What's this do? The Brothers Gonna Work It Out

Record Store Day 2021

Started by JRSZ, Apr 07, 2021, 17:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Now that the TDTYF single is out, which side do you prefer?

Side A: The Darkness That You Fear  
2 (13.3%)
Side B: Work Energy Principle
5 (33.3%)
They're both great tracks in their own way
7 (46.7%)
Neither
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Just got home from the record store!! I managed to grab a copy, and I ripped WEP immediately! I don't know if it is against the rules to post my rip here, but if anyone wants it shoot me a DM here or on instagram! ;)
Love is all

Got mine. No card for digital download  :(


no idea, no idea

RSD pickup time!!!



RSD exclusives:
The Darkness That You Fear (obviously)

Other purchases:
The Prodigy - Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned
The Chemical Brothers - No Geography
Kraftwerk - Tour de France
Pet Shop Boys - Actually (Further listening 1987-1988)

My local record store had three copies of TDTYF, so I'm quite pleased that I got one!  :)
Last Edit: Jun 12, 2021, 17:02 by gpro2005
Rain is pouring down
In our landlocked town
Skies are always grey
Let's go surfing, babe

Got one too ! As well as a copy of C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L that the shop had left from 2017

Loving this. 8.46 long. Feels more like an EBW than EBW11 did for me.
The bit around 2.20 to 2.40 I think is "new" compared to what we heard in 2019.

I think there may be some additional Chemical FX sprinkled on the track compared to 2019. Or maybe I'm just listening harder.
Lost in music.  :music
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Quote from: gpro2005 on Jun 12, 2021, 10:17

RSD pickup time!!!



RSD exclusives:
The Darkness That You Fear (obviously)

Other purchases:
The Prodigy - Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned
The Chemical Brothers - No Geography
Kraftwerk - Tour de France
Pet Shop Boys - Actually (Further listening 1987-1988)

My local record store had three copies of TDTYF, so I'm quite pleased that I got one!  :)

Finally some love for the AONO album, Imo the strongest poing of it is that it's different.
But daaamn, Action Radar, Girls, Memphis Bells, Hotride... Great tracks
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Got my email this morning! In 4 short hours, I'll have my copy that's on hold! :)

Happy that you guys got your copies!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jun 12, 2021, 10:59

Loving this. 8.46 long. Feels more like an EBW than EBW11 did for me.
The bit around 2.20 to 2.40 I think is "new" compared to what we heard in 2019.

I think there may be some additional Chemical FX sprinkled on the track compared to 2019. Or maybe I'm just listening harder.
Lost in music.  :music

Yes definitely a new part added before the first break, and some FXs here and there. It's a beast of a track ! Reminds me of Clip Kiss and H.I.A.


Sadly, no etching :(
Last Edit: Jun 12, 2021, 13:46 by Ben_j

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 12, 2021, 08:10

^This

Always kinda bummed out that RSD is only for the Vinyl enthusiasts. I'd wait in line to get a single CD.

Well, it's not Compact Disc Store Day for a reason. ;-)

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 12, 2021, 12:16

I'll have my copy that's on hold! :)

On hold!? Nice.
I'm currently in a line that snakes 3 sides around a 2 block rectangle. I'm down the road from the record store facing away from it! Actually getting kinda worried that I won't get a copy!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

My neighborhood store that I've been digging at for over 20 years held a copy for me!  Not sure how many that received, but there were no other copies at 9am (they opened at 8).  Warpaint Weatherall mixes were gone (they only got 2 or 3 of those).  I laughed when I saw Tomb Raider was over $50.  Picked up Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin Companion, Toots - Funky Kingston, Incredible Bongo Band, & The Avalanches - SILY reissue on cd (2nd disc of bonus material - yay!). 

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jun 12, 2021, 14:52

My neighborhood store that I've been digging at for over 20 years held a copy for me!  Not sure how many that received, but there were no other copies at 9am (they opened at 8).  Warpaint Weatherall mixes were gone (they only got 2 or 3 of those).  I laughed when I saw Tomb Raider was over $50.  Picked up Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin Companion, Toots - Funky Kingston, Incredible Bongo Band, & The Avalanches - SILY reissue on cd (2nd disc of bonus material - yay!).

LOL at eight am turning into an emoji.

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jun 12, 2021, 14:52

The Avalanches - SILY reissue on cd (2nd disc of bonus material - yay!).

Thinking of grabbing this too. The second disc is a mix on the CD right? I'd love a full unedited version of that delicious Leon Vynehall remix but I'm also interested to hear it in the context of a nice mix. It'd also be nice to have the original album on CD for the car (my og copy is back in the UK in my old bedroom :()
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I canceled my RSD plans once I got word that TDTYF wasn't on the list for my record store. I was really bummed cause they seemed to get just about everything else.

That being said I snagged the last reasonably marked up listing up on eBay that I came across early this morning. So while I'm a bit miffed I won't be celebrating my score in the correct way, I'm happy I didn't have to get up early and drive a couple towns over to get to the place.

Nice gets guys!

@BornInPlanetDust, like your picks. Was intending to try and score Funky Kingston if I made the trip too. And jealous of Incredible Bongo Band!

What other releases did you all get? In addition to TDTYF I also got Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice on Picture Disc, Crooked Machine, and those Location Sessions by Twenty One Pilots hehe
Love is all

I really like it, it's like the more mellow version of EBW's.
Somehow reminds me of Das Spiegel's EBW brother
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Jun 12, 2021, 14:27

Well, it's not Compact Disc Store Day for a reason. ;-)
I got to ask, in what way is a CD not a record?


Great to read that the impressions of EWP :D
8:46 sounds great, the song during the DJ set in 2019 was 7:00, so there's even more!


First time doing RSD. Took my 4 year old daughter and we made a morning of it. Got lucky and picked up TDTYF. We also got Air: People in the City, and Sublime meets Scientist & Mad Professor: Inna L.B.C.

Gladly picked up the one and only copy in the one and only RSD record store that was open this morning when I was out and about. The yellow edge of the cover immediately caught my eye between all the other ones and I knew it had to be it!! What a satisfying feeling to hold this pretty thing in hands. Good price also, I'm happy all around.

I'm listening to my digitized version right now (wink wink) and am loving what I hear. A great B side and a more than worthy EBW if it were one! A club banger for sure.

There are no etchings on the vinyl except for the usual "Mike at the Exchange" one.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.