Forum > Music: Response

Come With Us (XDUST5)

<< < (2/8) > >>

Enjoyed:

--- Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 28, 2021, 19:12 ---Especially Tomb Raider Galaxy Bounce

--- End quote ---

Csar:
Hm, tough to choose just two tracks from this great album. I went with The Test (as I can never really skip that whenever it pops up) and My Elastic Eye. The latter is a hidden gem in my opinion. The vocals,drums, and the Tic Tac Nocturne sample just go so well together.
Galaxy Bounce is a close third (esp. its Tomb Raider version like you guys mentioned, that intro!!!). It's an effing funky banger.

Note to pollster: Where's EBW 5?!?

ThePumisher:

--- Quote from: Csar on Jan 29, 2021, 10:33 ---Note to pollster: Where's EBW 5?!?

--- End quote ---
Was thinking about including this or not, went with not because the difference between EBW5 and Afrikakakakakakakakakakakaka is in my opinion not big enough. Same with the two Galaxy Bounces. EBW6 and Hoops differ more.

--- Quote from: Csar on Jan 29, 2021, 10:33 ---Hm, tough to choose just two tracks from this great album.

--- End quote ---
Yes, i'm totally with you. But if you could only choose one i think most went with SG, and more (or even the complete album as one answer like Conn6orsuper117 requested) answers would be to easy. I voted for SG and HAR1 and wished i could also vote for CWU, Test, Hoops & PS - but it's not possible so i had to made some tough decisions.

satur8:

--- Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 28, 2021, 19:12 ---Galaxy Bounce and Hot Acid Rhythm 1

Especially Tomb Raider Galaxy Bounce
--- End quote ---

I had my mouse hovering over both, but for me personally, Star Guitar and EBW6 define that era. But yeah, I was sorry to see the style of tracks like Galaxy Bounce and Hot Acid Rhythm 1 fade away.

Bosco:
Am I wrong thinking it probably should be noted that 'Come With Us' (the album) was an end of the era  for a lot of fans? I remember it being the ugly duckling of the bunch when in comparison to first three albums. Accepted, but not nearly favorited by the masses. By the time 'Push The Button' came, it felt like a new era was born and a lot of old Chemical Brother fans jumped ship.

It's hard to fathom this album is nearly 20 years old. Apart from Star Guitar, really wish it wasn't neglected from live setlists.

BTW, I picked Star Guitar & Hoops

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version