F#cking Excellent Acid House

Hanna: For Your Consideration (Best Original Score)

Started by neorev, Dec 15, 2019, 07:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Never heard of this before, but now I want to hear that 5 minute version of Container Park.

Have it in 320 MP3 only
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: neorev on Dec 15, 2019, 07:10

Anyone got a lossless copy of this? Sadly never shows up on Discogs.

No, I'm the same as Sneaker. This got discussed on the old version of the forum which you can find under Archive right here on the Chembase. Under the "Chemcial Talk" board if you jump back 6 pages from the front, about half way down you'll find a Hanna thread.
Spoiler

Jumping to the last post (by me!) there gives you a 404 error. But if you select the little "44" page number or select the thread and then go to the last page, you will find a post by a well known forumite sharing all the bits that are different from the commercial CD in MP3 format. And that sends you to this Mediafire link which seems to still work.

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 15, 2019, 10:59

Never heard of this before, but now I want to hear that 5 minute version of Container Park.
Well you're on that old thread. Unless it was a different Stefan?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Nope, that was me. Thanks for reminding me that I forget abouth things  ;D
I did not find the files on my computer however, so maybe they were lost somehow when I changed computers years ago.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 15, 2019, 13:39

No, I'm the same as Sneaker. This got discussed on the old version of the forum which you can find under Archive right here on the Chembase. Under the "Chemcial Talk" board if you jump back 6 pages from the front, about half way down you'll find a Hanna thread.
Spoiler

Jumping to the last post (by me!) there gives you a 404 error. But if you select the little "44" page number or select the thread and then go to the last page, you will find a post by a well known forumite sharing all the bits that are different from the commercial CD in MP3 format. And that sends you to this Mediafire link which seems to still work.

The version from Discogs is different to the one from the old forum.
no idea, no idea

Very cool item, really want this. It must be a promo piece send out by the movie studio to various voter groups for award season. I guess Very hard to get hold off. Kudos for the one who has "wink"

Quote from: Joslyn on Dec 19, 2019, 07:46
Very cool item, really want this. It must be a promo piece send out by the movie studio to various voter groups for award season. I guess Very hard to get hold off. Kudos for the one who has "wink"

I think I've only ever seen it once, and it sold for close to $500.

There's one that just popped up on Discogs for the first time ever. I was thinking about putting an offer on it, but after the festivals this past summer, I should probably wait a bit. Still cool to know its definitely out there and not just some fever dream.

https://www.discogs.com/release/10319904-The-Chemical-Brothers-Hanna-For-Your-Consideration-Best-Original-Score

Quote from: neorev on Dec 15, 2019, 18:26
Anyone wanna share them feisty MP3s?
Quote from: ThePumisher on Dec 15, 2019, 21:42
The version from Discogs is different to the one from the old forum.

I think there's only one For Your Consideration release, the old discogs one maybe tied to the US promo CD which features slightly different mixing than the commercial CD but otherwise is the exact same music (it has a cover of Hanna, Marissa, and Erik). The For Your Consideration features the movie versions and is just a red cover with text. It appears to be a genuine CD, as someone added scans of the disc and the backside.

I remember the 320 mp3s that leaked years ago were deliberately messed with. They were deliberately cut off at a 32.000kHz frequency or something by the original uploader on FFshrine like a decade ago, and then upsampled back to 44.

So I guess the only way to have a pure version of the film cues is with the For Your Consideration CD. I asked the seller on Discogs for a sample track and its legit lossless and 44. I offered to buy an FLAC rip but so far no word back.

That price is insane. Seller has more 'For your consideration' soundtracks for sale but the Hanna 2x more expensive as others. The Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross soundtracks for Mank and Soul are also interesting and expensive. Someone is trying to earn the big bucks  :D

Maybe I can help some brothers & sisters out. The copy on discogs is my copy, except the new scans someone added recently and replaced them with mine.

Dm me and I'll see what I can do in the next couple of weeks. 

I set something up. Send me a DM if you are interested.