/Blu-Ray? Oh God, too many possibilities...!


This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.