What's this do? Surrender to the Void

Spiritualized

Started by Bosco, Jul 28, 2021, 17:21

Previous topic - Next topic
So Jason has been slowly reissuing his entire catalog on 180g vinyl throughout the year. There isn't anything new musically, but he is providing new artwork for each album, and a limited amount of color vinyl if you order ahead of time.

Has anyone picked up any of the new reissues? I'm hoping to get all the reissues at some point, but my interest is definitely picked up with 'Ladies and Gentlemen...' and 'Let it Come Down' next up.

any who, https://www.spiritualized.com



about to take on the new album.


I'm contemplating on seeing Jason on 1 of 3 locations

1- Chicago Illinois, Pitchfork Music Festival, (kinda lame but most feasible)

2- Milwaukee Wisconsin, Turner Hall Ball Room (looks extremely nice, and I haven't visited Milwaukee for quite a while.)

3- Pelham Tennesse, The Caverns. (Ultra special, concert venue is literally in a cave, but would be a trip)


Wow, that cavern gig looks quite tempting. Wonder what the acoustic in there is like. Beautiful shot, too.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Quote from: Csar on May 07, 2022, 21:23

Wow, that cavern gig looks quite tempting. Wonder what the acoustic in there is like. Beautiful shot, too.

we now have designated location for "Born In The Echoes" live play-through.

Alright, so the new album is pretty much par for the course. But that is perfectly fine. I love it.

Jason is soooo damn good at sustaining his unique sound, and for some that might be his downfall (kinda unable to progress), but his unique genius is absolutely intoxicating to me. What a beautiful catalog of music.

I'm so very thankful for the Chemical Brother remix of Spiritualized, probably would have never opened that door for me.

Quote from: Bosco on May 09, 2022, 07:16
Jason is soooo damn good at sustaining his unique sound, and for some that might be his downfall (kinda unable to progress), but his unique genius is absolutely intoxicating to me. What a beautiful catalog of music.

I'm so very thankful for the Chemical Brother remix of Spiritualized, probably would have never opened that door for me.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Dave Fannning -who I've just mentioned in the Social Lights thread- playing this track before Spiritualized became Spiritualized is what brought them to my attention. The Chems didn't exist yet (well, as people they did...)


Yea though I walk through the valley and shadow of death
every day of my life,
I fear no evil for The Lord is with me.

Absolutely love Spacemen 3 as well. Recurring is an interesting album as it was made after Jason and Pete Kember (aka Sonic Boom) fell out, so it's more like a split Sonic Boom and J Spaceman LP (doing side A and B respectively) before either of them really began their solo endeavors

Big City was also my introduction to Spacemen 3, but well after falling in love w Spiritualized via the Chems remix.

Beyond the Chems Remix, I give a lot of credit to Whirlygirl for maintaining my interest in J Spaceman and Spiritualized on this forum. She was persistent throughout the years saying that this was worthwhile crossover to pay attention to, and she is absolutely correct.



Quote from: Bosco on May 14, 2022, 09:19

Beyond the Chems Remix, I give a lot of credit to Whirlygirl for maintaining my interest in J Spaceman and Spiritualized on this forum. She was persistent throughout the years saying that this was worthwhile crossover to pay attention to, and she is absolutely correct.

Aw that's so sweet of you to mention. 🥰  I ADORE Spiritualized with all my heart and they're still in my top 3 favorites after all these years. The I Think I'm In Love remix is still my most favorite remix the Chemical Brothers have done (and it's easily my fave remix of all time, seriously) I got a chance to see J Spaceman and crew at an intimate venue in Solana Beach (San Diego) in April. First concert since all this pandemic stuff started!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.