Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
I was looking forward to new Silent Hill, didn't know it got canceled
damn...

I used to have so much fun with this one, no doubt new game will be awesome:

I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 08, 2015, 22:25

Who here is playing the Star Wars BattleFront beta ? (Add me on Origin : benjisbrk)

I quickly tried the game earlier. Only tried the first mode (a kind of king of the hill), which was not the most exciting. For now it's a pretty basic shooter game BUT :
- It's frickin' Star Wars !
- The work they did on textures is incredible. Best looking rocks I've ever seen
- IT'S STAR WARS !

I'm looking forward to try the battle on Hoth, with X-Wing and Tie Fighters

I am, and man, what a beautiful experience, it nails the Star Wars feels. The visuals, the sound design and the gameplay are awesome. It can be repetitive for some time, but it is fun. The only downside it is that the rebels on walker assault never win a single game, it is frustrating to coordinate all the players to defense to destroy the AT ATs, but hey the people learn at some point, drop zone it is fun too and survival also. I will add you BenJ, perhaps we can get a win for the rebels at least once  ;D.

Wow, The Last time i touched a star wars game, was when Shadows of the Empire was out for the N64... then before that was super star wars. :-[

Currently enjoying Heart of Stone expansion for Witcher 3, amazing expansion for amazing game!

Just started Assassin's Creed Syndicate. I'll let you judge how it went :

Today I played a few hours of AC-S and I'm having fun, despite few bugs here and there, but nothing so game-breaking as unity's ridiculous draw call problem.
Also I'm playing Fallout 4 at the moment, although it looks like crap for a AAA title (but to be fair, everything looks like crap after Witcher), game is loaded with things to do, fun side quests,  and building settlements is occupying most of my playtime.

Another funny glitch that I had

Yeah, I'm liking AC Syndicate. It still has many of the problems that every AC has had for a few years now (flawed narration, glitches, etc) but London is magnificent. I still like Paris from AC Unity more but that might only be because I know the real Paris much better. One thing you can't deny is that they always did a great job creating beautiful cities, faithful to the real thing.

I haven't got a chance to play Fallout 4 yet, but it's looking pretty cool! I'm a huge fan of Bethesda's games, but I wasn't really excited for this one cause I didn't like Skyrim that much. But now that the game's out and I've gotten a chance to see it in action I'm a little more hopeful. What does anyone here who's played the game think of it?
The devil is in the details

Well, I'm not a huge fan of Fallout 3 or 4, for that matter, I loved first two parts, for their black humor and weird characters, something that's been lost with 3D fallouts
But 4, despite having uninteresting story and not-so-great characters, is fun in other ways, like building settlements for your fraction, exploring is always interesting in post-apocalyptic world, but it's not even close to New Vegas quality (which was done by folks that worked on original fallout). Brotherhood of steel makes a comeback in style, one of the first thing you get is power armor, something you had to bleed for in previous installments. It can be upgraded, modded, together with weapons and other armor.
Map is unusually small and it seems to me that this is the smallest Fallout ever.  Bottom line, I'm still playing it and, despite those 'flaws' I mentioned,  I'm having fun with it.
There is something in traversing wasteland while listening 'In the Hall of Mountain King' on your radio...  :)

Star Wars: Battlefront. What's the verdict?

I see lots and lots of people playing it. But I've also read lots of disappointing reviews of it and I'm trying to decide if it's worth my money and time. There are only 4 maps right? And you're very rarely a hero? And you have to pay for the season pass because they rush released it and it's not really a full game yet?

I have the whole of Arkham Knight to play when I get back to the UK next weekend. So I'm covered for intensely decent gameplay for the holiday period at least.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Nope nope nope nope nope. Fuck you Square Enix. This is everything I feared this would be ! Awful chara design, story and tone absolutely not suitable for a more realistic setting... And the battle system ! FFS, if you remove the battle system to FF7 it loses all its interest...

Square manages to screw things up yet again... Is there anything they can't fuck up?
So what, we now have FF7 that is like Lightning returns or upcoming FFXV?
Amazing...

Finished Dead Space a couple of minutes ago. Have to say that the boss at the end was too easy compared to the rest of the game.
no idea, no idea

Rise Of The Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat X on the Xbox One.

TR is really good, great successor to the last TR. For MKX I'm not really sure if like it or not. I'd loved the 2010 version on the 360, but this here - I don't think it is as good (ok it's better than MK vs DC, but honestly that is not a task).

After finishing Tomb Raider i think I might try Ori And The Blind Forest, what I've seen so far really impresses me and looks gorgeous.
no idea, no idea

I'm really looking forward to new Tomb Raider for PC, it's one of the few things in last years Square did right (or not, if you ask fans of previous TR installments)
I'm glad you liked it, it's a good sign, methinks :D

Team Fortress 2, now and forever
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

For my vintage gaming night  ;D
Does anyone remember this?

Quote from: sandelic on Jan 14, 2016, 11:11
it's one of the few things in last years Square did right (or not, if you ask fans of previous TR installments
I played legend, anniversary and underworld before (and back in the days the demo of the first tomb raider), and me thinks the new ones are definitely better
no idea, no idea

Well, my friends, who are fans of old TR say that game is not bad, far from it, it's just not jump-on-platform-rotate-camera-find-switch style of game, and they call it Uncharted with female character as main protagonist
I myself was never fan of old TB, it was pretty boring to me, but I can understand where they come from, I feel pretty much same about Fallout, for example