What's this do? Free Yourself

Live 2021/2022 expectations

Started by hstn, Jul 01, 2021, 00:35

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been feeling rather sentimental for the excitement and speculation that came from the 2018 gigs so I figure with a now presumably clean slate it'd be fun to start that up!

My take:

TDTYF is an absolute given live of course, where it should end up in the setlist though is the question.

I feel moments like Hoops/DYOH and some of the newer visuals (especially later 2019) are a sign of especially major changes to come as well, in terms of visual/audience interaction, crazier imagery, and probably new interpretations of old work. With the unintentional gap from the No Geography tour and a looming 10th LP there could be some notable shakeups too

However with the pandemic there could be some scaling back, I theorized with a friend that Saturate could get scaled down or cut entirely due to the use of contact (the giant balloons). Would that leave for more light based work instead?

I leave the discussion to y'all now!

(P.S. give us The Universe Sent Me live please)
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

I hope for some live premieres, as well as the Live version of "The Darkness..."
But I dunno, where it could be placed in the set, maybe on the spot of the Gravity Drops right after the Star Guitar/Temptation?

The "I'll be lovin you" sample and that buildup would be as heavy for the audience, as the GTKO! with some nice visuals starting from the complete darkness, slowly showing the pictures of rising sun, the blooming flowers, the buttefly coming out of the cocon, or something in the style of the actual music video, with Dancing people, or... AND LISTEN TO THIS:
THEY'LL USE THEIR FAVS OF OUR FILTER VIDEOS TO DO THE ONE BIG LIVE COLLAGE FROM IT!

And oh god, go back to the Free Yourself transition into MAH, and put the Chemical Beats after it, not in the middle, as it feels out of place being placed between FY and MAH
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: hstn on Jul 01, 2021, 00:35

TDTYF is an absolute given live of course, where it should end up in the setlist though is the question.

They should play it right after No Geography. BPMs are almost a match, plus gives off some great energy before the first break of the show. The crowd will be buzzing till T and E get back on the stage.
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Rehashing stuff I've already have complained about, but hoping (not expecting) that Star Guitar is saved from the Temptation vocal intro that they used over the past few tours. I love both songs, but the green eyes/blue eyes/grey eyes modulated bit doesn't sound good, and a bit too on the nose for my liking.

The Temptation instrumental to Star Guitar segue from way back, now that's a gem!

i love the 2002 temptation / star guitar. but i mean, i think the non-modulated temptation vocal samples are lovely
Eight or over.

Quote from: Bosco on Jul 22, 2021, 20:09

Rehashing stuff I've already have complained about, but hoping (not expecting) that Star Guitar is saved from the Temptation vocal intro that they used over the past few tours. I love both songs, but the green eyes/blue eyes/grey eyes modulated bit doesn't sound good, and a bit too on the nose for my liking.

The Temptation instrumental to Star Guitar segue from way back, now that's a gem!

dancesoitallkeepsspinning

New tracks plz ❤️
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Well, put it this way, Ive four red smoke flares on me for Latitude here and, providing I get them into the arena on the day, they shall be making their respective appearance when Setting Sun drops.

So don't go letting me down!

Quote from: Foxboy on Jul 23, 2021, 22:33

Well, put it this way, Ive four red smoke flares on me for Latitude here and, providing I get them into the arena on the day, they shall be making their respective appearance when Setting Sun drops.

So don't go letting me down!

Don't forget to do some recordings

I HOPE FOR Y'ALL RECORDINGS, REVIEWS, ETC, JUST TAKE OUR, WHO WON'T BE ABLE TO BE HERE ENERGY WITH YOU!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Jul 24, 2021, 00:04

Don't forget to do some recordings

I HOPE FOR Y'ALL RECORDINGS, REVIEWS, ETC, JUST TAKE OUR, WHO WON'T BE ABLE TO BE HERE ENERGY WITH YOU!

I hoped for this too that's primarily why I made the thread!!! Also Setting Sun returning would be very interesting.

