What's this do? Get Up On It Like This

[tour 2022]2022 Live Shows (the year live music gets revived!)

Started by Csar, May 25, 2021, 18:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Stefan on Jun 17, 2022, 18:33

Spoiler
They've had BRB as closing song for so long that it seems strange it's spot was switched.
However, it's DYOH 25 anniversary and BRB is the opening song there, so it would kinda make sense?

I wonder what caused your suspicion? I've only seen short clips of BRB where it is impossible to guess its place in the setlist.
[close]

Spoiler
the video here feels like they only *just* started playing, and then there's other videos that show a weird sequence of events that seem to imply they transitioned into go




https://www.tiktok.com/@vittorio_76/video/7110113044558056710?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc
[close]

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 17, 2022, 18:34

I hear "I feel like I'm dreaming"
The source of the sample seems plausible. Good find Wolkenkrabber!

it is "I feel like I'm dreaming" btw!
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Spoiler

First proper look at some new visuals! Appears to be the end of the "Woo Track" (with a clear segue into HBHG - incl another clip where these figures were drumming along to the intro on the side screens), and Smith+Lyall filmed at least one person gesticulating wildly to it so I'll call it a win.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

These effing social media sites get on my nerves. On twitter I can't enlarge images anymore and get redirected once I click twice and Instagram is the most annoying of them all not letting me see anything but the timeline unless logged in.

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 17, 2022, 15:23

Definitely EV visuals. The balloons look yellow/orange/pink/red, while for Saturate they were yellow/green, so it's not just ballons leftover from a previous song.
I believe they are the same and it's the lights that change their hue.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Quote from: hstn on Jun 17, 2022, 18:35

Spoiler
the video here feels like they only *just* started playing, and then there's other videos that show a weird sequence of events that seem to imply they transitioned into go




https://www.tiktok.com/@vittorio_76/video/7110113044558056710?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc
[close]

it is "I feel like I'm dreaming" btw!

My suspicions are correct it seems https://www.elcorreogallego.es/santiago/c-tangana-the-chemical-brothers-y-foals-responden-a-las-expectacivas-en-la-primera-jornada-de-o-son-do-camino-CA11448864
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Quote from: Stefan on Jun 17, 2022, 18:34

I hear "I feel like I'm dreaming"
The source of the sample seems plausible. Good find Wolkenkrabber!

Quote from: hstn on Jun 17, 2022, 18:35

it is "I feel like I'm dreaming" btw!
Heh and yet I must admit I can't hear Loleatta singing that line in the track I posted. But y'know even when I heard that vocal on the Printworks footage I thought it sounded like Loleatta...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote from: hstn on Jun 17, 2022, 18:35

Spoiler
the video here feels like they only *just* started playing, and then there's other videos that show a weird sequence of events that seem to imply they transitioned into go




https://www.tiktok.com/@vittorio_76/video/7110113044558056710?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah your logic makes sense. The crowd isn't "warmed up" yet in that footage. Also it seems to be a new (longer?) version of BRB! It feels weird not to have it as a crowd-pleasing end-of-night track
[close]


Quote from: Champiness on Jun 17, 2022, 18:57


Spoiler

First proper look at some new visuals! Appears to be the end of the "Woo Track" (with a clear segue into HBHG - incl another clip where these figures were drumming along to the intro on the side screens), and Smith+Lyall filmed at least one person gesticulating wildly to it so I'll call it a win.
[close]

Spoiler
Ah yes. I saw the flag waving/drumming visuals segueing into HBHG and couldn't figure out what it was. Of course it's "Woo" aka No Reason.
[close]

So at this point we know there are a couple of new tunes in the live set.


Quote from: Csar on Jun 17, 2022, 19:10

These effing social media sites get on my nerves. On twitter I can't enlarge images anymore and get redirected once I click twice and Instagram is the most annoying of them all not letting me see anything but the timeline unless logged in.

