Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Radiate

• Freak Of The Week
  • Tutti frutti, Automatic bazooti
This track is absolutely consuming me right now. For some reason it's taking me back to my childhood and I keep seeing mental images of over the top 80's Fantasy movies like Legend, The Dark Crystal, and Labyrinth.

time warp back to my childhood...

this is getting emotional...

damn
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2015, 18:52 by B »  

• The ChemBase Team
I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. It's stunningly beautiful. It reminds me so much of early Spiritualized (which is near and dear to my heart) yet echoes the sleepier, dreamier, melodic side of the Chems.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

• Freak Of The Week
I think I might have pinpointed some similarities

2:18  White noise guitar build :

2:52 (which just gets me every time):

Dropping that high pitched  Vangelis-esque synth on us.  Perhaps coming from a Yamaha cs-80 (Vangelis favorite)? I believe it was mention in a BITE article they used "antiquated" instruments/sounds/synths.  I don't know, this is totally over my head, I know very little in the technical aspect of music.

Just a completely enchanting track. Love it.

Now revisiting  early work of Spiritualized, thanks for that Whirly.

• Pioneer
  • HUW IS INNOCENT
Tbh it sounds like it could've been in Further, probably after Swoon or something like that. It sounds very reminiscent of Snow and Wonders Of The Deep (not just because of Tom's vocals on the latter :3)

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • We've come a long way, baby!
That CS-80, holy mother of love, this is a fecking monster! I love that sound. It Radiates analogue epicness! Just like the song :)
Pie-chart music. That's what I have for dessert.

• Galvanizer
  • Anyone with a copy of Velodrome?
I have to rethink one my votes because Radiate is becoming a huggable track. It shouldve brought closure to the album imo. there's an emotion to it that evokes alot of contentment in the moment i'm listening.

'sets morning alarm to track 10'

time warp back to my childhood...

I had images of the playground as a kid and going to school. it felt good man! Gotta be played on mondays, because, you know, we all go back to work on mondays.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2015, 04:34 by inchemwetrust »  
When rain....comes down....like tears...like tears

• The ChemBase Team
I've been traveling all weekend, a couple of the times listening to Radiate while driving I have looked over at my misses and she has had tears streaming down her face, not quite sure why the tears, but she is madly in love with this track. I kinda live it too.

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
I've been traveling all weekend, a couple of the times listening to Radiate while driving I have looked over at my misses and she has had tears streaming down her face, not quite sure why the tears, but she is madly in love with this track. I kinda live it too.
That track can do that.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2015, 07:58 by Csar »  

• Freak Of The Week
I just finished watching the docu-series Defiant Ones on HBO and this stuck out like a sore thumb when it was played in the background:

I was convinced, before doing some research, this was an un-credited, alternate version of Radiate.

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
I'd really like to listen to it but YT tells me the video is not available.

• The Boxer
Nice!! I totally hear it.

Interesting to hear something by Atticus Ross without Trent Reznor--he seems to be an integral component to Trent Reznor's work. Always impressive to hear score produced like this.

• Freak Of The Week
I'd really like to listen to it but YT tells me the video is not available.

Unfortunately, that's the only youtube link I can find for the song. The best way I could describe it is a very slowed down version of the intro for Radiate.

I really recommend this series, you guys. Dr. Dre is one cool human being and Jimmy Iovine, who I've never heard of before this documentary, have some awesome musical history.

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!