But Now I Think I See the Light

I am old, and yet a n00b.

Started by DJ Muse, Nov 13, 2020, 02:36

Previous topic - Next topic
I tried posting on the "intro" thread but that was a fail.

Does anyone remember the old mailing list from a million years ago? I remember meeting a girl who played cello and a guy in Vancouver (he kindly let me crash at his place and was a perfect gentleman) who threw a party where we both played records, and I have a picture of him somewhere from that night. These was some guy I married and then divorced (loooong story) and the last person I saw from the list was a guy I met in Boston after the mailing list was no more. There's also some guy named Franz who was obnoxious, but in retrospect, was just a no bullshit stoner kind of guy.

Been a fan since I found DYOH at a record store the same day I bought Fatboy Slim's "Everybody Needs a 303" on vinyl. Mind blown, even after already having listened to a lot of electronic music.

Did I mention I'm old and the world has changed a lot since I got my copy of "Loops of Fury"?

Howdy, kids.

"There she goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

I am not old enough to have been able to reach that coveted mailing-list status.

Perhaps Whirlygirl might have an idea...

^ definitely whirlygirl..i joined up only around 2001.. =]

welcome to the new forum!
Eight or over.

I just went down the rabbit hole of the old archived board...oh god...I forgot about so much of our history...even just some of the names...C-Row, iguanapunk, Thor_Satyr, Jeanie....pinkshoes...can't keep track of who changed names...

I remember the come with us 2001 era sliding front end website...still scared to post in those days...20  years later...why am i still here???
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Nov 16, 2020, 06:45

I remember the come with us 2001 era sliding front end website...

One of my fondest internet memories. I wasn't sure if I was on the right website when I first got there, because Star Guitar seemed so different to everything I had consumed of theirs up to that point. But then I heard the song, and spent A LOT of time staring at that Kate Gibb background. Beautiful.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

That really was the best iteration of all of the Chems website designs.

Damn it was smooth, psychedelic and shnazzy.

hard to argue against that. a rare example of flash done right
Eight or over.