In regards to teasers:
Spoiler
On Ed's story Escape Velocity can be heard in it's usual spot after the fag break with the No Geography acapella, I think the song is now retired. It SEEMS though Saturate is still in but that's only going by the lighting images they've posted.
[close]
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Quote from: hstn on Jul 24, 2021, 04:30

I hoped for this too that's primarily why I made the thread!!! Also Setting Sun returning would be very interesting.

In regards to teasers:
Spoiler
On Ed's story Escape Velocity can be heard in it's usual spot after the fag break with the No Geography acapella, I think the song is now retired. It SEEMS though Saturate is still in but that's only going by the lighting images they've posted.
[close]

I saw that too! The only thing I could think of is that maybe TDTYF will be taking over its slot.

Spoiler
if that's the case, I'm gonna be a little gutted that NG is replaced   
[close]
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Allright, today's a really special gig.
I wish everyone there a fantastic time!

Spoiler
Purple HBHG breakdancers! Whaaat?! ;D



https://www.instagram.com/stories/danny_gillies/2625120975383129199/

Nevermind, i'm happy that this have been updated somehow at last, cheers!
P.S. All these 10 years I hated these green visuals. Someone of you know it, i'm sure.
P.P.S Pretty sure this is the "new one" and was re-shotted. Cool! Have more dynamics and new moves.
[close]
Last Edit: Jul 24, 2021, 22:03 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Jul 24, 2021, 21:56

Spoiler
Purple HBHG breakdancers! Whaaat?! ;D



https://www.instagram.com/stories/danny_gillies/2625120975383129199/

Nevermind, i'm happy that this have been updated somehow at last, cheers!
P.S. All these 10 years I hated these green visuals. Someone of you know it, i'm sure.
P.P.S Pretty sure this is the "new one" and was re-shotted. Cool! Have more dynamics and new moves.
[close]

Spoiler
I found a full clip on Facebook! Free Yourself comes right after
[close]

I've done a bunch of searching for clips tonight but we'll likely get more tomorrow
Spoiler
So far the setlist seems to consist of:
HBHG
Free Yourself
Eve Of Destruction
Chemical Beats
Go
MAH
Swoon/Temptation/Star Guitar
Keep On
Saturate
Escape Velocity
Under The Influence
Wide Open
Galvanize
Block Rockin' Beats

Hopefully more will surface, it seems they majorly rearranged stuff which is what the 2020 set would've been if it had gone as planned
[close]
Last Edit: Jul 24, 2021, 23:26 by hstn
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Damn! I was reaaaaly close then!

Quote from: Explud on Mar 06, 2020, 18:25

I spoiled the part of the 2020 setlist by photos from the Matt Cox twitter:

Spoiler
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: hstn on Jul 24, 2021, 22:10

Spoiler
I found a full clip on Facebook! Free Yourself comes right after
[close]

I've done a bunch of searching for clips tonight but we'll likely get more tomorrow
Spoiler
So far the setlist seems to consist of:
HBHG
Free Yourself
Eve Of Destruction
Chemical Beats
Go
MAH
Swoon/Temptation/Star Guitar
Keep On
Saturate
Escape Velocity
Under The Influence
Wide Open
Galvanize
Block Rockin' Beats

Hopefully more will surface, it seems they majorly rearranged stuff which is what the 2020 set would've been if it had gone as planned
[close]

Spoiler
There's no Darkness, or WEP?!
[close]
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Jul 24, 2021, 23:50

Spoiler
There's no Darkness, or WEP?!
[close]

Spoiler
those are all the tracks I could seem to get any evidence of! I imagine cos this was the setlist from March 2020 TDTYF prolly wasn't ready yet, still shocked though nothing's turned up, but there's still more that has yet to be seen
[close]
I can't take the hearbreak of you leaving me again
And I'm not the one I was back then, no, no, no, no
One thing I can't take is to sit home all alone
Do what you like, my dear, but I'm not staying home

Spoiler
I too am surprised of no report of TDTYF being played. Maybe to debut next year instead?
[close]

Spoiler
TDTYF was in the set list, I saw a brief clip of it on Snapchat
[close]


0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.