Ha! On twitter have you tried right-clicking the image (on PC) and opening in a new tab? Works for me in Firefox. On Insta (again using Firefox) once I'm logged into Insta the first time, it always seems to remember me after that.

Quote from: Csar on Jun 17, 2022, 19:10

I believe they are the same and it's the lights that change their hue.
That's a bold claim. I can't see any green balloons from last night, but I guess we'll see more pics/videos soon enough. Sonar is tomorrow.
Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Quote from: Champiness on Jun 17, 2022, 18:57
First proper look at some new visuals! Appears to be the end of the "Woo Track" (with a clear segue into HBHG - incl another clip where these figures were drumming along to the intro on the side screens), and Smith+Lyall filmed at least one person gesticulating wildly to it so I'll call it a win.
LMAO I remember that comment, and it would appear you are right! I really, really like the neon marching band look for NRTL, although we've only seen the one bit with the flag guy and the drummers for HBHG intro. I really like the way they transitioned the two, and I also think it's just so cool that they decided to pair those two together - like, one of their old, most popular, classic tracks, mixed with this new, mysterious, awesome track; it's really cool, I think.

Also, BRB being the opener is an interesting choice, I like how it reflects the album itself but I kinda preferred it as a closer and some of the other songs as an opener. The perfect, perfect opener to me though, would have been WDIB - imagine, instead of the Tomorrow Never Knows guitar, its the Where Do I Begin guitar, and then the vocals kick in, and it goes crazy. It would have been a perfect commemoration for the DYOH anniversary. 

Here's hoping tomorrow will bring some more new clips of sick stuff!
Just here to further fuel my obsession with the Chems

BRB has been at the end of their show for, how long now? It's indeed a brand new show if they made a change here  :)


Spoiler

NEW TRACK @2:30


[close]

Sounds monsterous! Can't make out the male vocal at the end
Last Edit: Jun 18, 2022, 23:30 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Setlist: courtesy of Brian Dub (insta)

Spoiler

Spoiler setlist


Block Rockin Beats
Song to the Siren
C.H.E.M.I.C.A.L.
MAW
New - Neon drum Troupe
HBHG
Eve of Destruction
Chemical Beats
New -Feel like I'm Dreaming
UYI/ Get Up On It vocal
DYOH new outro
Setting Sun vocal synth popping (New?)
Got To keep On
New intro/ Wide Open
No Geography vocal intro/ EV
Free Yourself (new version/Hoops)
EML beat (Tuba granddad)
OOC/Do it again
Temptation/ Star Guitar
Swoon
Galvanize







[close]
Last Edit: Jun 19, 2022, 03:06 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Spoiler
That... certainly is the promised changeup, setlist-wise.
Although it might not be 100% accurate - "Go" seemed conspicuously absent considering it definitely came after "Block Rockin' Beats" a few days ago and sure enough I just found a post that seems to confirm they played it at Sonar in some tantalizingly altered capacity. Still, though - for a set that appears to have just the two new songs we heard in December, and only one new visual, there's a lot to talk about here! "Setting Sun" as a standalone! Opening and closing tracks literally inverted from the template that started all the way back in the We Are The Night era! "Dig Your Own Hole" and "Wide Open" and "Out Of Control/Do It Again" all surviving into 2022! The new tracks seemingly don't have titles locked down yet! And most pertinent to my interests "Free Yourself" not only survived but escaped its status as a 2-minute prelude to "Chemical Beats" and is apparently a "(new version)"! Mysterious!
[close]
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Champiness on Jun 18, 2022, 23:00

