You Always Get Me Up When I'm Down

2015 - Le Cabaret Vert, France

Started by The Bloke, Aug 02, 2015, 13:48

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm going to the Cabaret Vert festival in Charleville-Mézières (France) with a friend of mine. It will be a festival set so 1 hour and a half and probably no Reel but still exciting.

Anybody else going ?
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 15:42 by Csar

Going live in around 6 hours, 0:10 French time. Maboul/Bloke pointed out that some of the shows are being broadcast on TV and possibly online, The Chems show might be one of them.

Mon Francais est tres merde, can someone French speaking check if they are: http://cabaretvert.com/live-festival/

EDIT: I think I found a schedule and it looks like the answer is no, they're showing other artists.

EDIT AGAIN: They were showing Jurassic 5 behind the scenes between shows and that's the Acid Children clown on one of the screens to the side:

I guess that's as close as we get!
Last Edit: Aug 21, 2015, 16:17 by WhiteNoise
Never for money, always for love.

Notice the electricity cut at the very end. That must be frightening to experience something like this.
And by the way, EDM kiddos, that's what I call a DROP!

Last Edit: Aug 23, 2015, 20:48 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

That's brutal ! And during EML Ritual :(

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 24, 2015, 13:08

That's brutal ! And during EML Ritual :(

Oh.. Ouch. I can't imagine what that must've felt like for Tom and Adam. Glad they trooped onward and didn't let that slow their roll.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

According to Chrisman there were not one but several power outages  :-\

So, as I said in the facebook group, the sound went off twice during EML Ritual, but fortunately it eventually went back and they played the full festival set. They mentioned these breakdowns on twitter :
Quote from: ChemBros
A few electricity problems with the @CabaretVert sound system but they managed to get the power back on in the end.thanks for staying with us
Quote from: ChemBros
Thanks to everyone for staying @CabaretVert - a great crowd ,a good festival but a bad generator!!

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 28, 2015, 12:44

According to Chrisman there were not one but several power outages  :-\

Two. And apparently it also happened during Paul Kalkbrenner's set the day before.

This is them picking up after the bursted generator :music

Check out the performance of I'll See You There:

This song is so amazing!

Quote from: KNE on Sep 05, 2015, 22:21

This is them picking up after the bursted generator :music

This was after the first breakdown. There was another breakdown during EML Ritual, after which they started directly with Do It Again.

Quote from: The Bloke on Sep 06, 2015, 20:02

This was after the first breakdown. There was another breakdown during EML Ritual, after which they started directly with Do It Again.
So they actually had two breakdowns around EML Ritual? Because in the video they just start playing it. Does this mean the totally skipped EML then? Because the second breakdown is about to come up about 1-2 minutes later when the huge first peak drops.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

EML is just too powerful to play with inadequate power supply.