Got Glint?

Whats missing?

Started by oHUTCHYo, Jul 15, 2015, 11:36

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi Guys,

So glad to see the community reunited again after the old forums were unashamedly whipped away from the fan base.  I wasn't a big poster, but a big lurker.

Anywhoo, very excited for Born in the Echoes, as are we all.  My question is however, are we missing any tracks from the album which we expected?  Over the past few years we've seen various oddities in their sets which we expected to be the next EBW or EP.  For example - whatever did happen to Superflash?  It was never released as far as I know, why isn't it on the album?  Are any other tracks strangely absent?  I can recall another video from a live set with the animals in the supporting effects video.

I'd love to see another B-sides part 2!

This one :

Could be Direct Buki though...

"Freak Freak Y'all, Feel the beat Y'all". Could be Direct Buki though... :-\
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Pumisher's Erection Song also
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

Superflash looks like it's only for club play for the bros. Same goes for C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L.

God knows how many tracks got left out or discarded from 'Echoes'.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: oHUTCHYo on Jul 15, 2015, 11:36

Hi Guys,

So glad to see the community reunited again after the old forums were unashamedly whipped away from the fan base.  I wasn't a big poster, but a big lurker.

Anywhoo, very excited for Born in the Echoes, as are we all.  My question is however, are we missing any tracks from the album which we expected?  Over the past few years we've seen various oddities in their sets which we expected to be the next EBW or EP.  For example - whatever did happen to Superflash?  It was never released as far as I know, why isn't it on the album?  Are any other tracks strangely absent?  I can recall another video from a live set with the animals in the supporting effects video.

I'd love to see another B-sides part 2!

The one with the animals was "Problem/Question" it was supposed to be EBW 8 but it was shelved because of bassline problems. It would've been cool to see on BITE along with Superflash, but the Chems stated Superflash was already released on Don't Think, which meant they would keep it as a live only track, along with C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L., and the fate of PQ is unknown
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

I can see why Superflash never got onto any album. It's not a track that is entirely finished but still great. That said, it would make a fine Battle Weapon, better than track 1 from BITE in that regard.

Yes, Problem Question!! Man, I've been wanting this for years now. It has such a great synth lead melody. I honestly don't care if they solved the bassline problem, release it for god's sake, would ya?! I need that melody, please!!!

Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 19:50 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 15, 2015, 19:46

I can see why Superflash never got onto any album. It's not a track that is entirely finished but still great. That said, it would make a fine Battle Weapon, better than track 1 from BITE in that regard.

If you go to that DJ set they did (the one with the red bull logo) you can hear its entirety if you can block out the incoming track that fades in. But the ending of Superflash is beautiful I tell you. It has EBW written all over it.

EDIT: I cant find that vid!!!Taken down perhaps?
Last Edit: Jul 15, 2015, 20:31 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jul 15, 2015, 20:25

If you go to that DJ set they did (the one with the red bull logo) you can hear its entirety if you can block out the incoming track that fades in. But the ending of Superflash is beautiful I tell you. It has EBW written all over it.

Hm, I thought the Don't Think release showcased the whole song already? Well, it is a beautiful track and I love it for what it is. The vocals, the ever so thrilling build-up to its peak is just brilliant. But it doesn't sound like album material to me. You know, that type of tracks that are often glued together on Chems records Maybe I should look up this particualr DJ set.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 15, 2015, 20:41

I'm quoting so that we have two Emmas.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

That look. THAT LOOK.
— Aurora (The Seed)

What is this from? The Bling Ring?
Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 16, 2015, 09:23

IT'S MORNING TIME!

yes (not sofias best work imo)
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jul 16, 2015, 13:58

yes (not sofias best work imo)

Nope.

I really liked Somewhere. I'm always on board with a daddy daughter story.

Somewhere was a good watch, although i don't understand why Bunny the Lifeguard is in there

no idea, no idea

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 15, 2015, 12:20

"Freak Freak Y'all, Feel the beat Y'all". Could be Direct Buki though... :-\

I bet you are talking about the song in the beggining of this video, right?
It is actually a mash-up of Alkalino's "Push The Beat" and  LL Cool J's "Feel The Beat".

Just get yourself high.

Quote from: thg on Jul 16, 2015, 15:19

I bet you are talking about the song in the beggining of this video, right?
It is actually a mash-up of Alkalino's "Push The Beat" and  LL Cool J's "Feel The Beat".

Yeah same vocal sample but the rest of the track was different.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Skyscraper on Jul 16, 2015, 15:24

Yeah same vocal sample but the rest of the track was different.

The instrumental part is "Push The Beat" by Alkalino which in turn is a remix/edit of "Bush Beat" by Prince Charles & The City Beat Band.

http://classic.beatport.com/track/push-the-beat-original-mix/6435872

Just get yourself high.