Spoiler
That... certainly is the promised changeup, setlist-wise.
Although it might not be 100% accurate - "Go" seemed conspicuously absent considering it definitely came after "Block Rockin' Beats" a few days ago and sure enough I just found a post that seems to confirm they played it at Sonar in some tantalizingly altered capacity. Still, though - for a set that appears to have just the two new songs we heard in December, and only one new visual, there's a lot to talk about here! "Setting Sun" as a standalone! Opening and closing tracks literally inverted from the template that started all the way back in the We Are The Night era! "Dig Your Own Hole" and "Wide Open" and "Out Of Control/Do It Again" all surviving into 2022! The new tracks seemingly don't have titles locked down yet! And most pertinent to my interests "Free Yourself" not only survived but escaped its status as a 2-minute prelude to "Chemical Beats" and is apparently a "(new version)"! Mysterious!
[close]

Spoiler
They mixed Free Yourself and EML Ritual with EBW6!!!! Via a story I cannot access right now but we're working on it, brian_dub confirmed too!
[close]
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Is "Maw" something new or short for something i should know?
no idea, no idea

Spoiler
Conspicuously absent: TDTYF
Would've taken a bet that it will be part of this tour

In the shows leading up to NG in 2018, they also had two new songs (GTKO and MAH, with short sample teasers of EOD and NG) and in the following year more songs of the then-released album. 



[close]

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jun 18, 2022, 23:12

Is "Maw" something new or short for something i should know?
Pretty shure that's a typo and it should read MAH

Spoiler


Well well well! You can pretty much throw out the 'guess the next chems setlist' out the window. I would've never have seen this coming!

SG near the end? Wtf!! :o and 2 new tracks come into play!

Sacrifices have been made: no TPPR, GLINT, Saturate

there's a vid out there with CWU vocals out there.

My mind is still in a state of shock. I'm gonna assume that the setlist will be tweaked at sometime down the road, but for now, this is a complete overhaul for the shows.

We haven't even mentioned the new visuals yet! Damn...so much ground to cover!

[close]
Last Edit: Jun 19, 2022, 02:49 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 18, 2022, 23:20

Spoiler


Well well well! You can pretty much throw out the 'guess the next chems setlist' out the window. I would've never have seen this coming!

SG near the end? Wtf!! :o and 2 new tracks come into play!

Sacrifices have been made: no STA, TPPR, GLINT, Saturate

there's a vid out there with CWU vocals out there.

My mind is still in a state of shock. I'm gonna assume that the setlist will be tweaked at sometime down the road, but for now, this is a complete overhaul for the shows.

We haven't even mentioned the new visuals yet! Damn...so much ground to cover!

[close]

Spoiler
STA already wasn't part of the 2019 tour, and Glint/TPPR were in the Encore, we can't know anything about that yet. I'm 100% sure they keep the Reel to close the show.
[close]

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Jun 18, 2022, 23:20

Spoiler


Well well well! You can pretty much throw out the 'guess the next chems setlist' out the window. I would've never have seen this coming!

SG near the end? Wtf!! :o and 2 new tracks come into play!

Sacrifices have been made: no STA, TPPR, GLINT, Saturate

there's a vid out there with CWU vocals out there.

My mind is still in a state of shock. I'm gonna assume that the setlist will be tweaked at sometime down the road, but for now, this is a complete overhaul for the shows.

We haven't even mentioned the new visuals yet! Damn...so much ground to cover!

[close]

Spoiler
We still have an encore to cover! These are just the festival shows so it's not the full treatment, I'm imagining Darkness will be a part of the encore

Also there's been wayyy much new shit, including some newly recorded visuals for Golden Path's vocal
[close]
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Three cheers for social media conglomerates that specialize in long-form video hosting!






A real treasure-trove here!
Spoiler
Including some hugely unexpected validation for a crank theory of mine about the onetime-scrapped "Star Guitar" visuals!
[close]
Last Edit: Jun 19, 2022, 00:09 by Champiness
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Spoiler
And also because we'd somehow managed to get this far without any footage of someone just pointing their camera at the screen while the "Woo Track" played:


It may just be one person but through the power of Movie Magic they create the effect of multiple people wildly gesticulating to it!
[close]
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.